• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Walking Dead- CONTAINS SPOILERS!

SensEye

MBTI Type
INTp
... It was all a dream, apparently. Or at least if a petition works as planned.

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/walking-dead-fans-petition-bring-beth-back-202955048.html
No. Just no. This would be the worst thing ever as it would have ramifications far beyond this one character.

There is already the feeling that the real core characters are immune to harm due to their popularity. If that starts to extend out to the second level characters much suspense will disappear as from that point on you could expect only red shirts to get offed.

xF's are running amok at what's her face teary exit interview is all.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Not all Fs. *sips Mountain Dew* *chews taquito*

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No. Just no. This would be the worst thing ever as it would have ramifications far beyond this one character.

There is already the feeling that the real core characters are immune to harm due to their popularity. If that starts to extend out to the second level characters much suspense will disappear as from that point on you could expect only red shirts to get offed.

xF's are running amok at what's her face teary exit interview is all.

Well, honestly, my dislike of Beth is fairly well-established... but regardless, yeah, doing that has really bad ramifications on the "trust factor" between audience and writers. If we're playing take-backs, give me Herschel instead.

Not all Fs. *sips Mountain Dew* *chews taquito*

SHE'S FAKING! IT'S AN ACT MEANT TO DECEIVE EVERYONE! SOMEWHERE IN THE DEPTHS OF THAT BRAIN SHE IS RUNNING AMOK WITH HER HANDS IN THE AIR! I KNOW IT!

MBTI Type
INTJ
I liked the last episode well enough, I guess. But can anyone explain why Beth did what she did at the end? It might rank as the dumbest and least motivated instigating event of the entire run of the show. I couldn't hear what she was saying as she did it, but I can't imagine it matters. It's hard to believe there wasn't a better way to instigate what the writers wanted to happen.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I thought it was understandable that she wanted to stab the shit out of Dawn before they parted ways, especially since Dawn took Noah back. She'd been pushing back against Dawn the whole time she was at the hospital.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I didn't feel like the execution of it made sense either. If they want beth and dawn to die, the scene could have been better staged.

Dannik

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
I thought it was understandable that she wanted to stab the shit out of Dawn before they parted ways, [...] She'd been pushing back against Dawn the whole time she was at the hospital.

Yes, I thought it made perfect beautiful sense.
Because it became a story about the specificity of how Beth interpreted Dawn.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
I thank the writers for getting rid of Beth (There will be no more singing in the zombie apocalypse.) and I humbly request that they also get rid of Tara and replace her with Summer Glau.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The scene seemed to belong better on a show like The Following.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Season 5B starts this Sunday night.

I figure we should have a betting pool on who will bite it this season.

This is a fair evaluation:
https://tv.yahoo.com/news/walking-dead-poll-else-die-season-183246507.html

The most obvious choices to me:

- Rosita, Tara, or Sasha. They haven't done much with these characters overall to suggest future plans with them. They're expendable. I think Sasha is the safest of the bunch.

- Noah. In the same group, but he just joined so he probably will be given a grace period before getting the axe.

- Eugene or Father Gabriel. Not as likely as the first group, they still have some play; they just seem the most expendable.

Finally, a main cast kill:
- Glenn is most likely to die. He's a favorite of mine, but he seems the most expendable of the main cast while still adding some "ooomph" since he's the second character we really met, after Rick.
- Rick is another possibility. But I more suspect he will become maimed in some way.

Sorry, but I don't see Michonne or Daryl biting it any year soon.
They might do something stupid with Carol and let her "die valiantly," though. Who knows? The whole "Beth" thing still annoys me.

SensEye

MBTI Type
INTp
I tend to agree with your choices, but I'll be a bit disappointed if the recently added characters main roles are to serve as "red shirt" material for the writers to kill off.

Also, I think the series needs to be careful not to become to predictable about having each half-seasons denouement end with a character death. It's good to have one now and again to keep us on our toes and remind us the zombie apocalypse is no picnic, but I prefer them to go down more as a result of a conflict with a major adversary (like the Guv taking out Hershel) rather than just offed for shock value (sort of how I felt about Beth's demise).

The biggest surprise for season 5B might be if nobody gets it.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Episode S5E9

Well...

I honestly did not expect that. I think it was actually a great episode, especially during the "vision" parts. That was all an eerie but meaningful touch to the episode; I got pretty choked up with all that (and the variety of what was presented).

It was a pretty ballsy way to open the second half of the season and broke formula. On that basis I think it was pretty good; I found it more meaningful by far than the end of the first half.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I agree, it was a great episode and really well done.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
At what point in the show up to this point do y'all think it pivoted from the dead being the biggest threat, to the remaining living being a bigger threat and the dead just kind of something to be dispatched?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
At what point in the show up to this point do y'all think it pivoted from the dead being the biggest threat, to the remaining living being a bigger threat and the dead just kind of something to be dispatched?

From my perspective, it was thrown in our faces in Season 2, during the time on the farm -- namely the whole "Shane" thing + the skirmish with the out-of-towners when Rick and Glenn went there to bring Herschel home. That whole scene was nail-on-chalkboard edgy... and you realize you can't really ever trust anyone again.

But third season kind of confirmed it.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Yeah, I think you're right. At this point they seem pretty non-plussed by the dead- they're just totally inured to it. That's its own kind of horror.

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I was pretty bored with the latest episode. I had to spent first half of the episode recalling who's alive and why they are separated. Also I hate it when people die to stupidness.. especially after so many seasons. Don't know what to expect about the series anymore. It feels like they are repeating patterns.

SensEye

MBTI Type
INTp
I thought it was a great episode. Primarily, because I didn't see this coming.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I agree with what SensEye said in the spoiler tag. It was a welcome surprise in a show that had seemed to settle into familiar rhythms.

However, I really disliked the hallucinations/visions. Not because the idea was bad; the idea was quite good, it was just completely cocked up. The visions were given such banal, New Agey things to say that really don't mean anything, which kind of makes it an unworthy death. They provided zero insight into this character's motivation and how this character regarded his own demise, even though it was apparent that this is what the purpose of the visions was. The story about the father's insistence on listening to the news and the fact that he hallucinated hearing the news in his final moments were much more effective with a fraction of the effort.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
^good points. That could have been so much more meaningful. It does feel like they phoned that part in.