User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

The Hunger Games and Ender's Game. I know Ender's Game isn't scheduled to come out to 2013 though. What took them so long to make it into a movie?
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Django Unchained.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

The Dark Knight Rises

A Dangerous Method

The Hobbit: an Unexpected Journey

And as for one that I may or may not go see, the Hunger Games. It's a shameless Battle Royale ripoff and the book sucked, but it read like it might make a nice transition into film.
    1w9 sx/sp
    A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants.

All that is gold does not glitter
    Not all those who wander are lost

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    The Hunger Games and Ender's Game. I know Ender's Game isn't scheduled to come out to 2013 though. What took them so long to make it into a movie?
    Shit, Ender's Game is finally being made? I didn't know that! It's been in development hell for the longest time. I've been anticipating that movie for so long that I gave up after it wasn't being made. Is Wolfgang Petersen still attached?

Diving into Ni-space Crescent Fresh's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Has anyone seen Hugo? It has garnered lots of attention lately and I wonder if it's that good.

I want to watch A Separation after reading many great critical reviews about it. Unfortunately it hasn't released here.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I saw Hugo 3D in the theater.

Speaking only for myself, it was in that class of movie that I immediately perceived as excellently acted, directed, designed, etc -- I knew I was in the presence of something very special in terms of quality, and if it wins awards, it deserves them -- and yet I have no interest in ever watching it again. For me it was worth seeing once, but that was all.

Another point in its favor is that the 3D elements actually in spots contributed to the presence of the movie, I'm thinking primarily about the workings of the train stations (with all the gears and infrastructure) as well as the panoramic views of Paris.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    Shit, Ender's Game is finally being made? I didn't know that! It's been in development hell for the longest time. I've been anticipating that movie for so long that I gave up after it wasn't being made. Is Wolfgang Petersen still attached?
    Gavin Hood is directing, and a few of the actors from Hugo (Kingsley + the boy) are in it.

Maybe I should finally read the book now.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Epiphany

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    The Devil Inside
    I was going to see that in theaters, but I heard it was shit so I didn't bother.

I plan on seeing The Grey next week. Hopefully, it will be worth the money.

Diving into Ni-space Crescent Fresh's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I saw Hugo 3D in the theater.

Speaking only for myself, it was in that class of movie that I immediately perceived as excellently acted, directed, designed, etc -- I knew I was in the presence of something very special in terms of quality, and if it wins awards, it deserves them -- and yet I have no interest in ever watching it again. For me it was worth seeing once, but that was all.

Another point in its favor is that the 3D elements actually in spots contributed to the presence of the movie, I'm thinking primarily about the workings of the train stations (with all the gears and infrastructure) as well as the panoramic views of Paris.

Thanks for sharing! I've been tossing between this and The Descendent, and I'll give Hugo a try this coming weekend.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Moniker View Post
    I was going to see that in theaters, but I heard it was shit so I didn't bother.
    Yeah, I didn't bother either, cuz it did SOOOO bad; it's now on my Redbox list instead. It would be nice to see a great exorcism movie sometime; the ones that have come out over the last few years seem to be strong enough to get into the competition but then wander off-course and never really seal the deal.

I plan on seeing The Grey next week. Hopefully, it will be worth the money.
    I love Neeson but am unsure about this one. I don't think it will be bad; I just don't know if it's worth a full ticket.

I think I'm bumping The Cabin in the Woods into Devil Inside's slot. It's got Joss Whedon involved and the writer of Cloverfield, and looks like a horrific but sardonic spin on the typical hacker/slash "teenager slaughterfest" movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Crescent Fresh View Post
    Thanks for sharing! I've been tossing between this and The Descendent, and I'll give Hugo a try this coming weekend.
    The Descendent is definitely another one I'd like to see!

Ides of March just came out on RedBox from last year, I need to see that; I wanted to see it in the theater but never got to.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP

Is Harmony Korine making anything? I'll be excited if he's making something.

I think he should finish "Fight Harm".
    (from Wikipedia)
    Korine originally intended to follow up Gummo with a short-lived project known as Fight Harm, filmed by illusionist David Blaine. It comprised footage of Korine engaging random people in actual street fights. In these he followed rules of always provoking the fight and continuing until threat of death. Korine, who often said he would die for the cinema, hoped to make a cross between a Buster Keaton vehicle and a snuff film, but after only six fights, he was hospitalized and forced to abandon the project.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    I'm starting to see you and your avatar as a cloud of odor that eminates from trashy threads.