User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 92

  1. #31
    untitled Chanaynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,151

    Default

    Just because this seems to be more of a discussion/criticisms thread than an outright hate thread (which I love) one thing I love about anime is that THE SOUNDTRACKS WENT IN

    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so


  2. #32
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,121

    Default

    the style of animation... ESPECIALLY THE EYES... dear god, I hate anime eyes and the way that they just stare at me like those of a cold, dead deer beside the highway

    can't get into it or even look at the books for more than a few seconds because the eyes are staring at me
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett
    Likes Punderstorm liked this post

  3. #33
    The Green Jolly Robin H.
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    1,683

    Default

    there are some good stories embedded in anime, good tales, for reflecting on.

    that being said I can't stand Dragon Ball Z because I can't tell what the hell is going on due to the insane amount of camera cuts, angles, and seizure like displace of rotating images.
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"




    Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

    Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

  4. #34
    Senior Member Passacaglia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    647

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Oh, yeah. I get a huge kick out of watching the sub of a dub. I think it was most enlightening when I learned, on amatuer subs, that the the most foul insults translated into English was just saying 'you' to somebody in Japanese in an over familiar way.
    That's amazing! I'm imagining a sub that reads "How dare you call me 'u'?! I am your superior, and you will address me as 'you'!"
    Likes Qlip liked this post

  5. #35
    Senior Member Passacaglia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    647

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    Did you ever see Moribito? That series had great animation, a cool story and setting, and a pretty kickass female protagonist.
    I usually go for darker series, but yeah, Moribito was awesome before 300 made spears cool!

    Likes BadOctopus liked this post

  6. #36
    Freaking Ratchet Rail Tracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,041

    Default

    I'm not sure how to describe it exactly. Fan-service?

    While Avatar:TLA and Avatar:TLK are western cartoons, one can get to what I am talking about pretty quickly (if anyone asks, I did finish the TLK.)

    There are a few that I loved watching for enjoyment that has stuck into my mind.

    Natsume Yuujinchou

    Seirei no Moribito

    Kemono no Souja Erin <-------- great for most ages, there are some graphical pieces that are stylized where some parents might find objectionable. There are SOME recap episodes.

    Quote Originally Posted by GarrotTheThief View Post
    there are some good stories embedded in anime, good tales, for reflecting on.

    that being said I can't stand Dragon Ball Z because I can't tell what the hell is going on due to the insane amount of camera cuts, angles, and seizure like displace of rotating images.
    The weird thing about the English version of the Dragonball series is that the American version tries very hard to make the series all hardcore and serious. I grew up watching Dragonball (Original/Z/GT) in other languages and the two that I've watched them in were pretty comedic compared to the English version.

  7. #37
    The Green Jolly Robin H.
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    1,683

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    I'm not sure how to describe it exactly. Fan-service?

    While Avatar:TLA and Avatar:TLK are western cartoons, one can get to what I am talking about pretty quickly (if anyone asks, I did finish the TLK.)

    There are a few that I loved watching for enjoyment that has stuck into my mind.

    Natsume Yuujinchou

    Seirei no Moribito

    Kemono no Souja Erin <-------- great for most ages, there are some graphical pieces that are stylized where some parents might find objectionable. There are SOME recap episodes.



    The weird thing about the English version of the Dragonball series is that the American version tries very hard to make the series all hardcore and serious. I grew up watching Dragonball (Original/Z/GT) in other languages and the two that I've watched them in were pretty comedic compared to the English version.
    I like the one with the Titans on adult cartoon network. That was is pretty awesome...only seen one though, where the small dude becomes a titan.
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"




    Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

    Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

  8. #38
    Suave y Fuerte BadOctopus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GarrotTheThief View Post
    I like the one with the Titans on adult cartoon network. That was is pretty awesome...only seen one though, where the small dude becomes a titan.
    Do you mean Attack on Titan? That show is messed UP. For some reason I'm okay with monsters or dinosaurs or aliens eating people, but... creepily disproportionate humanoids eating people? I haven't been that freaked out by an anime since AKIRA.

  9. #39
    Senior Member Passacaglia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    647

    Default

    Oh hell yeah, the titans are scary, and the show's basic premise is very compelling! The downer for me was the slow pace and all the shoutiness; I made it through the first season, barely, and my final thought was...


  10. #40
    The Green Jolly Robin H.
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    1,683

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    Do you mean Attack on Titan? That show is messed UP. For some reason I'm okay with monsters or dinosaurs or aliens eating people, but... creepily disproportionate humanoids eating people? I haven't been that freaked out by an anime since AKIRA.
    Wait a minute did you just say Akira? I Thought I was the only person who's seen that. Tell me, are you a female who's seen Akira? you're lying.....are you lying? I know you're not lying cause you're honest, but gosh darn, that's awesome...where do the ladies who watch Akira hang out during the day?

    Oh...and the Titans are pretty interesting to me. I just read a book called Iron John and it mentioned Titans were the primal child like urges we had as children, hence that is what the Titans symbolized in Greek mythology, hence I laughed when I saw the Titans stumbling around the planet...they are actually kind of funny looking to me.
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"




    Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

    Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

Similar Threads

  1. What do you hate about yourself?
    By Vilku in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 132
    Last Post: 10-04-2017, 04:33 PM
  2. Replies: 398
    Last Post: 11-11-2015, 03:30 AM
  3. [MBTItm] What do you Love and What do you Hate About NTs?
    By Tigerlily in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 09-20-2014, 06:11 PM
  4. What do you hate about the POSTER above you?
    By The Ü™ in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-14-2013, 09:42 AM
  5. [NT] What do you hate about non-rationals?
    By therationaledge in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 08-10-2009, 12:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO