• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What'cha Reading?

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm continuing where I left off on Thinking Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman.

And then read a Biology book for fun.

Gosh, entertainment is getting more boring for me now.

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Just finished Minds Eye by Oliver Sacks. A very fascinating book, and topic for that matter. I'd definitely recommend it.
I'd like to start Call of the Chulthlu by H.P Lovercraft.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
$_35.JPG

Objectivity by Lorraine Daston and Peter Galison

This book is amazing and I recommend it to everyone on TypeC. It's a fascinating exploration of the history of objectivity, its entry into scientific practice and its various incarnations. One of the best books about the history of science ever written, IMO.

SERIOUSLY GUYS, READ IT, IT'S AWESOME AND WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE.

Dr Mobius

Biting Shards
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Objectivity by Lorraine Daston and Peter Galison

This book is amazing and I recommend it to everyone on TypeC. It's a fascinating exploration of the history of objectivity, its entry into scientific practice and its various incarnations. One of the best books about the history of science ever written, IMO.

SERIOUSLY GUYS, READ IT, IT'S AWESOME AND WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE.

BUT WHAT I REALLY NEED IN LIFE RIGHT NOW IS STABILITY. ALSO DOES IT COME IN EBOOK KINDLE FORMAT?

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Currently reading A Game of Thrones. The first book is accurately similar to the tv show adaption, and the plot is more or less the same, except they cut out details that don't need to be included. I didn't like what happened to Dany at the beginning of the show with Drogo in comparison to the books. Catelyn is harsher to Jon, Littlefinger's personality is slightly different and it isn't as blatantly obvious that he is untrustworthy. Lyanna Stark must be Jon Snow's mother, it makes so much sense based on her last words. Jon and Arya are my favourates in the book.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why?

I stumbled on GTD last night relating to brain dump, as to relieve mental strain from keeping mental notes. I've been using one note, keep and sticky notes, tho lost a batch upon reinstalling windows :cry:
Tho article advocated offline and paper, maybe for focusing

That was a joke.

I was introduced to GTD in college around the time I started my first company. I had a lot of other projects going on besides (also school...sometimes) and was just starting to drown.

The system you learn from it is a bit excessive altogether but it teaches a couple of important habits and how to implement them consistently. Specifically, thinking through a project, how to translate that project into smaller, actionable steps and how to stay on top of the progress that youve made towards the larger goal. It's a very accessible crash course in Te, in other words.

I recommended it to [MENTION=10550]Dr Mobius[/MENTION] because that structure builds in a lot of regularity and stability into your life.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
The Silencing: How the Left is Killing Free Speech by Kirsten Powers

More accounts of false outrage and deliberate suppression of opposing points of views by "feminists", "journalists", and the illiberal left. I'm pleasantly surprised that Powers has this in her. I've never respected her takes on issues when she's with O'Reilly or Hannity, but this is a very honest assessment of the PC culture run amok in the USA, so kudos Ms. Powers.