User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Just because this seems to be more of a discussion/criticisms thread than an outright hate thread (which I love) one thing I love about anime is that THE SOUNDTRACKS WENT IN

7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

the style of animation... ESPECIALLY THE EYES... dear god, I hate anime eyes and the way that they just stare at me like those of a cold, dead deer beside the highway

can't get into it or even look at the books for more than a few seconds because the eyes are staring at me
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett
    Likes Punderstorm liked this post

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

there are some good stories embedded in anime, good tales, for reflecting on.

that being said I can't stand Dragon Ball Z because I can't tell what the hell is going on due to the insane amount of camera cuts, angles, and seizure like displace of rotating images.
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Oh, yeah. I get a huge kick out of watching the sub of a dub. I think it was most enlightening when I learned, on amatuer subs, that the the most foul insults translated into English was just saying 'you' to somebody in Japanese in an over familiar way.
    That's amazing! I'm imagining a sub that reads "How dare you call me 'u'?! I am your superior, and you will address me as 'you'!"
    Likes Qlip liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    Did you ever see Moribito? That series had great animation, a cool story and setting, and a pretty kickass female protagonist.
    I usually go for darker series, but yeah, Moribito was awesome before 300 made spears cool!

Likes BadOctopus liked this post

I'm not sure how to describe it exactly. Fan-service?

While Avatar:TLA and Avatar:TLK are western cartoons, one can get to what I am talking about pretty quickly (if anyone asks, I did finish the TLK.)

There are a few that I loved watching for enjoyment that has stuck into my mind.

Natsume Yuujinchou

Seirei no Moribito

Kemono no Souja Erin <-------- great for most ages, there are some graphical pieces that are stylized where some parents might find objectionable. There are SOME recap episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by GarrotTheThief View Post
    there are some good stories embedded in anime, good tales, for reflecting on.

that being said I can't stand Dragon Ball Z because I can't tell what the hell is going on due to the insane amount of camera cuts, angles, and seizure like displace of rotating images.
    The weird thing about the English version of the Dragonball series is that the American version tries very hard to make the series all hardcore and serious. I grew up watching Dragonball (Original/Z/GT) in other languages and the two that I've watched them in were pretty comedic compared to the English version.

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    I'm not sure how to describe it exactly. Fan-service?

While Avatar:TLA and Avatar:TLK are western cartoons, one can get to what I am talking about pretty quickly (if anyone asks, I did finish the TLK.)

There are a few that I loved watching for enjoyment that has stuck into my mind.

Natsume Yuujinchou

Seirei no Moribito

Kemono no Souja Erin <-------- great for most ages, there are some graphical pieces that are stylized where some parents might find objectionable. There are SOME recap episodes.

The weird thing about the English version of the Dragonball series is that the American version tries very hard to make the series all hardcore and serious. I grew up watching Dragonball (Original/Z/GT) in other languages and the two that I've watched them in were pretty comedic compared to the English version.
    I like the one with the Titans on adult cartoon network. That was is pretty awesome...only seen one though, where the small dude becomes a titan.
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by GarrotTheThief View Post
    I like the one with the Titans on adult cartoon network. That was is pretty awesome...only seen one though, where the small dude becomes a titan.
    Do you mean Attack on Titan? That show is messed UP. For some reason I'm okay with monsters or dinosaurs or aliens eating people, but... creepily disproportionate humanoids eating people? I haven't been that freaked out by an anime since AKIRA.

Oh hell yeah, the titans are scary, and the show's basic premise is very compelling! The downer for me was the slow pace and all the shoutiness; I made it through the first season, barely, and my final thought was...

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    Do you mean Attack on Titan? That show is messed UP. For some reason I'm okay with monsters or dinosaurs or aliens eating people, but... creepily disproportionate humanoids eating people? I haven't been that freaked out by an anime since AKIRA.
    Wait a minute did you just say Akira? I Thought I was the only person who's seen that. Tell me, are you a female who's seen Akira? you're lying.....are you lying? I know you're not lying cause you're honest, but gosh darn, that's awesome...where do the ladies who watch Akira hang out during the day?

Oh...and the Titans are pretty interesting to me. I just read a book called Iron John and it mentioned Titans were the primal child like urges we had as children, hence that is what the Titans symbolized in Greek mythology, hence I laughed when I saw the Titans stumbling around the planet...they are actually kind of funny looking to me.
    it was open
    -the end"