Thread: Battlefield 3

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I can play with you later, I think you're on my friends list. Unfortunately my headset isn't working but we can play on Ventrilo for voice. Need to unlock my M39 EMR! I fucking love that rifle.
    Sure thing! That'll be awesome.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I'm loving it so far, outside of the general server instability. Once you get to 9 PM EST I find myself rubber banding all over the place.

My only complaint is that I'm finding it difficult to score a lot of points in as Recon [fav class] because all of my tools are gimped: nobody pays attention to the SOFLAM's laser designations, the spawn beacon forces you into an airdrop half the time so the enemies are waiting for you with a bullet orgy, and the TUGS really stinks because it isn't mobile. I'm looking forward to unlocking the MAV because I hear it's fantastic, and currently the best way for Recon to score points is to hide in a bush and snipe. Not terribly useful.

Otherwise! Lots of fun. And I'm fantastic in the choppers if I do say so myself.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

First of all, this is one deadly awesome game. I recommend it to anybody, but I also have a few problems on the MP.

-Again, I find the total killcam+spawn time topples over 10 seconds, which gets painful, especially when...
    -You aren't getting any kills. The maps are HUGE; you could strenuously engage in an assault that may take 3 minutes, and get killed. It would be adequate to simply respawn instantaneously to get things done while the heat of combat is still bustling fresh in your mind.
    -Waiting makes you impatient, thus makes you angry, and make you prone to mistakes.

Above all, it looks to me like a sh*tload of the players REALLY know how to play. All of them play like BF2BC veterans, which isn't cool. A lot of them must've built their skills by playing the beta for the past month.

Looks like I made a mistake by ignoring the beta after its second day, all because I wanted to save the excitement for the final BF3 product. Now I find I'm being pushed down to my knees.

I'll do it, though.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

I'm loving it so far, outside of the general server instability. Once you get to 9 PM EST I find myself rubber banding all over the place.

My only complaint is that I'm finding it difficult to score a lot of points in as Recon [fav class] because all of my tools are gimped: nobody pays attention to the SOFLAM's laser designations, the spawn beacon forces you into an airdrop half the time so the enemies are waiting for you with a bullet orgy, and the TUGS really stinks because it isn't mobile. I'm looking forward to unlocking the MAV because I hear it's fantastic, and currently the best way for Recon to score points is to hide in a bush and snipe. Not terribly useful.

Otherwise! Lots of fun. And I'm fantastic in the choppers if I do say so myself.
    Dude, rule #1 of competitive games is that you need to do whatever it takes to win, if you are sure that recon doesn't work as efficiently as some other class, pick that other class, or use recon in some way that works best. I guess if you have enough fun with recon, you may as well use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    First of all, this is one deadly awesome game. I recommend it to anybody, but I also have a few problems on the MP.

-Again, I find the total killcam+spawn time topples over 10 seconds, which gets painful, especially when...
    -You aren't getting any kills. The maps are HUGE; you could strenuously engage in an assault that may take 3 minutes, and get killed. It would be adequate to simply respawn instantaneously to get things done while the heat of combat is still bustling fresh in your mind.
    -Waiting makes you impatient, thus makes you angry, and make you prone to mistakes.

Above all, it looks to me like a sh*tload of the players REALLY know how to play. All of them play like BF2BC veterans, which isn't cool. A lot of them must've built their skills by playing the beta for the past month.

Looks like I made a mistake by ignoring the beta after its second day, all because I wanted to save the excitement for the final BF3 product. Now I find I'm being pushed down to my knees

I'll do it, though.
    Missing CoDs instant-respawn are we? lol

BF is always great if you can stay alive. It's a huge PITA if you're loosing, especially if your team are just flailing around everywhere in a panic, making it hard to gain momentum.

BF would probably be more competitive in the market if they removed the respawn time.
    5 3 9

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

The campaign is pretty nice, I must admit. The storyline keeps you continually attentive; even though it often delivers you a load of dark emotion. You really do stay in tune to it.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

Missing CoDs instant-respawn are we? lolBF is always great if you can stay alive. It's a huge PITA if you're loosing, especially if your team are just flailing around everywhere in a panic, making it hard to gain momentum.BF would probably be more competitive in the market if they removed the respawn time.
    That's the problem, lol; you don't stay alive if every other goddamn player is an Aim Pro battle hardened BF veteran. Their dedicated experiences keeps them in control of every corner of the maps no matter how huge they are. They could scout you with relative ease and you'd be dead the second you execute an assault.

That is one of the things that makes BF3 a hard and challenging game for an inexperienced SAIYAN player. If you want to get anywhere on it, you have to have it tough. Kind of reminds of how I HAD to have it tough in my sciences just to go to Cambridge Uni (UK) when I initially thought it would be easy (due to a natural ability).

I never liked CoD, but yea, its instant respawn time on Team Deathmatch (now that I realize) was wonderful. You die, feel the aggression, and reenter the battle with all-out spirits high. Ten seconds is out of order, to me; five seconds should be the maximum.

(Btw, when I complain on the respawn time, I mean the total killcam+spawn time.)

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

Aim assist is recommended on MP; everyone is using it. Only got a bare number of kills from confrontations when I had it turned off.

Most of them get easy kills that way; and it works, sadly.

Dude, rule #1 of competitive games is that you need to do whatever it takes to win,
    I believe in fairness, though; and I think its more important for a skilled player to follow the way of the rules (i.e. have Aim assist turned off, avoid camping, don't particularly rely on one overpowered gun, etc). You get more gratification from testing your limits by performing properly, and thus winning that way. It's obvious.

Considering it is evident that most people would much rather choose easier solutions just to be able to win, it gets impossible even for someone who believes in the right way (i.e fairness) to avoid similar habits; if all it means is to win.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

I liked Bad Company 2 a lot, except I felt like hardcore should have been core since you had to unload an entire friggin' clip in core to kill someone.

Is that the case in BF3?
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

And I'm fantastic in the choppers if I do say so myself.
    The chopper is hard to fly; or the PS3 controller makes it.

I'd flown on one earlier today. Had this one dude on board; and he's trying to fire at targets on the ground, but my maneuvering was so bad, he fails to hit any at any chance. Still funny, though, lol.

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Helicopter is very hard on PC. First time I hopped in a helicopter, I went straight down. It was kind of hilarious.

The console version must have some kind of different respawn timer. I've never ever had a respawn that long. I die and I instantly see "4.... 3.... 2... 1...". And Im back in. It's enough time for me to choose who I'm going to deploy on from my squad and make it to the "Deploy" button. Granted, the FPS I spent the most time playing in my life was Socom, and there is no respawn in that game. You have to wait for all 8-16 people on your team to die before the next round. So I'm plenty capable of waiting for a few seconds.

I did co-op last night and I enjoyed it. Not as great as Multiplayer though. I don't think I like Rush maps. I've been sticking with conquest mostly.

It's really a shame you guys don't play on PC.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~