User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 41

  1. #11
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    Fable 3 is a good idea, I agree. Not very complicated, just mainly hack and slash with a litle side story to keep things interesting. Fallout 3 and New Vegas can be fun games to roam around in blowing stuff up. Grand Theft Auto series are probably right up his sleave as well (Although I personally enjoyed GTA III and Vice city more than the newer ones, but their graphics are a bit outdated now).

    A little bit more complicated, but as it turns out not overly so now that I've finished it, is Skyrim. I'm personally a bit let down with the game as I epected more depth to the main story line, since I personally enjoy story, depth and challenge more. It's a great fantasy world to roam around in though.

    The upcoming diablo game might be for him as well, but it might still take a while for that to get released and I've no idea if it goes to the XBOX.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

  2. #12
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    Why did he waste money on a 360 and why would you buy him 360 games? This generation of gaming is getting awfully close to the end of the road.

    You should get him an Atari 2600 while you're at it.

    EDIT:

    Quote Originally Posted by 21% View Post
    Skip to here for the short version
    So, here's the short version. Could you recommend anything for the Xbox 360 that is:
    - Fantasy
    - Single-player
    - Not too serious/depressing
    - Not too dense (can be played casually without having to remember much info)
    - Not too bloody (at least not realistically bloody, unless it's killing zombies)
    - Sense of exploration, freedom, with a lot of mini quests
    - Preferably not too expensive for me to buy
    Okay now I can be of some help. Saints Row: The Third. Yes, it has zombies in it! And ragdoll physics!

    But the PC version is the superior one.

  3. #13
    You have a choice! 21%'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    2,629

    Default

    Ok, lots of support for Fable

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
    So last night I was stuck hanging out with the boys, we played video games all night so I have more suggestions for you . The new "Spiderman" game is supposed to be SUPER awesome, "Skyrim" is cool, the boys also like the newer "Modern Warfare" alot, and "Assasins Creed" <- I find that game to be boring to watch . They seemed to rave about Spiderman the most.
    Unfortunately he seems to have an aversion towards super hero stories. But Skyrim looks absolutely amazing! The latest one seems a bit pricey though >_<


    Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    Why did he waste money on a 360 and why would you buy him 360 games? This generation of gaming is getting awfully close to the end of the road.

    You should get him an Atari 2600 while you're at it.
    Heh, he got one for pretty cheap, and he wanted Street Figher. To be honest I don't think he would mind getting an Atari 2600 and would probably find it hilarious

    And for some reason Saint Rows: The Third seems like fun in a weird way. Zombies are always good!
    4w5 sp/sx EII

  4. #14

    Default

    Umm...Bioshock is a great game and it's pretty old now (4 years) so you might be able to get it on the cheap.

    It doesn't have much in the way of open-world exploration, but it hits the rest of the points on your list.

  5. #15
    Senior Member Jack427's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/sp
    Posts
    314

    Default

    Mass Effect, Battlefield 3, Modern Warfare 3, Assassin's Creed, F.E.A.R., Splinter Cell Conviction, Fallout New Vegas, Grand Theft Auto 4. I recommend Dead Space, Mass Effect, and Assassin's Creed.

    Oh wait, Dead Space and Assassin's Creed are serious and can be depressing. But I love games that do that to people. However they are AMAZING.

    A fun care free game might be Battlefield Bad Company.

  6. #16
    Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    4,797

    Default

    You could just break his xbox and take him away for a weekend to Rome!
    It will save a lot of hassle in the long run, plus you'll get to see the colosseum.
    Sorry.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

  7. #17
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,338

    Default

    INFP? get him skyrim INFPs love that fantasy stuff. Oh yeah and Rage is also a top quality game I had alot of fun with it, but it's pretty violent and gory at times. Oh yeah and fallout 3 game of year edition is also very good but a bit old now.

  8. #18
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    INFP? get him skyrim INFPs love that fantasy stuff. Oh yeah and Rage is also a top quality game I had alot of fun with it, but it's pretty violent and gory at times. Oh yeah and fallout 3 game of year edition is also very good but a bit old now.
    Skyrim and Fallout are practically identical game mechanics underneath, made by the same team, with similar engines. Are you also going to say watching Terminator isn't for INFPs, but watching Conan is? And did you know that skyrim sold over 3 million copies in the first 2 days it was released? Did all the INFPs in the world suddenly come out of the woodwork just for a video game?

    I hope you're not serious and just trolling.

  9. #19
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Skyrim and Fallout are practically identical game mechanics underneath, made by the same team, with similar engines. Are you also going to say watching Terminator isn't for INFPs, but watching Conan is? And did you know that skyrim sold over 3 million copies in the first 2 days it was released? Did all the INFPs in the world suddenly come out of the woodwork just for a video game?

    I hope you're not serious and just trolling.
    No I'm just saying saying that NFs are usually into fantasy. My logic didn't consist of "Only INFPs are into fantasy and nobody else" get your logic straight.

  10. #20
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    No I'm just saying saying that NFs are usually into fantasy. My logic didn't consist of "Only INFPs are into fantasy and nobody else" get your logic straight.
    lol. Don't blame my logic for something you say. Since when does that work? You admit yourself that you had to clarify.

Similar Threads

  1. Gift ideas for my ISTP?
    By Babybop in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-16-2016, 05:12 PM
  2. Hi, I am new......I have no idea what my type is!
    By NeverGiveUp in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-09-2014, 08:58 PM
  3. New here…Ideas on my MBTI/Enneagram Tri/Type…Variants? :}
    By entpersonal in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-25-2014, 06:17 PM
  4. Need an idea for my site!
    By Fluffywolf in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-16-2010, 12:00 PM
  5. [ISFP] Birthday gift ideas for an ISFP
    By Lauren Ashley in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02-13-2009, 03:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO