• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Walking Dead- CONTAINS SPOILERS!

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Yes.

Walking Dead is predictable and draws on every bad cliche in the book. Melodrama is for cunts, for the record.

This is why it is the most popular show on TV. The program is as mediocre as its fanbase.

Kudos on the make-up work, though.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
I think the suggestion was that the zombies had been up there, but they were all just kind of scattered on the roof. The noise brought them all to one location on the room, increasing the weight load tremendously on a section that already had the downed chopper on it, which meant...

... oh snap, who knows??

Yeah, at first you saw them walking into the direction the noise came from. Then the whole area above the doctor broke down, but just one zombie fell down, later other zombies fell down. After that they started to fall down at random locations and in the end the whole roof broke down.
Like I said, I'm too picky ;)

I thought it was also bad, that you saw random characters cry in full shot. You can't really get emotionally affected when you don't know that person.

All in all I thought it was cool and I'm excited for new episodes.

There were a number of cute lines / fun zingers, at least.

I watched it in German, many lines got sacrificed due to a good synchronisation, but I understand only half of what they are talking in English. Do they speak in dialect?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I watched it in German, many lines got sacrificed due to a good synchronisation, but I understand only half of what they are talking in English. Do they speak in dialect?

Hmm. Well, it's set down in Atlanta so some characters have a southern accent, I think mostly if there was anything hard to understand, maybe self-referential lines to earlier episodes? Or maybe some of the humor?

For example, the one kid with glasses was so overly polite to Daryl (who is kind of a backwoods guy) and gushing all over him, calling him "Mr. Dixon" (which is very formal) whereas Daryl is informal by nature and also soft-spoken and seems to shy away from hero worship / doesn't want to be put on a pedestal. So he licks his hand before shaking to "clean it off" (what a joker), and then later Carol is ribbing him about "how she knew him first" (before he falls in love with this other Daryl worshiper).

Or another kid (we who are about to die) starts trying to guess who Daryl was in his former life, and finally settles on homicide cop or something... which isn't correct at all, but Daryl plays along in that low-key cute Daryl way ('it was a lot of heavy shit'... as if killing zombies and his brother and fighting daily to survive isn't).

Or Michonne brings Rick a razor as a gift and says, "his face is losing the war [against his whiskers]."

And there's the whole "30 days without an accident" sign that used to (does it still?) show up in manufacturing plants, as bragging rights for how safe the place is (theoretically), and the clock is reset as soon as there is an accident.

I dunno, do you mean stuff like that was confusing or dropped in the translation?

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
No, I didnt mean something like that. :D
The confusion is not thematically but more linguistically (If that is understandable).
I live in Austria and we are pretty familiar with US culture since we are watching your movies, shows, music, etc...
I know that "x days without an accident - sign" from e.g. The Simpsons but I maybe have a hard time with it because they are not talking formal english. Sometimes I miss some words and then my brain can't construct the sentence. It's harder to follow the plot because of that. I also watched season 3 of Game of thrones in English and they are talking some kind of British dialect, right? I usually wait for the synchro when a new season comes out.

Or another kid (we who are about to die) starts trying to guess who Daryl was in his former life, and finally settles on homicide cop or something... which isn't correct at all, but Daryl plays along in that low-key cute Daryl way ('it was a lot of heavy shit'... as if killing zombies and his brother and fighting daily to survive isn't).

This is different to the German version. The boy immediately guesses Daryl's job right and that was it if I remember right. Then they went into the building.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Some men are blessed by fate to be farmers, but it looks like -- despite his best efforts -- Rick is not one of them.
The world he wishes to escape to or recreate for himself no longer exists.

And it looks like Michonne wasn't telling us something.

This is different to the German version. The boy immediately guesses Daryl's job right and that was it if I remember right. Then they went into the building.

Sounds like they cut the rest of the dialogue there where he plays along.

In the “30 Days without an Accident” episode of The Walking Dead, Daryl has become part of the governing council, and he hunts to provide food for the group. However, there is an air of mystery over what Daryl did before the zombie apocalypse. Beth’s new boyfriend Zach has even made a game out of trying to guess Daryl’s former occupation.

Zach tells Daryl and Michonne, “Okay, big swing here: homicide cop.” After Michonne starts laughing, Daryl answers, “Actually, the man’s right. Undercover.” While Daryl plays his reply straight at first, he eventually cracks up about it. Realizing he’s guessed wrong again, Zach says, “I guess I’ll just keep guessing I guess.” Daryl responds, “Yeah, you keep doing that.”

Even though Zach doesn’t find out what Daryl’s former occupation was, executive producer Gale Anne Hurd seemed to indicate in an interview with MTV that fans might eventually learn the answer. Hurd said, “Everyone wants to know who Daryl was before the apocalypse. And it’s not just the fans, it’s the characters on the show. So you never know, we might just find out.”

