• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Battlefield 3

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
This deserves its own thread.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvmN_qpeFLU"]Battlefield 3 - Online Multiplayer.[/YOUTUBE]

Just spectacular; simply the best multiplayer experience I've ever seen in FPS's. Battlefield 3 has officially beaten Call of Duty! Exactly as I've predicted. Who is going to be playing MW3 now?

My copy arrives in 2 days; just going to stay busy until it comes. Just so excited. :SaiyanSmilie_anim:

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Unfortunately; I buy this game for the PS3, which won't be half as good in terms of performance, as compared to that on the PC.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
I've been playing all night. It's fantastic.

Where did you order from that you have to wait 2 days?? In the age of digital download, who waits?!?! I walked into a GameStop and picked it up today without a preorder.

PC or Xbox? I'm on PC.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I've been playing all night. It's fantastic.

Where did you order from that you have to wait 2 days?? In the age of digital download, who waits?!?! I walked into a GameStop and picked it up today without a preorder.

PC or Xbox? I'm on PC.

Battlefield 3's release date in the United Kingdom is the 28th October.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
*Grunts* Ugh, hurry the f*ck up!!

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
haha, you haven't even played MW3 yet and you say it has won already? It could easily be the same snoozefest that BC2 was (admittedly only part true, depends on who you're playing against). It hasn't come out here yet either, but I've seen people in my friends list playing it... I'ma gonna go interrogate.

edit: Turns out the store released it early. Very sneaky stuff :)

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
[***BATTLEFIELD 3***]

BATTLEFIELD 3 HAS OFFICIALLY CRUSHED CALL OF DUTY!

:laugh:

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
BATTLEFIELD 3 developer HAS OFFICIALLY wet his pants over CALL OF DUTY!

I take your loudmouth comment and turn it into nonsense, so there was essentially no change at all. :einstein2:

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I got it on PS3 despite the fact my PC can run it on ultra basically, so I could play with my friends and squad up, which would be nice if squading actually worked. Mixed feelings about that, but what can you do. I'm having a lot of fun. They seem to have changed the aiming from the beta which is screwing me the hell up, and I REALLY wish C4 would be available across all kits because with map size, only 24 players, the chances of you vs. a tank are very high which means you're fucked if you're not an engineer. Blows for me, since I love playing Recon, but I'm nearly ALWAYS a negative for my team since they don't offer too much utility.

I love the first days of the game because everyone's trying to get into the helicopters/planes and crashing into the ground instantly, making for funny views. A complete blast.

haha, you haven't even played MW3 yet and you say it has won already? It could easily be the same snoozefest that BC2 was (admittedly only part true, depends on who you're playing against). It hasn't come out here yet either, but I've seen people in my friends list playing it... I'ma gonna go interrogate.

edit: Turns out the store released it early. Very sneaky stuff :)

It's MW3 with vehicles, objective teamplay, and destruction. It's better.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's MW3 with vehicles, objective teamplay, and destruction. It's better.

I'm not much of a fan. Vehicles for me is just more shit to deal with. Objectives are not where it's at, the real grit of FPS and other such competitive games is the mindgames (though these things add their own mindgames, I feel it's not a necessary addition). I do really like Destruction though. I really like BF, I play it quite a bit, but I really like CoD just a bit more. It's the simplicity that makes it much more fun.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Still doesn't look as good as the first Crysis. I can't understand why people have called it the Crysis killer.

And does this game have a single player campaign mode with an actual story?

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
The only major issue I have with this game is.... They didn't add a Colorblind mode. I'm not colorblind, but one of the guys I always game with is. He's ridiculously frustrated because your own squad is green, and the enemy is red.... Guess what the most common type of colorblindness is? Red/Green. It's stupid. They had a Colorblind mode in Bad Company 2. Damn near 10% of males are colorblind. Given that their primary demographic is male - they've pretty much just ignored nearly 10% of their customers.

Dumb.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
The only major issue I have with this game is.... They didn't add a Colorblind mode. I'm not colorblind, but one of the guys I always game with is. He's ridiculously frustrated because your own squad is green, and the enemy is red.... Guess what the most common type of colorblindness is? Red/Green. It's stupid. They had a Colorblind mode in Bad Company 2. Damn near 10% of males are colorblind. Given that their primary demographic is male - they've pretty much just ignored nearly 10% of their customers.

Dumb.

I solve this oversight by firing at everybody. But yes it would be nice, because I can't tell who is on my team.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
I solve this oversight by firing at everybody. But yes it would be nice, because I can't tell who is on my team.

Well, as of 2 days ago the official stance of DICE was that they "Will not implement"
An online petition got started with their customer support and it garnered enough support that they have changed their stance to "Under Consideration". I don't know how serious that is, or if that's just a statement to appease the people who are having a bitchfest about it.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I have my copy! Need a good Co-op teammate.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Can someone please explain to me why is it there was one time I respawn in just 5 seconds, and why, on the other hand, do I respawn in as much as 10 seconds? It's a waste of energy waiting that long.

*Back to Rush.*

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I have my copy! Need a good Co-op teammate.

I can play with you later, I think you're on my friends list. Unfortunately my headset isn't working but we can play on Ventrilo for voice. Need to unlock my M39 EMR! I fucking love that rifle.

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I cannot play. Either my university internet or Dice's authentication system is to blame.

I hate you all.