• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What do you hate about Anime?

Passacaglia

Japan has weird censorship and tentacles are a loophole.
*googles 'Japanese censorship'*

...Oh, censorship, what a colossal load of horseshit! And apparently the U.S. occupation after WWII played a part in the censorship.

Why am I not surprised? :doh:

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
*googles 'Japanese censorship'*

...Oh, censorship, what a colossal load of horseshit! And apparently the U.S. occupation after WWII played a part in the censorship.

Why am I not surprised? :doh:

Yeah it's pretty ironic considering that Japan is kind of known for its kinky stuff. This law is quite regularly flouted even while being technically obeyed, for example a thin black bar which obscures only a small fraction of a huge penis is often passable because it's some form of censorship even though it is practically useless.

lkjhgfdsa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
EXXX
I hate how the useless weaklings are always prominent in the show like Rukia, Orihime, Nami, Lucy Heartfilia, Sakura Haruno, Bulma, etc. They just get in the way of the show like Disney Princesses (Disney is crap anyway) and it's funny how they try but they just fail always having to get their dumbasses saved.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
- Bad English-language writing (dubbing/subtitles)
- Horrendous English-language voice acting
- Really tacky and over-the-top humor in most of the comedies (which is why I like the dramas a lot more)
- SEXIST AS F*CK
- No plot until the last one or two episodes of a series
- Comedy until the last one or two episodes, when it becomes a tragedy and everyone dies horrifically all at once (this goes for Japanese games, too -- see Hatoful Boyfriend)

Harizu

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
- fanservice. Of every type. It just bothers me. It's useless and has no point in the plot.
- too-long flashbacks. It's ok if they're there to explain something that is needed to understand better a certain situation/character, but sometimes they're just not needed. And boring.
- too long-lasting actions. Which happens expecially in sports anime, with balls flying in the air literally for three whole episodes and matches lasting for too many episodes.
- anime who go on for too long. At a certain point they become just too boring and repetitive.
- anime adaptations that are too rushed.
- the biggest part of the damned fandoms. They are just so obsessed and take it so seriously. Really, wtf? Yes, I enjoy it and everything, but it's not like I get mad on shipping or am gonna hate someone if they don't like my favorite character! It's just fiction, it's nothing important, chill down.

I'd say incongruences as well, but they're everywhere (even in books, films, tv series...), and they just happen in fiction, therefore I can't really complain.

Cygnus

I hate cosplayers. They ruin the characters by associating them with flawed live-action humans instead of the animated perfections they are.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I hate how the useless weaklings are always prominent in the show like Rukia, Orihime, Nami, Lucy Heartfilia, Sakura Haruno, Bulma, etc. They just get in the way of the show like Disney Princesses (Disney is crap anyway) and it's funny how they try but they just fail always having to get their dumbasses saved.

Friendly reminder that Naruto would be dead if it weren't for Sakura.

tumblr_n0iwwovUZ11qksaozo1_500.jpg

tumblr_n0iwwovUZ11qksaozo2_500.jpg

tumblr_n0iwwovUZ11qksaozo3_500.jpg

tumblr_n0iwwovUZ11qksaozo4_500.jpg

And managed to create a diversion and punch the character closest to God in the face.

tumblr_n5ksye3lsd1rsq581o1_500.jpg

Just saying...the real damsel in distress of Naruto was Hinata Hyuga.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram

Disney princesses are not garbage.. there are more stories to tell than physical strength and prowess in the world. And people who are 'weak' to you may be strong in other aspects. The moral of the story in DISNEY'S version of Beauty and the Beast, for example, is that you can have inner courage during distressing times, and realize that there are two sides to every story, and more importantly that people can be beautiful inside even if they look uncomfortable to you on the outside. They aren't crap just because they aren't beating up giant robots and shooting lasers out of their eyes.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
- too long-lasting actions. Which happens expecially in sports anime, with balls flying in the air literally for three whole episodes and matches lasting for too many episodes.
- anime who go on for too long. At a certain point they become just too boring and repetitive.

Manga can be worse.

Akagi has been playing vs. Washizu since 1997. And it isn't finished. And new releases are still coming out.

Akagi has been having a mahjong duel with THE SAME GUY FOR OVER 160 CHAPTERS