• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Walking Dead- CONTAINS SPOILERS!

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
I find it both hilarious and disturbing how few fucks are given regarding the disappearance of Beth. Also, this Terminus place has as a very ominous vibe surrounding it, and the fact that upon arrival some lady yet to be named is barbecuing something seems like some foreshadowing to cannibalism going down there.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah totally creepy vibe!

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, Episode 14 was pretty amazing. Sometimes you feel like characters are introduced simply to die, and you recognize those redshirts when you see them.

T-Dog_a5f686_3853372.jpg

SensEye

MBTI Type
INTp
I find it both hilarious and disturbing how few fucks are given regarding the disappearance of Beth. Also, this Terminus place has as a very ominous vibe surrounding it, and the fact that upon arrival some lady yet to be named is barbecuing something seems like some foreshadowing to cannibalism going down there.
Terminus was a little disappointing. Seems a bit too much like Pleasantville (the town run by the Guv). All warm and fuzzy on the outside but with a dark underbelly. I worry about "been there, done that" syndrome.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, the way that tunnel incident almost played out, I was ready to call Glenn the biggest a-hole from this side of eternity, but then he actually did something freaking noble after acting like a moron in love for half the episode. I suppose it's consistent with his emo-driven character, but I wanted to slap that boy silly when he insisted on going through that dark tunnel that he could have found a safer way around.

The burning of the photo ("You won't need it ever again...")... Is that ominous or what?

Also, the way Daryl's pissing match ended up... Wow. Okay. Well, I think the finale could be a ballbuster for Rick, Carl, and/or Michonne with that kind of setup.

Best lines:

- Joe: There's nothing worse than an outdoor cat who thinks he's an indoor cat.
- Eugene: You are seriously hot, Tara. (and other assorted bits from resident nerdy brainiac)
- Len: ... or maybe you're into the "little ones." [eeewww!]
- Glenn: Sorry I punched you in the face. Abraham: Naw. I like fighting.

Terminus was a little disappointing. Seems a bit too much like Pleasantville (the town run by the Guv). All warm and fuzzy on the outside but with a dark underbelly. I worry about "been there, done that" syndrome.

Well, the main difference is that there weren't guys manning the fences, and I wonder if the reason for that is because their take-order can't come to them if they lock them out.

Sorry, but after watching too much Hannibal, I always end up looking another time at the dinner plate when someone says to join them for a bite.

Oh, I see you picked up on that too.
Yeah, it's the "end of the road" for all who enter here.
And, "You'll be safe in mah bellee!"

file.php

But yeah -- nothing about Beth. Not that Daryl would talk about it to those guys.

SensEye

MBTI Type
INTp
You guys are really sold on that cannibal aspect aren't you? I didn't really pick up on that until it was pointed out here. But you may be on to something.

Other mentioned points:

- Emo-driven Glen is always irritating me. I always hope he's the next key character to get offed, but with my luck he will end up the last man standing. Yes, my Glen hate is probably a reflection of my type ;)
- The lack of security at terminus was strange, obviously they have some muscle behind the scenes, especially if they are nefarious enslavers (i.e. capture walk ins and make them livestock)
- I keep wondering when the Beth story line will get a follow up too. Seems like it might have to wait until next season. Talk about "out of sight, out of mind".
- From the teaser for "next week" it's clear Rick, Michone et. al. get in a big scrap, presumably with Darryl's gang (but maybe the terminus folks are involved somehow as well).

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You guys are really sold on that cannibal aspect aren't you? I didn't really pick up on that until it was pointed out here. But you may be on to something.

Well, we are partial cheaters -- I don't read the comic, but I end up seeing stuff about it when I read about the TV show and it seems like there is a sequence with cannibals. So it's probably going to show up in the series SOMEWHERE.
- Emo-driven Glen is always irritating me. I always hope he's the next key character to get offed, but with my luck he will end up the last man standing. Yes, my Glen hate is probably a reflection of my type ;)
I think Glen's a good person, but yeah, his emotionally driven behavior will get people killed at some point. I can respect that at least he's consistent, though; he's always had a soft heart, and he always has put his heart over his head. But some of the stuff he does DRIVES ME CRAZY -- like how he took advantage of Tara.

- The lack of security at terminus was strange, obviously they have some muscle behind the scenes, especially if they are nefarious enslavers (i.e. capture walk ins and make them livestock)

Yeah -- I mean, there has to be SOMETHING there if simply to take care of any "herds" that might wander through the area.

- I keep wondering when the Beth story line will get a follow up too. Seems like it might have to wait until next season. Talk about "out of sight, out of mind".

Well, Carol disappeared for a few episodes earlier this season. I don't think we ever did find out where she went or what happened to her, did we?

- From the teaser for "next week" it's clear Rick, Michone et. al. get in a big scrap, presumably with Darryl's gang (but maybe the terminus folks are involved somehow as well).
Yeah. Rather ominous.

Joe's gang was also played as baddies when we were looking at them from Rick's perspective, and even the opening bits with Daryl joining them, they seemed pretty jerky. But unfortunately now we've had an episode to get into their heads a bit more, and they're not necessarily "bad" guys, although they are survivors with little mercy for those who violate the group code (and if you're not in their group, you're potential prey). So it'll make things a little worse for the audience and for Daryl if he's forced to make choices.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I found Beth! I found Beth!

She was hiding out in Joe Carroll's cult under the fake name of Mallory (on The Following).
Unfortunately, she died.

I guess she's not coming back. :(

r.a

meat popsicle
MBTI Type
STFU
1. yes please kill glen pleeeeaaase. God, if you exist, please make the writers kill glen. that is all. resume all other awfulness in the world, this one take priority.
2. yes terminus seems to be where I would stay the fuck away from. after woodbury fuck everyone.

r.a

meat popsicle
MBTI Type
STFU
I found Beth! I found Beth!

She was hiding out in Joe Carroll's cult under the fake name of Mallory (on The Following).
Unfortunately, she died.

I guess she's not coming back. :(
you watch the following? oh man. i hate that show. i could never be convinced that a mass cult would follow edgar allen poe's writings as a basis of killing innocent people. poe is too easy. is there a following thread? fuck that show. sorry. dont mean to be a wet blanket.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
you watch the following? oh man. i hate that show. i could never be convinced that a mass cult would follow edgar allen poe's writings as a basis of killing innocent people. poe is too easy. is there a following thread? fuck that show. sorry. dont mean to be a wet blanket.

Then don't be one.

I never said it was a good show. It's more of a fun, guilty pleasure.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
The Following is terrible, but I can't stop hate-watching it.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can't say the finale was everything I expected. At least it wasn't one of those where they dump everything and try to make it sensational and make it stupid instead; on the other hand, it seemed a little underwhelming in the big picture sense. Maybe it didn't help that most of us have already guessed what is going on with Terminus... There weren't any huge shocks IMO.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The Following is terrible, but I can't stop hate-watching it.

thats how i felt about it too haha exactly but i haven't watched it since its been back on. i mean...i thought the guy died?

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
OR DID HE?!??!??!??!?!!!!?!??!!?!?!?!

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp