• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Walking Dead- CONTAINS SPOILERS!

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
The show is veering away from the comic. Tyreese is decapitated by the governor in the comic. Guess we'll have to wait and see. Yeah, I miss T-Dogg too.
Marilyn Manson was obsessed with Carl's hat, Activia/Candida, women's menstrual cycles, and the bowel movements of walkers.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Oh yeah, the show has already gone way off from where the comics went, from what I've been told. I just think the "Tyreese kind of goes apeshit on some zombies with a hammer" scene was an homage to the scene in the comic where he loses time and clears out a huge number of zombies in a small space.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So what did you guys think of Sunday's episode? I just watched it tonight.

Found this interesting link.
http://www.wired.com/underwire/2013/11/walking-dead-recap-indifference/

I did understand where Rick was coming from, but this article is still kind of fair (and amusing) in its criticisms.

I did feel bad for the girl with the tattoo on her leg.

And, oh, look... more redshirts. Cuz this show is all about murdering redshirts. Keep 'em coming... anything to prevent Daryl and our other hand-picked faves from biting it. *doh*

Not a lot happened overall in the episode, I felt, but I actually liked the conversations between Carol and Rick. And I've been kind of surprised. I really had hated (and almost been disgusted by) Carol and her weakness in the first two seasons. She was such a hot mess. I don't agree with everything she has done in the season, but I've found her so much more interesting. (Note that Carol has been "off the clock" for a long long time now. Didn't she kill herself in the comic, like issues and issues ago? So they can pretty much do anything with her. Hey, maybe she'll go shack up with the Guv'nor and start her own empire!)

I also liked whatever is passing for a philosophical discussion between Michonne and Daryl: "M: You were right. The trail is cold. I'm not going out anymore. D: Good. 'bout time." Lol, they crack me up.... both trying to bare their hearts, and that's how it comes out.)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
oh man...idk. should be interesting.

SensEye

MBTI Type
INTp
So what did you guys think of Sunday's episode? I just watched it tonight.

Found this interesting link.
http://www.wired.com/underwire/2013/11/walking-dead-recap-indifference/

I did understand where Rick was coming from, but this article is still kind of fair (and amusing) in its criticisms.
I agree with the article in that Rick is almost bipolar between being dysfunctional and a dictator. In reality the "group" should have demoted him to junior flunky due to his failed leadership long ago. But I get the "main character must be involved" restrictions of a TV series.

I like the new all business Carol, hopefully she will show up again sometime.

PS> Never read the comic, so I have no clue about what might happen, or the general storyline that the series is likely to follow.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
PS> Never read the comic, so I have no clue about what might happen, or the general storyline that the series is likely to follow.

I've kept some general tabs on the comic, but am not a reader either. I tried to read an issue once, and I thought the show was dramatically a lot better; the book felt rather emotionally lifeless to me and more based on shock value than having some dramatic direction.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, that was a thrilling episode: Tons more redshirts dead. But of course no one cares about that, they just want to know if anyone in the core group bit the big one. And I ain't tellin'.

...And then of course the startling ending that we all pretty much anticipated a few episodes ago. Big surprise there.

I'll say that I really didn't much like Herschel in Season #2 but now he's one of my favorite characters. Once he got past his own spot of blindness, he kind of took over as the moral/rational center of the group in Season #3 and has been a great stabilizing force since.

And what do you know? They still haven't killed off the entire black cast. Normally the writers seem to have it in for them... well, except for Michonne, who might as well have her own fan club and spin-off show.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I'm irritated about the ending. I knew it had to be coming but I didn't want it to.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm irritated about the ending. I knew it had to be coming but I didn't want it to.

Same.

A lot of the news reports were saying how great the season has been and the ratings are higher, but.... I can't say it really has been doing a lot for me so far. I just feel like I'm in zombie hell, trudging through the same plot motifs over and over. I no longer also have that curiosity, "What am I going to see THIS week???" when you never knew what would happen next.

SensEye

MBTI Type
INTp
Same.