EDIT:

In other news, I didn't know Steven Yeun (the guy who plays Glenn) was so funny. This article is a year old, and the "spoiler" in it (about the comic) old news now, but the letter is pretty amusing.

http://comicbook.com/blog/2012/10/0...ably-keep-writing-nasty-letters-to-the-comic/

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
How lame was Episode 2? The sense is really missing in this one. It always turns out bad when kids get roles where they have to show real emotions, it broke the "stage reality" almost completely.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Weird but I liked this episode more than the season opener... despite the kids not being the greatest actors.

That said, too many predictable redshirts being used as cheap plot devices.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Episode 3

Well, I kind of had guessed that last bit of the episode, when Rick asks someone a pertinent question and gets the answer he didn't want to hear. No idea where that's going to go.

And I guess someone isn't quite as numb as she thinks she is, although only her closest relationships apparently get to her. (BTW, what is up with her perfectly tweaked eyebrows? Seriously? It looks like she purposefully and consistently shapes them.)

i think my favorite conversations happen between Daryl and Michonne. They're the two least talkative individuals, so their conversations are so minimalist while still getting the point across.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
Weird but I liked this episode more than the season opener... despite the kids not being the greatest actors.

That said, too many predictable redshirts being used as cheap plot devices.

Exactly, it was a bit too predictable as well, since almost every unimportant character seems to be dead now, haha :D Btw, I haven't watched episode 3 yet, but I will when it comes out, so I'm going to read it later.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Exactly, it was a bit too predictable as well, since almost every unimportant character seems to be dead now, haha :D

Pretty much. Three episodes in, and the body count already seems astronomical... although of course no one in the "main" cast (i.e., people who predated the season) aside from maybe Karen, who wasn't really well-known last season anyway.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
They will find some meds and save Glenn. Hershel, not sure. Tyreese is a goner for obvious reasons. At first I was like why the fuck are you getting out of the car!?!? Then I re watched it and saw that super hot Daryl isn't the best driver, and ran the car up on a pile of walkers. I still think they'd have stood a better chance at having a few guys quickly getting out of the car and push it off the bodies while Daryl guns it, then hope back in and head back the way they came.

Carol is bad ass. She needed to burn the cooties off of those infected bodies. Good for her! Michonne is still my girl, and if they kill her off I will NOT be HAPPY!

Episode 3

i think my favorite conversations happen between Daryl and Michonne. They're the two least talkative individuals, so their conversations are so minimalist while still getting the point across.
They should make babies together. It's not fair that Glenn is the only one getting any.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
They will find some meds and save Glenn. Hershel, not sure. Tyreese is a goner for obvious reasons.

Well, it's either him or you-know-who. AWKWARD.

The problem with Glenn is that he's on borrowed time. The comic and show do diverge, but he's already down in one of them.

At first I was like why the fuck are you getting out of the car!?!? Then I re watched it and saw that super hot Daryl isn't the best driver, and ran the car up on a pile of walkers.

Yeah, he oughta stick with the chopper.

I still think they'd have stood a better chance at having a few guys quickly getting out of the car and push it off the bodies while Daryl guns it, then hope back in and head back the way they came.

if they had responded more promptly, they might have been able to pull that off.

Kinda think it's silly Tyrese wasn't bitten though. if he wasn't.

They should make babies together. It's not fair that Glenn is the only one getting any.

if Michonne and Daryl started to breed, the zombie war would soon be over. Their baby army could wipe out the zombie scourge.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Do you think Tyreese managed to avoid being bitten? I need to watch again! :laugh:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do you think Tyreese managed to avoid being bitten? I need to watch again! :laugh:

I don't think they showed a bite, but considering what he hacked his way out of the middle of, I'm not sure how he could reasonably have avoided it. Talk about a stretch -- those things were so thick on him, you couldn't even see him in the middle of the blob and they abandoned him.

I'm okay with Tyreese getting bumped off. He's beginning to irk me whereas you-know-who is finally beginning to grow on me.
Agreed that he couldn't (or shouldn't) have escaped unscathed. It was really peculiar to see him emerging from the trees behind that pair of walkers.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I don't think they are going to kill off Tyreese. One of the writers (? maybe a producer? I am not sure) was on Talking Dead and mentioned that his and Carol's are two of the most in-depth character arcs this season. In the comic, there was a scene where they went into an abandoned gym or something and it was full of walkers and the rest of the party had to leave him there, and at some point when they went back he was just sitting in the middle of a pile of walker bodies that he had taken out with a hammer. I think that was the inspiration for that scene.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Speaking of Talking Dead did anybody else watch that? How about Marilyn Manson's wacky comments? I found it hilarious. My favorite was the one about Carol looking like Jamie Lee Curtis and how that made him think of zombies eating Activia to help with their sluggish digestion or something.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Oh, I forgot to mention that in the scene in the comic where Tyreese kills all those walkers in the gym or whatever it was (I didn't read it, Noah told me about it), when they come back for him and he's cleared out the whole place somebody asks him "what happened?" and he's like "I'm not sure, I don't really remember." So there's some blackout rage issues going on with him.

I like Tyreese but I still miss T-Dogg.