• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

World Series

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
LOL @ ESPN and the Rangers

2yo1ze0.png

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Game 7 tonight

For those who don't understand, the Cardinals tied the game in the bottom of the 10th and won it in the 11th (walk-off home run by David Freese). ESPN jumped the gun and the Rangers choked, twice being 1 strike away from winning the World Series.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
^ Agreed. This is the first time in the history of my life's I've actually cared about baseball.. so if the Rangers choke.. no pressure rangers.. I'm pretty sure I'll go back to not caring. :laugh:

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
The last thing I want to see is Texans (specifically Longhorns and Cowboys fans) with something else to brag about. I hope neither team in that state ever wins a World Series.

Don't blow this game tonight, Carpenter!

MBTI Type
INTJ
I can separate teams in the same city, I don't usually connect them in my mind. I was pulling hard for the Mavericks last spring even though the Cowboys can die in a fire. I'm not really rooting for the Texans so much as I'm rooting against the Cardinals.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
I can separate teams in the same city, I don't usually connect them in my mind. I was pulling hard for the Mavericks last spring even though the Cowboys can die in a fire. I'm not really rooting for the Texans so much as I'm rooting against the Cardinals.
Well, Boston fans are the most obnoxious, followed closely by Texas fans. I always root against those two fanbases, no matter what.

Phillies fan? Brewers fan? Reds fan? Cubs fan? That's where the Cardinals have been getting the most hate lately (well, Cubs fans always hate the Cardinals).

Phillies fans are kinda funny. That's the losingest franchise in MLB history. They have a couple good seasons and their fans start to think they're entitled to a World Series championship.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Phillies fans are kinda funny. That's the losingest franchise in MLB history. They have a couple good seasons and their fans start to think they're entitled to a World Series championship.

It's not entitlement. Believe me, the last thing the crepe-hanging Philly fan psyche feels is entitlement. It's profound disappointment. For one of the only times in 128 years of baseball, they finally felt like it was okay to be optimistic and then got punched in the gut. It's like being a boxer and losing fights to bigger stronger guys your whole career, and then finally getting bulked up and getting KO'd by a beanpole.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Well, Boston fans are the most obnoxious, followed closely by Texas fans. I always root against those two fanbases, no matter what.

Phillies fan? Brewers fan? Reds fan? Cubs fan? That's where the Cardinals have been getting the most hate lately (well, Cubs fans always hate the Cardinals).

The Phillies have the most losses in MLB history, but they don't have the worst overall winning percentage. The problem now is that the Phillies have underachieved in the playoffs the last few seasons. The vast majority of Phillies teams in the past earned those losing records, because they sucked mightily. It's more frustrating to have a perennial contender that never pulls it out, like the Eagles from 2001-05, or the Flyers for the past 35 years (second-best winning percentage since 1967 expansion, two Cups in the mid-'70s to show for it). The Phils' offense from 2007-09 just raked. Now that they have an all-time starting rotation, the bats go silent for long stretches. Very frustrating. Cardinals fans are loyal, but they have that "let's just pull for the hometown boys" mentality that Philadelphians cannot comprehend. It's so much easier to hate your own underperforming players than other teams' guys, unless they are particularly unlikable for some reason. We hate fans more than rival players.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sorry I missed an all-time classic game last night, but I had to sleep for work, dammit.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
It's not entitlement. Believe me, the last thing the crepe-hanging Philly fan psyche feels is entitlement. It's profound disappointment. For one of the only times in 128 years of baseball, they finally felt like it was okay to be optimistic and then got punched in the gut. It's like being a boxer and losing fights to bigger stronger guys your whole career, and then finally getting bulked up and getting KO'd by a beanpole.
I wouldn't call the Cardinals a beanpole. This team only won 90 games (compared to 102 for the Phillies), but they blew 26 saves and lost 11 games where they were leading in the 9th inning. With a decent bullpen in just the first half of the season, this is close to a 100 win team. After they traded Rasmus for Jackson, Dotel, and Scrabble, they were a different team.

And I don't care what kind of player Rasmus turns into, trading him away was worth it to win a World Series.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
The last thing I want to see is Texans (specifically Longhorns and Cowboys fans) with something else to brag about. I hope neither team in that state ever wins a World Series.

Don't blow this game tonight, Carpenter!
Well, that game was sort of anti-climactic. I expected the Rangers to put up more of a fight in game 7.