• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What'cha Reading?

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
just read Kingdom of Speech by Tom Wolfe.....beautiful takedown of Chomsky's linguistics as being mostly BS, as well as raising interesting questions into the development of science as we know it.....

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wuthering heights (because I must, i'm in english phylology....) but what I love reading is divulgative science articles and that stuff

But does it lead to a job?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Brain Wave, by Poul Anderson
51qP75bq0DL._SX354_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That book starts out with a rabbit whose increased intellect allowed it to escape from a trap set by a hunter.

Hmmm, I don't think that would be possible. It's not intelligence a rabbit lacks, but brain structure. The book states that electrochemical energy in all brains became more energetic and can travel more quickly. Neurons recover a few milliseconds faster after firing. But in order for the rabbit to do what it did, it would have to grow a cerebral cortex.

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea from Seven Novels by Jules Verne from Barnes & Noble.
9781435122956.jpg

Kas

Fabula rasa
I've just finished The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I think that my knowledge about the Universe expanded.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Just read the Gunslinger series by Stephen King. They are awesome and the characters stick with you. I almost miss them almost as they were real people i actually net not just text on a page.

Abendrot

one way trip
MBTI Type
IntJ
Enneagram
85X
Instinctual Variant
sx
The Divine Comedy - Dante Alighieri
Collection of Short Stories by Jorge Luis Borges
Hesiod's Theogony

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I swear there needs to be a standardized way of teaching O Chem. I've seen 3 different text books all up to date and they don't match each other.

Language Warning:

Abendrot

one way trip
MBTI Type
IntJ
Enneagram
85X
Instinctual Variant
sx
A History of Western Philosophy by Bertrand Russell.