12 Last

Thread: World Series

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Default World Series

LOL @ ESPN and the Rangers

"We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Is it over yet?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Game 7 tonight

For those who don't understand, the Cardinals tied the game in the bottom of the 10th and won it in the 11th (walk-off home run by David Freese). ESPN jumped the gun and the Rangers choked, twice being 1 strike away from winning the World Series.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

UGH. Great game, but the result irritated me. Hopefully the Rangers can recover.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

^ Agreed. This is the first time in the history of my life's I've actually cared about baseball.. so if the Rangers choke.. no pressure rangers.. I'm pretty sure I'll go back to not caring.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

The last thing I want to see is Texans (specifically Longhorns and Cowboys fans) with something else to brag about. I hope neither team in that state ever wins a World Series.

Don't blow this game tonight, Carpenter!

I can separate teams in the same city, I don't usually connect them in my mind. I was pulling hard for the Mavericks last spring even though the Cowboys can die in a fire. I'm not really rooting for the Texans so much as I'm rooting against the Cardinals.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    I can separate teams in the same city, I don't usually connect them in my mind. I was pulling hard for the Mavericks last spring even though the Cowboys can die in a fire. I'm not really rooting for the Texans so much as I'm rooting against the Cardinals.
    Well, Boston fans are the most obnoxious, followed closely by Texas fans. I always root against those two fanbases, no matter what.

Phillies fan? Brewers fan? Reds fan? Cubs fan? That's where the Cardinals have been getting the most hate lately (well, Cubs fans always hate the Cardinals).

Phillies fans are kinda funny. That's the losingest franchise in MLB history. They have a couple good seasons and their fans start to think they're entitled to a World Series championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Phillies fans are kinda funny. That's the losingest franchise in MLB history. They have a couple good seasons and their fans start to think they're entitled to a World Series championship.
    It's not entitlement. Believe me, the last thing the crepe-hanging Philly fan psyche feels is entitlement. It's profound disappointment. For one of the only times in 128 years of baseball, they finally felt like it was okay to be optimistic and then got punched in the gut. It's like being a boxer and losing fights to bigger stronger guys your whole career, and then finally getting bulked up and getting KO'd by a beanpole.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Well, Boston fans are the most obnoxious, followed closely by Texas fans. I always root against those two fanbases, no matter what.

Phillies fan? Brewers fan? Reds fan? Cubs fan? That's where the Cardinals have been getting the most hate lately (well, Cubs fans always hate the Cardinals).

The Phillies have the most losses in MLB history, but they don't have the worst overall winning percentage. The problem now is that the Phillies have underachieved in the playoffs the last few seasons. The vast majority of Phillies teams in the past earned those losing records, because they sucked mightily. It's more frustrating to have a perennial contender that never pulls it out, like the Eagles from 2001-05, or the Flyers for the past 35 years (second-best winning percentage since 1967 expansion, two Cups in the mid-'70s to show for it). The Phils' offense from 2007-09 just raked. Now that they have an all-time starting rotation, the bats go silent for long stretches. Very frustrating. Cardinals fans are loyal, but they have that "let's just pull for the hometown boys" mentality that Philadelphians cannot comprehend. It's so much easier to hate your own underperforming players than other teams' guys, unless they are particularly unlikable for some reason. We hate fans more than rival players.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"