• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What'cha Reading?

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Caddyshack: The Making of a Hollywood Cinderella Story by Chris Nashawaty.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The Annotated H.P. Lovecraft, just finished the first volume yesterday, rounding it up with 'Mountains of Madness'. Going to start the second volume soon. Really enjoying them, and never read them before.

Am also re-reading the 'Hyperion' sci-fi series.

Am also still in the midst of reading all of Chekov's short stories.

Lark

I'm working through The Moth, the book of the spoken word podcast, The Last Asylum, which is about someone having a breakdown and being confined to an asylum just when care in the community lead to their closure, and 19 essays in tribute to The Twilight Zone, some of which are way better than others, I was thinking of keeping this book because I like Twilight Zone the classic series a lot but its been disappointing so when I've read it I'm getting rid of it.

Permabanned
The War of Art: Winning the Inner Creative Battle: Steven Pressfield, George Guidall: 0889290380265: Amazon.com: Books

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I just finished Steppenwolf by Hesse. I started in on it thinking that I understood its angle, thinking it was about a turn-of-the-20th century hipster by a turn-of-the-20th century hipster amidst the backdrop of an impending world war. I was enjoying it on that level, feeling accepting about the subject, assuming that hipsterdom just hadn't been adequately explored and as such the tropes felt a little naive, though interestingly written. Then it went on to fuck my brain.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Adventures in Starry Kitchen. Just a fun read about an L.A. based chef who ran an underground restaurant (without a business license) in his apartment.

There's an excellent chapter on how he discovered his favorite dessert - via a Thai prostitute.

It's a mix of egg yolk, coconut cream, and pandan, a long green leaf in Southeast Asia that's like vanilla but a little nuttier, used in sweet and savory dishes alike for its incredible aroma and because it changes everything to a super pretty bright green color.And all of that is married to create a thick custardy delicious spread in a bowl served with triangular pieces of white bread. It's kind of a sweet dish, kind of an appetizer, and all you do is take the super-moist bread and dip it into and drench it in the kaya and stuff that deliciousness into your mouth.

HO...LY...FVCK! It was SO GOOD...SO TASTY. So satisfying after a night out. It's so simple, and so comfortingly delicious. And I'm sure that being under the stars in Bangkok with my non-sexual partner in crime for the night didn't hurt either.

Lark

Adventures in Starry Kitchen. Just a fun read about an L.A. based chef who ran an underground restaurant (without a business license) in his apartment.

There's an excellent chapter on how he discovered his favorite dessert - via a Thai prostitute.

That sounds like a good book, that recipe sounds good too.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Lark said:
That sounds like a good book, that recipe sounds good too.

The dish is called kaya toast or kaya bread; there's a youtube video called "Smooth Creamy Pandan Kaya (Coconut Milk Egg Jam)" that tells you how to make it.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Started re-reading the RAMA series by Arthur C Clarke last night. And I finished the last of the HP Lovecraft stories yesterday from the 2nd Annotated volume. Also I am now 60% through all of Chekhov's works! :D I'm getting there....

But yesterday I downloaded 5 more free books from amazon that I haven't read yet, so soon I'll have a few new things to add into the mix.

scarlettlove

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
One book about textile and yarn techniques in visual art and another book about crochet.

pehmea-taide.jpg

villiä virkkausta.jpg