• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Tim Tebow

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
6 straight wins. Giving it hell. For the bad wrap his playing in the NFL gets, I don't see how he's over rated by any means. He does definitely appears in the spotlight for a number of reasons though. I support Tebow.

www.tebowing.com
With his style of play, he's not going to last long. What we're seeing right now might be his peak, and he's not really that good (in a strictly football skill sense).

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
With his style of play, he's not going to last long. What we're seeing right now might be his peak, and he's not really that good (in a strictly football skill sense).

He's not a great passer, but he can play football like it's 1956.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[YOUTUBE="zMK9FKMG3Nc"]All he does is...[/YOUTUBE]

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
5w0mQ.jpg

tkae.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not really a football fan, but I'm sort of tired of people taking shots at him just over his religion.

He's a decent person who tries to be more than a dickwad.

He's not fighting dogs, he's not getting swamped by rape charges, he's not shooting people because he got drunk in a bar, he's not throwing hissy fits over a 190 million dollar contract instead of a 250 million dollar one...

So he wants to tribute his religion openly, why's that such an issue?

Plus, he's cute. Cute guys shouldn't get ragged on this much (unless "ragged on" is a euphemism for something hot and steamy)

EDIT:

That said,

Now now, Beefeater. Let he who is without win cast the first down.

is the funniest thing I've read all month.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
I don't any issues with Tebow himself. I have a problem with how the media (ESPN in particular) force feeds us TEBOW TIME constantly. I watched sportscenter tonight and there are 4 out of 7 stories related to Tebow.

And from what I have seen, Denver's defense deserves a shitload of credit that is instead going to Tebow. That defense could carry Tebow kicking and screaming to the superbowl, and the media would give all of the credit to Tebow.

You know who the only person giving any credit to the defense is? Tebow.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I don't any issues with Tebow himself. I have a problem with how the media (ESPN in particular) force feeds us TEBOW TIME constantly. I watched sportscenter tonight and there are 4 out of 7 stories related to Tebow.

And most of those stories, since Tebow was a senior, have been about how Tebow will never make it as an NFL quarterback.

And from what I have seen, Denver's defense deserves a shitload of credit that is instead going to Tebow. That defense could carry Tebow kicking and screaming to the superbowl, and the media would give all of the credit to Tebow.

I'm not taking anything away from Denver's defense, but where were they the first five games?

You know who the only person giving any credit to the defense is? Tebow.

Everyone I discuss this matter gives plenty of credit to the defense; in fact, for the last month, all every Tebow-hater has been saying is that it's all about the defense; even Skip Bayless, ESPN's only pro-Tebow analyst all season long, said two weeks ago that 50% of the credit goes to the Denver defense; and all this is the case despite the fact that the Denver defense is actually ranked 15th in the league against the pass and 21st against the run. It also ignores the fact that: 1) Tebow has done a good job not turning the ball over; 2) their run-heavy offense allows them to wind down the clock; and 3) defenses play harder for a quarterback they believe in.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
I've got nothing against Tebow. So far, he seems like a genuinely good person.

But not all "Christian" professional athletes are like Tebow. Most are more like Albert Pujol$, who told Cardinals fans that God told him to go sign with the Angels, who just happened to offer him the most money. Pujol$ says it's not about the money, he was just being obedient to the ultimate authority. Therefore, if you're questioning Pujol$, you are questioning God.

Last edited:
MBTI Type
INTJ
I think God did Cardinals fans a solid on this one. They'll wind up better off. A full year of Wainwright, plus an everyday spot opening up for Allen Craig, and a full season of Freese. And that's before the additions they'll be able to make without that albatross of a 10-year $220 million contract that'll be dead money in five years. I would not be surprised if Cardinals brass was secretly happy to have made a credible offer and been outbid.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Plus, he's cute. Cute guys shouldn't get ragged on this much (unless "ragged on" is a euphemism for something hot and steamy)

That's a rather silly standard. Attractive people can be as bad as anyone else. (not saying Tim Tebow is)

I tend to disagree with his whole Focus on the Family political ideas (and was pretty annoyed when they played his ad for that group but refused to play an ad for a gay dating site during the Superbowl... what was it, last year?), but other than that I don't have much opinion on the guy. I live in Denver, so I do get really tired of people talking about him every six seconds.

tkae.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's a rather silly standard. Attractive people can be as bad as anyone else. (not saying Tim Tebow is)

It's only silly if you think about it too hard with your other head ;)

KDude

Seriously.

