Thread: World Series

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Sorry I missed an all-time classic game last night, but I had to sleep for work, dammit.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    It's not entitlement. Believe me, the last thing the crepe-hanging Philly fan psyche feels is entitlement. It's profound disappointment. For one of the only times in 128 years of baseball, they finally felt like it was okay to be optimistic and then got punched in the gut. It's like being a boxer and losing fights to bigger stronger guys your whole career, and then finally getting bulked up and getting KO'd by a beanpole.
    I wouldn't call the Cardinals a beanpole. This team only won 90 games (compared to 102 for the Phillies), but they blew 26 saves and lost 11 games where they were leading in the 9th inning. With a decent bullpen in just the first half of the season, this is close to a 100 win team. After they traded Rasmus for Jackson, Dotel, and Scrabble, they were a different team.

And I don't care what kind of player Rasmus turns into, trading him away was worth it to win a World Series.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    The last thing I want to see is Texans (specifically Longhorns and Cowboys fans) with something else to brag about. I hope neither team in that state ever wins a World Series.

Don't blow this game tonight, Carpenter!
    Well, that game was sort of anti-climactic. I expected the Rangers to put up more of a fight in game 7.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."