User Tag List

First 31112131415 Last

Thread: Tim Tebow

The Taiwanese have had their say on the issue, and it's as spectacular as we could have hoped:

[youtube=m5OAGHXc1ZU]Steelers Get Tebowed[/youtube]
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    The Taiwanese have had their say on the issue, and it's as spectacular as we could have hoped:

[youtube=m5OAGHXc1ZU]Steelers Get Tebowed[/youtube]
    LOL, what's with the women riding the space shuttle like a horse at the end? This video reminded me of this:

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clip...utter-nonsense
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    No, he's fundamentally worse than most NFL quarterbacks in this respect. Before he was drafted, he was projected by many people to not even be an NFL quarterback. They thought he would be a tight end or H-back. I still think that's where he'll end up. Many players have had fabulous rookie seasons only to see everything go downhill from there (Vince Young being one of those guys). I think Tebow will get destroyed next season, once teams start game-planning to stop him.
    Agree that for the most part, he's below mediocre outside of his ability to make big plays and inspire his team. However, I think Tebow has a legitimate shot next season. Tebow is one of, if not the, hardest working player in the NFL. I read about a respected NFL quarterback coach talk about how, after reviewing Tebow, he has what it takes to be a 60% passer. One of the reasons he's still so rough around the edges is because McDaniels quit working with him last year and he had no time with the coaches during the off season because of the lockout. This year, you can pretty much guarantee that he'll be working his fool butt off on improving, and with people like John Elway personally teaching him, he *will* get better.

Will it be enough? Who knows. Will he become a good enough passer to have a career after he quits being such a threat on the ground? Who knows. What I do know is that, as a Denver fan, I'm legitimately excited to see what he'll do next year. Denver was at the bottom of the trash heap after last season, and even though the Broncos are pretty much middle-of-the-grade this year, he's managed to bring new life into the franchise.

Make him go away. I'm sick of seeing him on my RSS feed.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

I love the videos this guy has been making -- trust me, it's worth the watch.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Conan recreates the final play in OT:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7A-z_Olo94"]Conan Peanut Players[/YOUTUBE]

The Steelers should sign Peanut Ike Taylor. He's much faster.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    The Steelers should sign Peanut Ike Taylor. He's much faster.
    We should sign Jesus. Those refs never throw flags on Jesus like they do on our defense.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

Johari / Nohari

“That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga

MBTI
    ISTx

I can't freakin' wait for both games today.