User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Thread: Battlefield 3

MBTI
    ISTx

So is this better than the Modern Warfare games?

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Yes.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    ISTx

Will Modern Warfare 3 be better than BF3?

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I am not psychic, nor am I a Magic 8-ball.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    ...nor am I a Magic 8-ball.
    But you're black & white. It's deceiving.

MBTI
    ISTx

I am not psychic, nor am I a Magic 8-ball.
    From speculation/reports... Surely you're involved to some extent in the going-ons of the gaming world?

MBTI
    XNTP
    Enneagram

I'm not touching BF3 until it's about 40$. Dice ripped off it's fans and they don't deserve much for their work.
    Always forward, never back!

"I always love talking to people and hearing their story. People always have a good life story to tell ya know?"

My blog in regular blogs

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Aim assist is recommended on MP; everyone is using it. Only got a bare number of kills from confrontations when I had it turned off.

Most of them get easy kills that way; and it works, sadly.

I believe in fairness, though; and I think its more important for a skilled player to follow the way of the rules (i.e. have Aim assist turned off, avoid camping, don't particularly rely on one overpowered gun, etc). You get more gratification from testing your limits by performing properly, and thus winning that way. It's obvious.

Considering it is evident that most people would much rather choose easier solutions just to be able to win, it gets impossible even for someone who believes in the right way (i.e fairness) to avoid similar habits; if all it means is to win.
    Are you playing it on computer?

There is a difference between fairness in real life and video games. In life, you should be merciful and kind to you fellow person. In these games, there are rules set in place by the developer, and you can play with them. Fair = playing the game however you want to play it. There is more gratification in testing the limits of these rules, let the developers determine the limit, and you can explore, push and even break them.

If everyone designs their own rule set, it leads to alienation. There is no hate from player to player when they are both playing by the same rules. It's like religion. Religion has caused so many wars, arguments and fights because people are living by a huge variety of rules and they want everyone to play 'fair'.

But I guess, if you want to play with handicaps to increase your skill, the go for it, but will you still know how to play without these handicaps? Or will you just be learning something useless? (rhetorical question)

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    It's more about preference than better or worse, they are both going to be enjoyable, I guarantee it. It's all up to you.
    5 3 9

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

By rules, I mean the ones that are universal; that everybody *know* of. Fairness is not a preconceived concept to me; it just exists as normal anywhere you go.

The console version must have some kind of different respawn timer. I've never ever had a respawn that long. I die and I instantly see "4.... 3.... 2... 1...". And Im back in. It's enough time for me to choose who I'm going to deploy on from my squad and make it to the "Deploy" button. Granted, the FPS I spent the most time playing in my life was Socom, and there is no respawn in that game. You have to wait for all 8-16 people on your team to die before the next round. So I'm plenty capable of waiting for a few seconds.
    That is precisely the respawn time I've been seeing on practically every BF3 gameplay youtube video; you die, and instantly go to "3... 2... 1..." and bang DEPLOY.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    It's the same as MW2; just different maps. Nothing new besides a separate mode known as Survival Mode.

MW2 was alright. It has nice graphics and runs on 60 fps. It's fast paced and has a load of perks that make up for its repetitiveness. Has really nice guns too. However, it just got old really fast; you get bored of it easily and there's not as much skill in it as there is in BF3.

Personally, I wouldn't want to touch another CoD game ever again, which counts MW3 out. Then again, that's just me.