• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Battlefield 3

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I can play with you later, I think you're on my friends list. Unfortunately my headset isn't working but we can play on Ventrilo for voice. Need to unlock my M39 EMR! I fucking love that rifle.

Sure thing! That'll be awesome.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I'm loving it so far, outside of the general server instability. Once you get to 9 PM EST I find myself rubber banding all over the place.

My only complaint is that I'm finding it difficult to score a lot of points in as Recon [fav class] because all of my tools are gimped: nobody pays attention to the SOFLAM's laser designations, the spawn beacon forces you into an airdrop half the time so the enemies are waiting for you with a bullet orgy, and the TUGS really stinks because it isn't mobile. I'm looking forward to unlocking the MAV because I hear it's fantastic, and currently the best way for Recon to score points is to hide in a bush and snipe. Not terribly useful.

Otherwise! Lots of fun. And I'm fantastic in the choppers if I do say so myself.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
First of all, this is one deadly awesome game. I recommend it to anybody, but I also have a few problems on the MP.

-Again, I find the total killcam+spawn time topples over 10 seconds, which gets painful, especially when...
-You aren't getting any kills. The maps are HUGE; you could strenuously engage in an assault that may take 3 minutes, and get killed. It would be adequate to simply respawn instantaneously to get things done while the heat of combat is still bustling fresh in your mind.
-Waiting makes you impatient, thus makes you angry, and make you prone to mistakes.

Above all, it looks to me like a sh*tload of the players REALLY know how to play. All of them play like BF2BC veterans, which isn't cool. A lot of them must've built their skills by playing the beta for the past month.

Looks like I made a mistake by ignoring the beta after its second day, all because I wanted to save the excitement for the final BF3 product. Now I find I'm being pushed down to my knees.

I'll do it, though.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm loving it so far, outside of the general server instability. Once you get to 9 PM EST I find myself rubber banding all over the place.

My only complaint is that I'm finding it difficult to score a lot of points in as Recon [fav class] because all of my tools are gimped: nobody pays attention to the SOFLAM's laser designations, the spawn beacon forces you into an airdrop half the time so the enemies are waiting for you with a bullet orgy, and the TUGS really stinks because it isn't mobile. I'm looking forward to unlocking the MAV because I hear it's fantastic, and currently the best way for Recon to score points is to hide in a bush and snipe. Not terribly useful.

Otherwise! Lots of fun. And I'm fantastic in the choppers if I do say so myself.

Dude, rule #1 of competitive games is that you need to do whatever it takes to win, if you are sure that recon doesn't work as efficiently as some other class, pick that other class, or use recon in some way that works best. I guess if you have enough fun with recon, you may as well use it.

First of all, this is one deadly awesome game. I recommend it to anybody, but I also have a few problems on the MP.

-Again, I find the total killcam+spawn time topples over 10 seconds, which gets painful, especially when...
-You aren't getting any kills. The maps are HUGE; you could strenuously engage in an assault that may take 3 minutes, and get killed. It would be adequate to simply respawn instantaneously to get things done while the heat of combat is still bustling fresh in your mind.
-Waiting makes you impatient, thus makes you angry, and make you prone to mistakes.

Above all, it looks to me like a sh*tload of the players REALLY know how to play. All of them play like BF2BC veterans, which isn't cool. A lot of them must've built their skills by playing the beta for the past month.

Looks like I made a mistake by ignoring the beta after its second day, all because I wanted to save the excitement for the final BF3 product. Now I find I'm being pushed down to my knees

I'll do it, though.

Missing CoDs instant-respawn are we? lol

BF is always great if you can stay alive. It's a huge PITA if you're loosing, especially if your team are just flailing around everywhere in a panic, making it hard to gain momentum.

BF would probably be more competitive in the market if they removed the respawn time.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
The campaign is pretty nice, I must admit. The storyline keeps you continually attentive; even though it often delivers you a load of dark emotion. You really do stay in tune to it.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Missing CoDs instant-respawn are we? lolBF is always great if you can stay alive. It's a huge PITA if you're loosing, especially if your team are just flailing around everywhere in a panic, making it hard to gain momentum.BF would probably be more competitive in the market if they removed the respawn time.

That's the problem, lol; you don't stay alive if every other goddamn player is an Aim Pro battle hardened BF veteran. Their dedicated experiences keeps them in control of every corner of the maps no matter how huge they are. They could scout you with relative ease and you'd be dead the second you execute an assault.

That is one of the things that makes BF3 a hard and challenging game for an inexperienced SAIYAN player. If you want to get anywhere on it, you have to have it tough. Kind of reminds of how I HAD to have it tough in my sciences just to go to Cambridge Uni (UK) when I initially thought it would be easy (due to a natural ability).

I never liked CoD, but yea, its instant respawn time on Team Deathmatch (now that I realize) was wonderful. You die, feel the aggression, and reenter the battle with all-out spirits high. Ten seconds is out of order, to me; five seconds should be the maximum.

