User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 92

  1. #61
    Senior Member Passacaglia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    647

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    Yeah, I've been meaning to get into the .Hack// series! But I'm not even sure how each series are connected to each other and what to watch first. It's interesting you say "character-oriented fans" though because I totally just realized that's the first and most important thing I care about whenever I start a show. I almost forgot that sometimes people can be drawn in by the artwork/action scenes.
    Haha, I know what you mean. My best friend is a pro actor, and there are some movies/series we can watch together...but many that one of us will rave about, and the other will just go .

    Anyhow, wish I could help you navigate the .Hack// series, but I've only seen Quantum. I think it's either the first one, or they're all stand-alone series.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    From what you seem to like though, I think a series with a good combination of our tastes you might like is Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. I think all of the characters are amazing and well-written, and there's plenty of action too. It's in my top 3.
    I really want to love Gurren Lagann, but there's something holding me back. I think it's a combination of the artwork and the way that the mechs seem to respond to Simon and Kamina in a very non-mechanical way. If the mechs were instead 'magical golems,' I don't think the latter would bother me, but I'm a student in a technical field and all I can think is "That's not how it works!" Granted, I've only seen two episodes, and both the setting and the characters do seem promising.

  2. #62
    Senior Member Passacaglia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    647

    Default

    In other news, I just finished the first season of Ghost in the Shell: Arise, and was pleasantly surprised. I had seen some of a different GitS series years ago, and don't remember being impressed. I think it helps that each Arise episode is almost an hour long, whereas the other series was in the usual short 20 minute bits.

    My memory of the movie is very sketchy, so I can't say whether Arise is an advancement of the movie's timeline or if it's a story revamp. Either way, it's currently on Netflix, and it's highly recommended!

  3. #63
    Member Senkrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    FiTe
    Enneagram
    YwX sx/sp
    Posts
    66

    Default

    The breast physics. They bounce all over the place for no other reason than fan-service.
    I'm a green bean killing machine.

  4. #64
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    I find it funny that this made your list, because from what I've seen it's known as one of the worst modern anime to be released so far. I watched it and I actually thought that the first 14 episodes were excellent, but after that I understood where all the criticism was coming from. Asuna's personality did a 180 for no real reason or development other than that she and Kirito fell in love, all the past characters that were built up in the first half of the series got put aside until the last episode (Klein especially), and all of the female characters that were good characters in their own right just kind of had one-episode arcs to crush on Kirito and one-up his character. Not to mention that Asuna was kind of reduced to the fodder love interest for the MC over time (Hinata from Naruto has this problem too) while also providing fanservice to people with tentacle/rape fetishes. Basically every character other than Kirito was reduced to a plot device. Except his cousin, who ended up just being annoying as hell since Kirito's love for Asuna was already established and she had grown up with Kirito as her BROTHER.

    Not to say that it can't be your favorite btw haha. I've liked anime that were nothing spectacular - I'm just surprised this one matched your expectations. Cowboy Bebop and Death Note are really good choices.
    The premise for Sword Art Onlines first virtual world, with real death consequences to dying ingame with an interesting antagonist to boot, made the first light novel and part of the anime one of my favorites. But after Aincrad, it goes downhill very fast. And it doesn't get better.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

  5. #65
    Emperor/Dictator kyuuei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    13,878

    Default

    How it seems like all of the 'good' ones are so god damn long, or so short it's painful.

    But mostly.. Just.. How awkward it is to introduce to people that haven't ever seen anime before. There are aspects of almost any anime, even really great ones, that just make you sweat with anxiety like, 'are they going to judge me for these stupid few parts? its a really good story, I swear...'

    And sometimes the incredibly awful endings. Fruits Basket was like seriously the worst ending ever.. what a waste of a show. You get all invested into something, watch it, and the ending is just the worst.. and not just a bad ending, sometimes it doesn't even reflect what would make sense.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

    Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

    In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge
    Likes Chanaynay, Passacaglia liked this post

  6. #66
    untitled Chanaynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    And sometimes the incredibly awful endings. Fruits Basket was like seriously the worst ending ever.. what a waste of a show. You get all invested into something, watch it, and the ending is just the worst.. and not just a bad ending, sometimes it doesn't even reflect what would make sense.
    *psst* the manga is WAY better.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    The premise for Sword Art Onlines first virtual world, with real death consequences to dying ingame with an interesting antagonist to boot, made the first light novel and part of the anime one of my favorites. But after Aincrad, it goes downhill very fast. And it doesn't get better.
    Yeah, that's what I'm saying. The first 14 episodes were great (minus the part about characters like Silica and Lisbeth getting one episode for filler and not expanding upon their characters) but I feel like if they ended the show after the Aincrad arc it would have stayed spectacular. Instead it went downhill. I am happy with how they ended the second half of the show though, since Kirito and Asuna were reunited and all the other characters from Aincrad got their closure. Enduring that entire half though was really hard. :/
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so


  7. #67
    Emperor/Dictator kyuuei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    13,878

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    *psst* the manga is WAY better.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

    Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

    In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

  8. #68
    untitled Chanaynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so


  9. #69
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,536

    Default

    Anime and Disney are a marriage made in heaven. I saw their wedded bliss in Big Hero 6.

    Click on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3bi...Q&spfreload=10

  10. #70
    Senior Member lowtech redneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    I find it funny that this made your list, because from what I've seen it's known as one of the worst modern anime to be released so far.
    I wouldn't go that far, but I did get bored after the second season-I much prefer Log Horizon, a show with a similar premise (for those who don't already know); for me its been kind of the inverse of SAO, starting slowly but getting better as time goes on.

Similar Threads

  1. What do you hate about yourself?
    By Vilku in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 132
    Last Post: 10-04-2017, 04:33 PM
  2. Replies: 398
    Last Post: 11-11-2015, 03:30 AM
  3. [MBTItm] What do you Love and What do you Hate About NTs?
    By Tigerlily in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 09-20-2014, 06:11 PM
  4. What do you hate about the POSTER above you?
    By The Ü™ in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-14-2013, 09:42 AM
  5. [NT] What do you hate about non-rationals?
    By therationaledge in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 08-10-2009, 12:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO