User Tag List

First 34567 Last

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
    Oh hell yeah, the titans are scary, and the show's basic premise is very compelling! The downer for me was the slow pace and all the shoutiness; I made it through the first season, barely, and my final thought was...

I like the emotion behind it from one episode thus far. I kind of like the slower pace. Another couple of anime's I remember are Berserker...and ummm..well that's all right now.
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

@GarrotTheThief This lady was coerced by her brother into watching AKIRA. It was one of my first forays into anime, and I had no idea what it was about. Pure nightmare fuel, that's what. Although I will admit, I later read the entire manga series. It was morbidly fascinating. Kind of like a car accident; you just can't look away.

My brother and I still yell "AKIRAAAA!!" and "KANEDAAAA!!" at each other every now and then.

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    @GarrotTheThief This lady was coerced by her brother into watching AKIRA. It was one of my first forays into anime, and I had no idea what it was about. Pure nightmare fuel, that's what. Although I will admit, I later read the entire manga series. It was morbidly fascinating. Kind of like a car accident; you just can't look away.

My brother and I still yell "AKIRAAAA!!" and "KANEDAAAA!!" at each other every now and then.
    WOE! Are you serious? My brother and I do the same thing....out of no where...it's like one of our things..

Interesting......
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

I can forgive a lot, because if I'm watching anime, I am in the mood for ridiculousness. I agree that excessive fanservice and objectification is over a line that can ruin a show for me, though.

Quote Originally Posted by GarrotTheThief View Post
    Wait a minute did you just say Akira? I Thought I was the only person who's seen that. Tell me, are you a female who's seen Akira? you're lying.....are you lying? I know you're not lying cause you're honest, but gosh darn, that's awesome...where do the ladies who watch Akira hang out during the day?

And I'm another one who has read it. It's been a few years since I did, so I don't have any particular analysis of it today, but I've kept the books.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Nixie View Post
    I can forgive a lot, because if I'm watching anime, I am in the mood for ridiculousness. I agree that excessive fanservice and objectification is over a line that can ruin a show for me, though.

And I'm another one who has read it.
    Waaaaaaaaaaaaah? (anime face of confusion like seeing a supersayin' for the first time where the mouth hangs open nearly all the way)

Are you serious?
    TypoC just became the greatest place ever.
    it was open
    -the end"

Likes Video liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by GarrotTheThief View Post
    That was the most random assortment of emoticons I have ever seen.

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

That was the most random assortment of emoticons I have ever seen.
    The process of a potential "emoticon with hearts floating out of it's face" is a seemingly random with littered jollifications as well as serious sentiments expressed best by pop-cultural figures and symbols that embody astute scientific knowledge, embedded philosophies of existentialism and machines, witty political satire, and a penchant for solving mysteries.
    it was open
    -the end"

MBTI
    ISTx

Nearly everything.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

@<a href="http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/members/23213.html" target="_blank">GarrotTheThief</a> This lady was coerced by her brother into watching AKIRA. It was one of my first forays into anime, and I had no idea what it was about. Pure nightmare fuel, that's what. Although I will admit, I later read the entire manga series. It was morbidly fascinating. Kind of like a car accident; you just can't look away.

I've never seen it but I thought it was Tetsuo?

I'm the worst kind of anime watcher in that I've only watched very popular ones and actually I dislike a lot of the repetitive tropes.
    Some of them appear to be nothing but recycled tropes. I think the problem was I watched ones that were based on Shonen mangas and while they sometimes did have interesting themes, my overall view was style over substance, which can be fun from time to time just not all the time.

But of course that's a narrow perspective from only watching certain kinds.

I do like the Studio Ghibli films I've seen, though.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    I've never seen it but I thought it was Tetsuo?
    Doy. Tetsuo. You're right. Akira was the creepy little boy. I haven't seen it in probably fifteen years.