User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

Thread: Tim Tebow

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    6 straight wins. Giving it hell. For the bad wrap his playing in the NFL gets, I don't see how he's over rated by any means. He does definitely appears in the spotlight for a number of reasons though. I support Tebow.

www.tebowing.com
    With his style of play, he's not going to last long. What we're seeing right now might be his peak, and he's not really that good (in a strictly football skill sense).
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    With his style of play, he's not going to last long. What we're seeing right now might be his peak, and he's not really that good (in a strictly football skill sense).
    He's not a great passer, but he can play football like it's 1956.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

[YOUTUBE="zMK9FKMG3Nc"]All he does is...[/YOUTUBE]

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

“Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI

I'm not really a football fan, but I'm sort of tired of people taking shots at him just over his religion.

He's a decent person who tries to be more than a dickwad.

He's not fighting dogs, he's not getting swamped by rape charges, he's not shooting people because he got drunk in a bar, he's not throwing hissy fits over a 190 million dollar contract instead of a 250 million dollar one...

So he wants to tribute his religion openly, why's that such an issue?

Plus, he's cute. Cute guys shouldn't get ragged on this much (unless "ragged on" is a euphemism for something hot and steamy)

EDIT:

That said,

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Now now, Beefeater. Let he who is without win cast the first down.
    is the funniest thing I've read all month.
    "Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away." -Ekaku Hakuin
    http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...psdunkqmep.png
    5w4 . IEI . Chaotic Good
    Right-Libertarian Minarchist

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    [bitter that her starting quarterback is a rapist]
    I am confident that Tim Tebow will do more to help the poor during his life than the rest of the NFL combined.

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I don't any issues with Tebow himself. I have a problem with how the media (ESPN in particular) force feeds us TEBOW TIME constantly. I watched sportscenter tonight and there are 4 out of 7 stories related to Tebow.

And from what I have seen, Denver's defense deserves a shitload of credit that is instead going to Tebow. That defense could carry Tebow kicking and screaming to the superbowl, and the media would give all of the credit to Tebow.

You know who the only person giving any credit to the defense is? Tebow.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

I don't any issues with Tebow himself. I have a problem with how the media (ESPN in particular) force feeds us TEBOW TIME constantly. I watched sportscenter tonight and there are 4 out of 7 stories related to Tebow.
    And most of those stories, since Tebow was a senior, have been about how Tebow will never make it as an NFL quarterback.

And from what I have seen, Denver's defense deserves a shitload of credit that is instead going to Tebow. That defense could carry Tebow kicking and screaming to the superbowl, and the media would give all of the credit to Tebow.
    I'm not taking anything away from Denver's defense, but where were they the first five games?

You know who the only person giving any credit to the defense is? Tebow.
    Everyone I discuss this matter gives plenty of credit to the defense; in fact, for the last month, all every Tebow-hater has been saying is that it's all about the defense; even Skip Bayless, ESPN's only pro-Tebow analyst all season long, said two weeks ago that 50% of the credit goes to the Denver defense; and all this is the case despite the fact that the Denver defense is actually ranked 15th in the league against the pass and 21st against the run. It also ignores the fact that: 1) Tebow has done a good job not turning the ball over; 2) their run-heavy offense allows them to wind down the clock; and 3) defenses play harder for a quarterback they believe in.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I've got nothing against Tebow. So far, he seems like a genuinely good person.

But not all "Christian" professional athletes are like Tebow. Most are more like Albert Pujol$, who told Cardinals fans that God told him to go sign with the Angels, who just happened to offer him the most money. Pujol$ says it's not about the money, he was just being obedient to the ultimate authority. Therefore, if you're questioning Pujol$, you are questioning God.
    Last edited by Lateralus; 12-13-2011 at 02:06 PM.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Yeah, well I'm a lifelong Angels fan, so...

...thanks, God.