Thread: Sunshine

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

Exclamation Sunshine

It just got a 7.3 on IMDB?? Should have got an 8 at least.

This movie is emotional and intense beyond belief. I put extra brain cells from the beginning just to keep up with the tension running in my mind.

Following the disaster of Icarus I seven years earlier a second team on Icarus II is sent to the Sun to save a part of it from dying by reigniting it with a mini-supernova; and thus save mankind from instinction. But things go wrong.

--- ---

I'm abit lost on one fact. Was it Pinbacker (the monster) whom infiltrated Icarus II and sabotaged it after Icarus II docked with Icarus I at Mercury? How did he get into Icarus II?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

Question [Icarus II's big decision.]

For everyone who have watched the movie.

What would your decision be? Would you change course from the intended mission plan to intercept Icarus I at Mercury? How would you handle the decision of the group?

Big question.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I dunno, I thought it was kinda boring.

In terms of independent British-made space movies, I much preferred Moon. Some fantastic old-school miniature work in that film, there was.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

Exclamation [Sunshine - The Surface of the Sun.]

--- ---

I found it quite boring the minute I changed the channel and was on the Third Act of the film.

Until by coincidence I notice Chris Evans [The Human Torch from Fantastic Four] is in it and so is Cillian Murphy [Scarecrow from Batman Begins and The Dark Knight].

I watched the whole film a few weeks later and my conclusion...
    This movie is emotional and intense beyond belief. I put extra brain cells from the beginning just to keep up with the tension running in my mind.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

Exclamation [*Spoilers*]

Movie Spoilers.

---

---

There you go. I did every thing for you. Idiots.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

I thought the film was awesome, though I will agree with reviewers that the cheesy-horror-flick-esque ending was a little inconsistent with the tone of the rest of the film. In any case I never found it boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    I'm abit lost on one fact. Was it Pinbacker (the monster) whom infiltrated Icarus II and sabotaged it after Icarus II docked with Icarus I at Mercury? How did he get into Icarus II?
    Yeah, I'm guessing that he sneaked onto Icarus II while it was docked with Icarus I and then blew the docking bay so that everyone would be stranded on Icarus I.

For everyone who have watched the movie.

What would your decision be? Would you change course from the intended mission plan to intercept Icarus I at Mercury? How would you handle the decision of the group?

Big question.
    I would have never voted to go off course (and I'm not just saying that as a matter of hindsight decision-making, either.) The first time I watched the film I was feeling very frustrated that they chose to do so. Way too many risks for too little benefit.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

figsfiggyfigs

It's quite good.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Yeah, I'm guessing that he sneaked onto Icarus II while it was docked with Icarus I and then blew the docking bay so that everyone would be stranded on Icarus I.
    How could he have blown the docking bay? Were there any explosives on board? That's what I don't get.

I have to watch that scene again.

I would have never voted to go off course (and I'm not just saying that as a matter of hindsight decision-making, either.) The first time I watched the film I was feeling very frustrated that they chose to do so. Way too many risks for too little benefit.
    Me too.

It was originally a unanimous decision from Mace's suggestion that the mission go as intendedly planned.

From which point the decision was finalized.

Personally, I would have listened to what Capa suggested, think the situation through and decide that despite the fact that there is one other payload on that stranded ship there is no guarantee that that ship operates as to use the payload. Because, yes, there is too much risk for too little benefit to go outside the intended mission plan. We should deliver the payload we already have and hope it detonates successfully.

The stranded Icarus I about Mercury won't be going anywhere. It would only be a matter of months until we finally reach it. We could easily dock with it after completing the intended mission plan and then decide if we can use the extra payload if the original one had failed. There would be nothing to lose by now.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Been listening to the soundtrack of this.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Aww, I thought this thread was going to be about me.

This movie is emotional and intense beyond belief.
    Well I know what I'm watching now.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so