Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Default "Grand Theft Auto V"

Well, the trailer is out. And I must say that while the prerendered footage is impressive to look at, Grand Theft Auto V looks like it will still be geared to the realism of Grand Theft Auto IV, up to and including realistic driving physics that suck all the fun out of it. What's funny is how several people believed the trailer footage was from the actual game. I think they'll be in for a disappointment.

But at least it's implied that Tommy Vercetti will be returning! (I don't know if that was Ray Liotta's voice, though.)

But it won't be as fun as Vice City and San Andreas.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    But it won't be as fun as Vice City and San Andreas.
    The driving physics were way off in the those games, and it was awesome.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

I have never failed to be impressed with the GTA series since GTA3. Lets hope they don't have some super hard game killing tasks like in GTA San Andres. Until then looking forward to Saints Row 3 to keep my sandbox gaming alive.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    The driving physics were way off in the those games, and it was awesome.
    Hahaha....yeah. The first time I played GTA IV I was kind of frustrated and disappointed with how real the driving seemed. That's not why I play GTA dammit!

Vice City and San Andreas are gold and always will be, but I still enjoy the GTA series more than most games.

I'd like to see one set in Europe or South America or something!

Quote Originally Posted by allegorystory View Post
    Hahaha....yeah. The first time I played GTA IV I was kind of frustrated and disappointed with how real the driving seemed. That's not why I play GTA dammit!

Vice City and San Andreas are gold and always will be, but I still enjoy the GTA series more than most games.

I'd like to see one set in Europe or South America or something!
    Yeah but do those locations have the sorts of things which make playing those games fun? They would be really different, I've thought about some of the hyper realism in games, it started with the realism surrounding some of the blow back effects of big weapons like rocket launchers (which people quickly created patches or cheats to avoid) and its a catch 22, sometimes it cool because essentially you're living out a fantasy which you cant in real life but always with the "wouldnt it be cool?" factor on the other hand too much like real life and it wouldnt be fun, it'd just be real life. Its one of the reasons I dont know why people enjoy The Sims or couldnt understand the appeals of games like Sim City.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I think GTA is evolving in the wrong ways as far as sandbox games. I agree that the lack of realism and flawed graphics are what made Vice City and San Andreas so much fun. But then GTA IV was more comparable to The Getaway.

Saints Row was the GTA rip-off that would hold me over until GTA IV, but after I was disappointed by the general tedium of the latter, Saints Row 2 ended up being my most anticipated sandbox game of that year. To be honest, Saints Row 2 was what GTA IV should've been. It was possibly the funnest game I ever played, and Saints Row: The Third looks even more fun. (It got a 9.5 out of 10 in the Xbox magazine.)

MBTI
    INTJ

I miss GTA 2
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

Permabanned

I thought GTA 4 was in the right step. GTA 5 looks great back to picking up hookers it seems.

MBTI
    ISTx

How is/was L.A. Noire? I'm more interested in that game.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Haven't played it.