• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Zelda Skyward Sword

capslock

MBTI Type
INFP
Are you playing it?
How far are you in the game?
What do you think?

I got it saturday. The controls are a bit difficult for me (not used to the Wii),
so I'm stuck at the first boss. Well I only tried once but the fight took forever
and then I didn't wanna do it all over again. Maybe when I've time again next weekend.:cheese:

Compared to the other Zelda games I've played this seems ok, not great
but maybe that's related to the fact that I totally suck at the controls of this game. Hopefully I'll become better soon enough. I know Twillight Pricess (Gamecube version) grew on me and I eventually really liked that game, so I'll probably come to love this game too as I do OoT, Majora's Mask, Windwaker and Twillight Princess.

A few of questions:
Btw, how do you make "Spoiler"-thingys? The questions are in white as to not offend
anyone who might view them as "spoilers".
Is it possible to dive under water (I wanna get to the underwater cave in Skyloft)
or do I have to wait until this skill is "taught" to me?
Is it possible to skip dialogue, like in OoT you could press "B"?
How the fu-k do you use the bottles for catching things, like in old Zelda games?

Mods, please delete this thread if there's already one about this game. I searched but couldn't find one, but who knows.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I haven't played it yet. It's on my wish list of games to play. Right now I'm too poor to afford it. :(

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I got it saturday. The controls are a bit difficult for me (not used to the Wii),

You have to swing the Wiimote around like a sword right? That would be awkward for me -- because I have zero Se skills :D

capslock

MBTI Type
INFP
I haven't played it yet. It's on my wish list of games to play. Right now I'm too poor to afford it. :(
Well if not sooner, hopefully you'll get it for Xmas!

You have to swing the Wiimote around like a sword right? That would be awkward for me -- because I have zero Se skills :D
I know, right? I honestly thought it would be easier with these controls, especially regarding the sword, but so far it seems I lack the knack.:cheese:

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I know, right? I honestly thought it would be easier with these controls, especially regarding the sword, but so far it seems I lack the knack.:cheese:
It will be a while before I get to play it, though. My boyfriend and I are thinking about waiting for the hype to die down and then get it second-handed from ebay :laugh:

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
It really angers me that Nintendo doesn't have a decent library of games that appeal to me beyond their first-party games.

I.e. I don't have a wii and I really want to play it. <= (