• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Walking Dead- CONTAINS SPOILERS!

MBTI Type
INTJ
What Ivy said.

Also, I think Carl is going to be a remorseless killing machine, not LESS callous than Rick. He hasn't lived enough of his life under the old ways to have as much humanity as Rick does.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
What Ivy said.

Also, I think Carl is going to be a remorseless killing machine, not LESS callous than Rick. He hasn't lived enough of his life under the old ways to have as much humanity as Rick does.

Exactly. I think they've been pretty clear about that in the writing- this is what happens when you grow up in the midst of the aforementioned unspeakable horror.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Also, is anyone else relieved that the writers seem to be giving Michonne's "angry black woman" schtick a rest and are preparing to make her a more psychologically 3-dimensional character?

Yes, but that's not a plight that is unique to Michonne's character. Depth and complexity aren't strong suits of the characters on this show in general.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Apparently after the zombie apocalypse everyone becomes a Tarot card.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, but that's not a plight that is unique to Michonne's character. Depth and complexity aren't strong suits of the characters on this show in general.

True, but her character seemed especially matte to me.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I watched some episodes with my guy friend, and at first I thought I'd hate it because I think the whole zombie idea is stupid; but I ended up kind of liking it. I wonder if they'll end up continuing the human race once the zombies die out. I got my friend from class to tell me why they were finding some zombies without scratches or bite marks, because it had been bugging me since they mentioned it; interesting! I won't spoil it for you.

I'd like to see more shows about an apocalyptic world without zombies, because that is so much more realistic. I mean, it's entirely possible and even probable. I guess that's why they don't show them. They don't want people becoming self sufficient.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
IMO best episode in the season, maybe best in series since the pilot.
Without a doubt, my favorite episode, of all the seasons. Also, I love Michonne, even more now. They should never kill her off. I'll leave it at that (no spoilers).

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Without a doubt, my favorite episode. Also, I love Michonne, even more now.

Me too! I love her.

I think my favorite part (besides Morgan's awesome soliloquy and Michonne and the cat) was when Rick was like "Do you wanna drive? Good, 'cause I see things."

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Me too! I love her.

I think my favorite part (besides Morgan's awesome soliloquy and Michonne and the cat) was when Rick was like "Do you wanna drive? Good, 'cause I see things."
Oh yeah! Loved the dialogue between Rick and Michonne. I'd totally want her with me in a zombie apocalypse. Wonder what type she is? INTJ? I loved her in the comics too, I just hope they don't follow the comic story line with her.

Last night proved that there's so much story to tell, even with few characters. Have you watched any of the webisodes on AMC's website? They're pretty good.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I haven't seen any of the webisodes. I think I may need to check those out.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I saw the first webisode series, involving the bicycle/park zombie from episode one. The clips were short, but poignant. Interestingly, the director of that went on to be more prominently involved in Seasons 2 and 3.

I was happy to hear Rick finally make a joke about himself. He's not completely gone. :)

EffEmDoubleYou said:

He was being portrayed that way, midway through Season 2, but he simply hasn't been written or portrayed that way in the last few episodes. He's not operating as a detached machine. He still expresses strong attachment, and in broader ways than Rick. He didn't know Morgan, for example, but apologized to him on his own initiative, beacuse he felt bad about shooting him. He also risked his life over something broadly sentimental (a picture) of his family, for a little sister he barely knows but who he is attached to. He also interacted with Michonne as a person, not as some kind of guardian getting in his way. Very different from children who have had the attachments/feelings burned out of them... and Carl has already been through probably the biggest traumas he'll experience for the first time. If Rick gets killed, for example, yes, he'll lose his dad; but he's already lost his mom in a far worse way, and had to be the one to cap her. He might have lost his innocence, but Carl is still showing sensitivity and nuance in social interactions, on an almost adult level.

The actor playing Carl is also playing things more warmly, not coldly.

So the progression into "ruthlessness" seems momentarily halted. If the writers want to go in that direction, they need to set up his character differently, and the director needs to direct the actor better to not be so warm.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
He shot Morgan without knowing he had on a vest, and didn't think twice about it until he realized that Morgan was important to his dad. I don't think he's ever going to be completely heartless or ruthless, but "remorseless killing machine"? Yeah, he's on track to be that. He's going to dispense with anyone who is a threat to his core group and it doesn't seem like he's going to dither about it much.

Triforce

MBTI Type
INTJ
Critics:
I found the series to have thin stories. They have no plan, they all run around like headless chickens every single time zombies come, and every single time someone fucks up. And no one rigged anything ever.. for zombie proofing. Like the cars.. They did start to rig the farm as they covered the windows. No one ever thinks about some sort of body armor and swords/spears/spikes. They only use the knifes who are slow close to and risky.

And them lowering a Glenn into the well was pretty stupid.

And that son of Rick.. Carl.. he needs a slap for not letting everyone know where he saw a zombie and being unmannered.

And the series got too much girly drama.. so.. annoying.

Positives.

Ricks gun is awesome. Daryl is awesome. Glenn is cool, And that stupid Andrea who almost shot him is cool.

I hope they find a new farm. Other wise i will continue to "speedread" this series.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not sure where the discussion of the rest of Season 3 is located.

What did people think about the opener for Season 4?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I didn't really like the opener. "It's Raining Zombies" was kind of interesting for a brief moment, but it was all same-old, same-old... up to and including the typical "redshirt" approach to casting.

Oh, except now there might be a plague going around. Wheee.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
I didn't really like the opener. "It's Raining Zombies" was kind of interesting for a brief moment, but it was all same-old, same-old... up to and including the typical "redshirt" approach to casting.

Oh, except now there might be a plague going around. Wheee.

It really makes no sense. Why should the whole building break down right at that moment they are in it? The zombies were at least years up there.
I thought they could have made the opener smarter (maybe I'm just to picky because of Breaking Bad), but I got entertained, so they did well.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It really makes no sense. Why should the whole building break down right at that moment they are in it? The zombies were at least years up there.

I think the suggestion was that the zombies had been up there, but they were all just kind of scattered on the roof. The noise brought them all to one location on the room, increasing the weight load tremendously on a section that already had the downed chopper on it, which meant...

... oh snap, who knows??

That dumbass doc should have just kept his bottle of wine (I guess he had a drinking problem?). In this case, not boozing it up will kill you.

I thought they could have made the opener smarter (maybe I'm just to picky because of Breaking Bad), but I got entertained, so they did well.

There were a number of cute lines / fun zingers, at least.