User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Thread: Tim Tebow

I think God did Cardinals fans a solid on this one. They'll wind up better off. A full year of Wainwright, plus an everyday spot opening up for Allen Craig, and a full season of Freese. And that's before the additions they'll be able to make without that albatross of a 10-year $220 million contract that'll be dead money in five years. I would not be surprised if Cardinals brass was secretly happy to have made a credible offer and been outbid.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by tkae. View Post

Plus, he's cute. Cute guys shouldn't get ragged on this much (unless "ragged on" is a euphemism for something hot and steamy)
    That's a rather silly standard. Attractive people can be as bad as anyone else. (not saying Tim Tebow is)

I tend to disagree with his whole Focus on the Family political ideas (and was pretty annoyed when they played his ad for that group but refused to play an ad for a gay dating site during the Superbowl... what was it, last year?), but other than that I don't have much opinion on the guy. I live in Denver, so I do get really tired of people talking about him every six seconds.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    That's a rather silly standard. Attractive people can be as bad as anyone else. (not saying Tim Tebow is)
    It's only silly if you think about it too hard with your other head
    "Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away." -Ekaku Hakuin
    http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...psdunkqmep.png
    5w4 . IEI . Chaotic Good
    Right-Libertarian Minarchist

MBTI
    INTJ

So the Eagles must be experiencing God's wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post

Seriously.

I have nothing against others who want to pray for sports success, but it's stupid as far as I'm concerned. And I believe in a God myself... it's just that I don't think he gives a shit.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    I think God did Cardinals fans a solid on this one. They'll wind up better off. A full year of Wainwright, plus an everyday spot opening up for Allen Craig, and a full season of Freese. And that's before the additions they'll be able to make without that albatross of a 10-year $220 million contract that'll be dead money in five years. I would not be surprised if Cardinals brass was secretly happy to have made a credible offer and been outbid.
    Almost all Cardinals fans that I know agree with you here. Cardinals fans are angry mostly for emotional reasons. It's like a breakup. There are hurt feelings. But from a baseball perspective, most know that this is probably best for the franchise. If Pujol$ signed, Wainwright probably walks in a couple years, and honestly, Wainwright is going to be the better player for most of this next decade, even if Pujol$' decline slows down (his OBP dropped by almost 50 points last season).

If the Cardinals are able to land Beltran, Cuddyer, or Cespedes, they'll probably be better than they were last season.

It will be gratifying when Pujol$ is watching the Cardinals in the playoffs from his million dollar couch that God told him to buy. Maybe Nyjer Morgan can join him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like this quote by Dan Haren:

"I've never been this excited for a baseball season to start," Angels right-hander Dan Haren said. "I've never felt this way about a baseball season in December."
    This is probably true. Winning 105 games and going to the World Series with the Cardinals in 2004 must have been pretty dull.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    This is probably true. Winning 105 games and going to the World Series with the Cardinals in 2004 must have been pretty dull.
    Then again, if he knew that was all going to happen in December of 2003, he'd be some sort of prophet.

Like Tebow.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Then again, if he knew that was all going to happen in December of 2003, he'd be some sort of prophet.

Like Tebow.
    If the Angels had Tebow, they'd probably win 105 games. Without him, they won't even win their own division.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    I think it probably was better for the Cardinals, and will end up being a good deal of dead weight for the Angels for the last 4-5 years of the contract. That being said, I've been an Angels fan my whole life, and I've never seen or felt such excitement for an upcoming season. These two signings put us in serious World Series contention for the next 4-5 years. And the most important thing to realize is how this fits into Arte Moreno's and the Angels' long-term goals. They want to dethrone the Dodgers as the team of the Los Angeles area (all the way from Ventura to San Bernardino/Riverside to Orange County). They also want to capture the Latino market, both within and outside the United States, and this signing, combined with many other things about the team, will only help accomplish this.

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    So the Eagles must be experiencing God's wrath.
    Nah.

But you do sleep in the bed you make.

As I believe it says in the Bible (just checked -- interestingly, it does not; but I don't care): "God helps the man who helps himself."

If you don't think faith, hard work, a positive attitude, et al, will help you succeed in life, then, well, best of luck to you.

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I have nothing against others who want to pray for sports success, but it's stupid as far as I'm concerned. And I believe in a God myself... it's just that I don't think he gives a shit.
    And Tebow agrees.

He's said repeatedly that God doesn't care what team wins a game.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wall St. Journal
    Mr. Tebow says that football is just a game—and that God doesn't care who wins or loses.

In other news, shit is getting heated:

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

If the Angels had Tebow, they'd probably win 105 games. Without him, they won't even win their own division.
    It's this kind of shallow mocking, with just a bit of actual venom attached, that does nothing to improve our national discourse.