(Btw, when I complain on the respawn time, I mean the total killcam+spawn time.)

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Aim assist is recommended on MP; everyone is using it. Only got a bare number of kills from confrontations when I had it turned off.

Most of them get easy kills that way; and it works, sadly.

Dude, rule #1 of competitive games is that you need to do whatever it takes to win,

I believe in fairness, though; and I think its more important for a skilled player to follow the way of the rules (i.e. have Aim assist turned off, avoid camping, don't particularly rely on one overpowered gun, etc). You get more gratification from testing your limits by performing properly, and thus winning that way. It's obvious.

Considering it is evident that most people would much rather choose easier solutions just to be able to win, it gets impossible even for someone who believes in the right way (i.e fairness) to avoid similar habits; if all it means is to win.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I liked Bad Company 2 a lot, except I felt like hardcore should have been core since you had to unload an entire friggin' clip in core to kill someone.

Is that the case in BF3?

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
And I'm fantastic in the choppers if I do say so myself.

The chopper is hard to fly; or the PS3 controller makes it.

I'd flown on one earlier today. Had this one dude on board; and he's trying to fire at targets on the ground, but my maneuvering was so bad, he fails to hit any at any chance. Still funny, though, lol.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Helicopter is very hard on PC. First time I hopped in a helicopter, I went straight down. It was kind of hilarious.

The console version must have some kind of different respawn timer. I've never ever had a respawn that long. I die and I instantly see "4.... 3.... 2... 1...". And Im back in. It's enough time for me to choose who I'm going to deploy on from my squad and make it to the "Deploy" button. Granted, the FPS I spent the most time playing in my life was Socom, and there is no respawn in that game. You have to wait for all 8-16 people on your team to die before the next round. So I'm plenty capable of waiting for a few seconds.

I did co-op last night and I enjoyed it. Not as great as Multiplayer though. I don't think I like Rush maps. I've been sticking with conquest mostly.

It's really a shame you guys don't play on PC.

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not touching BF3 until it's about 40$. Dice ripped off it's fans and they don't deserve much for their work.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Aim assist is recommended on MP; everyone is using it. Only got a bare number of kills from confrontations when I had it turned off.

Most of them get easy kills that way; and it works, sadly.

I believe in fairness, though; and I think its more important for a skilled player to follow the way of the rules (i.e. have Aim assist turned off, avoid camping, don't particularly rely on one overpowered gun, etc). You get more gratification from testing your limits by performing properly, and thus winning that way. It's obvious.

Considering it is evident that most people would much rather choose easier solutions just to be able to win, it gets impossible even for someone who believes in the right way (i.e fairness) to avoid similar habits; if all it means is to win.

Are you playing it on computer?

There is a difference between fairness in real life and video games. In life, you should be merciful and kind to you fellow person. In these games, there are rules set in place by the developer, and you can play with them. Fair = playing the game however you want to play it. There is more gratification in testing the limits of these rules, let the developers determine the limit, and you can explore, push and even break them.

If everyone designs their own rule set, it leads to alienation. There is no hate from player to player when they are both playing by the same rules. It's like religion. Religion has caused so many wars, arguments and fights because people are living by a huge variety of rules and they want everyone to play 'fair'.

But I guess, if you want to play with handicaps to increase your skill, the go for it, but will you still know how to play without these handicaps? Or will you just be learning something useless? (rhetorical question)

Will Modern Warfare 3 be better than BF3?

It's more about preference than better or worse, they are both going to be enjoyable, I guarantee it. It's all up to you.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
By rules, I mean the ones that are universal; that everybody *know* of. Fairness is not a preconceived concept to me; it just exists as normal anywhere you go.

The console version must have some kind of different respawn timer. I've never ever had a respawn that long. I die and I instantly see "4.... 3.... 2... 1...". And Im back in. It's enough time for me to choose who I'm going to deploy on from my squad and make it to the "Deploy" button. Granted, the FPS I spent the most time playing in my life was Socom, and there is no respawn in that game. You have to wait for all 8-16 people on your team to die before the next round. So I'm plenty capable of waiting for a few seconds.

That is precisely the respawn time I've been seeing on practically every BF3 gameplay youtube video; you die, and instantly go to "3... 2... 1..." and bang DEPLOY.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Will Modern Warfare 3 be better than BF3?

It's the same as MW2; just different maps. Nothing new besides a separate mode known as Survival Mode.

MW2 was alright. It has nice graphics and runs on 60 fps. It's fast paced and has a load of perks that make up for its repetitiveness. Has really nice guns too. However, it just got old really fast; you get bored of it easily and there's not as much skill in it as there is in BF3.

Personally, I wouldn't want to touch another CoD game ever again, which counts MW3 out. Then again, that's just me.