A lot of the news reports were saying how great the season has been and the ratings are higher, but.... I can't say it really has been doing a lot for me so far. I just feel like I'm in zombie hell, trudging through the same plot motifs over and over. I no longer also have that curiosity, "What am I going to see THIS week???" when you never knew what would happen next.
Me too. I've been kind of waiting for the season to take a direction. The pendulum has swung too much towards that old "character development" chestnut and away from storyline. Treading water waiting for the Guv I guess.

Plus, at the risk of sounding like comic book guy, I'm appalled at the continuous zombie mismanagement. How hard is it to eyestab a hundred zombies at the fence BEFORE they break it down? It's like there are a hundred or so piling up, Maggie eyestabs half a dozen in a minute, then it's "I'll knock off for the day and go fret about Glen" and Rick is all like: "I better go blather at Carl so he can make me proud later. These zombies caving in the fence will just have to wait".

Was every redshirt in the prison sick? Half a dozen guys for 20 minutes and every zombie at the fence line is dead. Rinse and repeat every time more than a dozen pile up. Sheesh.

Sakedon

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I love the Walking Dead. I own seasons 1-3 and have been getting glimpses of Season 4 in when I can. (no cable or Netflix) Without reading the entire thread to know where everyone's at, or what I can or can't say without spoiling, I'll simply say that overall it's a fantastic story of survival and humanity in a post apocalyptic setting.

Does it have parts where I want to scream "No! What are you doing?!" At the screen? Of course. Senseye's mention of zombie mismanagement of the prison fence line is a great example of that. But if you can accept its imperfections, it's well worth the watch.

I picked up volume one and two of the comic book compendium that I still need to read. I did not enjoy what I read of the three Walking Dead novels though. The writing style was just...bleugh.

Long live Daryl & Carol. :wubbie:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, I gotta say after Episode 6... that wasn't really where I expected things to go. Could this be the season of personal redemption for certain characters... too little too late?

Since this seems kinda flashbacky, it doesn't really bode well for the ending.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Yeah, I thought the events of this episode were supposed to predate the final scene from the previous episode... so I suspect he'll be back to his old vengeful self soon enough.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Things I liked about it was (1) the new characters didn't just feel like "ringers," they actually seemed to have some personality in comparison to some of the other redshirts this season [and I think when and if they bite it, I am actually going to care a bit], (2) I was on edge the whole episode wondering when and if he was going to revert to his established self, and (3) now I'm left wrestling with whether redemption is possible. I felt like he and some other characters had become more cliche, and he felt much more real in this episode than I've experienced him in the past.

But it disturbs me, that miasma of the grays of character that I was left with at the end. And even if such change is possible and maintainable, well, now that casts other characters with a viable grudge as the less-forgiving and potentially "more evil" depending on their responses.

One analogy that rises to mind would be what might have happened if, after his "conversion to Christianity," Jeffrey Dahmer was released to become a member of a church. Would he have ever been trusted or accepted, and especially if they had known some of his victims or even were family members? If awful people can become good, what does that say about the good people (is there really much difference there? is there truly separation?), what does that say about the justification good people feel to exclude bad people or mete out justice, and what does it say about a God who can forgive people who have performed horrendous acts, a God who can forgive the perpetrators of concentration camps, serial crimes, etc?

I found it an unsettling episode in light of questions like that. I just wonder if they'll push it harder or they'll just have him revert back to the bad self so we don't have to wrestle with the questions.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
idk if i can judge someones actions in a normal way while in an insane environment.

which means nothing one way or another...just sort of letting it be without character judgement right now.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
From a rational approach, I agree.

But from an emotional approach? How can one emotionally forgive (and thus forgive in the practical sense) someone who has so badly hurt you and those you have loved? I think that's an intimidating question in the flotsam and jetsam of human experience.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
sure for sure...just postponing judgement i suppose....or rather judging them separately. or adding multiple parts to the whole and maintaining multiple opinions at once.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I love how this show dictates how we'll feel about certain characters, based on their actions. Now The Governor is a good guy. But check out this clip for next week. And note that the little girl isn't with them.

[video]http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/videos/sneak-peek-episode-407-the-walking-dead-dead-weight[/video]