• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What'cha Reading?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
"Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and his Years of Pilgrimage" by Haruki Murakami.

Thanks [MENTION=5076]nonsequitur[/MENTION] :)

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I was going to start reading "Silence" by Shusaku Endo, but then I saw the movie, and oh my god, the movie was enough for me. Reading the book right after would be too much.

Probably going to read a murder mystery or something.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Psychological Types lol

While Carl Jung may be a genius in his own regard. My god his scholarly books are so DRY.

I feel like my brain was left in the middle of Death Valley and the ground via osmosis just took all of what liquid what was in my brain

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Finished reading the play: Your Mom

I got to the climax of her quite fast.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
While Carl Jung may be a genius in his own regard. My god his scholarly books are so DRY.

I feel like my brain was left in the middle of Death Valley and the ground via osmosis just took all of what liquid what was in my brain

Oh, I found the type descriptions quite dramatic, and kinda amusing.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I haven't been paying attention to the chapters. It's just the part where he describes each function.

Hmm. It's tempting to go there quickly. It is I'll agree very interesting to read the general descriptions of those. But 1-9 do go very deep into what introversion and extroversion is. I mean he did coin those terms after all.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage by Haruki Murakami. I like all Murakami books and this is no exception. This one's about a guy who was suddenly and inexplicably rejected by his closest friends and he tries to find out what happened.

The reason why death had such a hold on Tsukuru Tazaki was clear. One day his four closest friends, the friends he'd known for a long time, announced that they did not want to see him, or talk with him, ever again. It was a sudden, decisive declaration, with no room for compromise. They gave no explanation, not a word, for this harsh pronouncement. And Tsukuru didn't dare ask.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Binge-reading Charles Bukowski poems to distract myself from work I need to do.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Penrod's Demon and two sequels to that

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Penrod's Demon and two sequels to that

I've read them. I love me some Bujold (the Miles Vorkosigan series is awesome)... Penric's Demon isn't my all time favorite, but has its moments!

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've read them. I love me some Bujold (the Miles Vorkosigan series is awesome)... Penric's Demon isn't my all time favorite, but has its moments!
Yeah I own all of her books. The third one of the Penrod series is best. Cuse of Chalion series was also good. She is probably my second favorite author.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Wow you read that? Awesome! Yeah I love the Miles books. Have you ever read Joan Vinge? Like Psion?

Yes. I read Joan Vinge.

If you liked the Miles books, you might want to try Elizabeth Moon. Her Heris Serrano books are really enjoyable. As our David Weber's early Honor Harrington works. Both featured strong female leads.