I have nothing against others who want to pray for sports success, but it's stupid as far as I'm concerned. And I believe in a God myself... it's just that I don't think he gives a shit.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
I think God did Cardinals fans a solid on this one. They'll wind up better off. A full year of Wainwright, plus an everyday spot opening up for Allen Craig, and a full season of Freese. And that's before the additions they'll be able to make without that albatross of a 10-year $220 million contract that'll be dead money in five years. I would not be surprised if Cardinals brass was secretly happy to have made a credible offer and been outbid.
Almost all Cardinals fans that I know agree with you here. Cardinals fans are angry mostly for emotional reasons. It's like a breakup. There are hurt feelings. But from a baseball perspective, most know that this is probably best for the franchise. If Pujol$ signed, Wainwright probably walks in a couple years, and honestly, Wainwright is going to be the better player for most of this next decade, even if Pujol$' decline slows down (his OBP dropped by almost 50 points last season).

If the Cardinals are able to land Beltran, Cuddyer, or Cespedes, they'll probably be better than they were last season.

It will be gratifying when Pujol$ is watching the Cardinals in the playoffs from his million dollar couch that God told him to buy. Maybe Nyjer Morgan can join him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like this quote by Dan Haren:

"I've never been this excited for a baseball season to start," Angels right-hander Dan Haren said. "I've never felt this way about a baseball season in December."
This is probably true. Winning 105 games and going to the World Series with the Cardinals in 2004 must have been pretty dull.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is probably true. Winning 105 games and going to the World Series with the Cardinals in 2004 must have been pretty dull.

Then again, if he knew that was all going to happen in December of 2003, he'd be some sort of prophet.

Like Tebow.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Then again, if he knew that was all going to happen in December of 2003, he'd be some sort of prophet.

Like Tebow.
If the Angels had Tebow, they'd probably win 105 games. Without him, they won't even win their own division.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team

I think it probably was better for the Cardinals, and will end up being a good deal of dead weight for the Angels for the last 4-5 years of the contract. That being said, I've been an Angels fan my whole life, and I've never seen or felt such excitement for an upcoming season. These two signings put us in serious World Series contention for the next 4-5 years. And the most important thing to realize is how this fits into Arte Moreno's and the Angels' long-term goals. They want to dethrone the Dodgers as the team of the Los Angeles area (all the way from Ventura to San Bernardino/Riverside to Orange County). They also want to capture the Latino market, both within and outside the United States, and this signing, combined with many other things about the team, will only help accomplish this.

So the Eagles must be experiencing God's wrath.

Nah.

But you do sleep in the bed you make.

As I believe it says in the Bible (just checked -- interestingly, it does not; but I don't care): "God helps the man who helps himself."

If you don't think faith, hard work, a positive attitude, et al, will help you succeed in life, then, well, best of luck to you.

I have nothing against others who want to pray for sports success, but it's stupid as far as I'm concerned. And I believe in a God myself... it's just that I don't think he gives a shit.

And Tebow agrees.

He's said repeatedly that God doesn't care what team wins a game.

The Wall St. Journal said:
Mr. Tebow says that football is just a game—and that God doesn't care who wins or loses.

In other news, shit is getting heated:

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
If the Angels had Tebow, they'd probably win 105 games. Without him, they won't even win their own division.

It's this kind of shallow mocking, with just a bit of actual venom attached, that does nothing to improve our national discourse.