• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What'cha Reading?

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Frankenstein's Cat by Emily Anthes.
It's a fascinating read.

Jeremy8419

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Think ima buy Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus off Amazon. It occurs to me that I don't "go along with" women's emotionalism as much as I should.

Kephalos

J.M.P.P. R.I.P. B5: RLOAI
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Albion's Seed: Four British Folkways in America by David Hackett Fischer
Liberty and Freedom: A Visual History of American's Founding Ideas by David Hackett Fischer
History of England from the Accession of James I to the Outbreak of the Civil War by Samuel Rawson Gardiner
The Early Stuarts, 1603-1666 by Godfrey Davies
The Radicalism of the American Revolution by Gordon S. Wood

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
15791099.jpg

*cackles quietly in the corner*

cosmic royal

Phoenix Flame
MBTI Type
xNTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm going to start on Enshadowed, by Kelly Creagh very soon :)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sometimes I Act Crazy, written by Kreisman & Straus, is much better than I ever thought it would be. I recommend this book to anybody having problems with identity and/or relationships.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am reading 3 books:

-I am still reading Proust's 'In Search of Lost Time', over a year after starting it, but my consolation is it's apparently between 3,200-4,300 pages long depending on translation, and I'm now over 70% complete (am reading it on a Kindle)! I can only read it in small doses / a 1-2 hr stretch, max, at a time, but I find it fantastic and extremely insightful.
-I am in book 5 of Diana Gabaldan's 'Outlander' series. This is my brain candy/fast reading.
-I have started 'Cadillac Desert', a nonfiction about the water development / issues /corruption/greed/politics/short-sightedness /stupidity of the western U.S. --- it is extremely good. I'm only about 60 pages in, though. I read this one at work during breaks and lunch. :smile:

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Today I'm going to start reading the Bible. All of it. Literally every page.

ESV though. I'm not that hardcore.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Penpall. A book that was originally published on reddit but is now standing on its own in the 'real world'.

Its much better so far than this other... Disturbingly highly rated, book- 'The butterfly garden' which I found kinda contrived.

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I'm still going on strong with The Brothers Karamazov. This is a fantastic book, a true masterpiece. Anyone who is into philosophy/religion must read it. What's so great is how it goes so much in depth to describe all perspectives - those of the atheist, the agnostic and the deeply religious. I think anyone would be able to relate to this book in their own way.

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Today I'm going to start reading the Bible. All of it. Literally every page.

ESV though. I'm not that hardcore.
The Bible contains so many treasures in terms of poetry, storytelling, wisdom and getting to know God. But it's also full of contradictions, which is both a charm and a frustration. To state what I have just stated is a contradiction in and of itself, now that I think about it. Perhaps this tells us something about the contradictory nature of life in general, the background of which will always be a mystery to us during life on Earth.