• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Walking Dead- CONTAINS SPOILERS!

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Did they ever try to corroborate what this kid said with Maggie? --to clarify how well he actually knows her etc.?

Not that I saw...but you'd think Maggie'd have brought that up during the group discussion if she knew him. That, or the writers dropped the ball.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Think we may have another major character death before the end of the season.

My money would be on Herschel.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Think we may have another major character death before the end of the season.

My money would be on Herschel.

Really? Over ever-more-problematic, clearly gonna die in a dramatic stand-off in the season finale Shane?

Also, the farm will probably be overrun either by zombies or other hostile survivors (or both) before the season ends.

F

figsfiggyfigs

Really? Over ever-more-problematic, clearly gonna die in a dramatic stand-off in the season finale Shane?

Also, the farm will probably be overrun either by zombies or other hostile survivors (or both) before the season ends.
Shane is the major source of tension/controversy, why would they kill him off? Besides the previews had him talking about some sort of injury, so that's too obvious.

Maybe it's Herschel's daughter.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Shane is the major source of tension/controversy, why would they kill him off? Besides the previews had him talking about some sort of injury, so that's too obvious.

Maybe it's Herschel's daughter.
He's a stale source of controversy. Controversy tends to come to a head in finales. I'm guessing we'll find a whole new antagonist next season.

F

figsfiggyfigs

He's a stale source of controversy. Controversy tends to come to a head in finales. I'm guessing we'll find a whole new antagonist next season.

The whole show is stale, not just him. I'd love to see Shane gone, but I just think it is too obvious of a kill. If he does end up dying, it is far too expected, proving even more that the show is stale and predictable.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I think Shane's a goner. This is a heavy-handed show, and they've been telegraphing it with Lori's Lady Macbeth act. Not to mention, Shane apparently didn't even live this long in the comics, and I think the actor's been cast in something else.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I think Shane's a goner. This is a heavy-handed show, and they've been telegraphing it with Lori's Lady Macbeth act. Not to mention, Shane apparently didn't even live this long in the comics, and I think the actor's been cast in something else.

You are right that Shane died very, very early in the comics (though, to be fair, Dale died far later and Sophie is still alive I think), and I believe he has been cast in something else. Plus, the show has cast a character for next season called the Governor, and that character is ten times as evil as Shane could ever hope to be.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Pretty much agree with everything that has already been said here about the most recent episode.

As for what may happen in the coming episodes . . . well the preview shows that Randall got loose and is presumably heading back to his group (of course who wouldn't? I mean the politics involved within the group are just terrible; after they fixed his leg and brought him back to the farm, they should have intergrated the kid into the group (reminding him that his 'buddy' left him to die and that the other guys were really dangerous). Of course once he announces that his original group is 30 men strong as well as armed and dangerous, then that does become a different issue entirely).

I predict that someone slightly significant other than Rick will probably die. Seriously anyone could be nocked off at one point or another, but I highly doubt that it's going to be Rick. Anyway, I am very excited for next weeks epsiodes, lots of promising excitment.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Talk is that Shane is a goner, Carl will be the one to kill him and the Governor will be the next controversial character. Also, Jon Bernthal (Shane) has reportedly been cast in TNT's La Noir. Shane's demise would also follow the comic series which I know hasn't been followed to the tee, but so far has been close.

Excellent episode btw! Nail biter, similar to the first season, only better!

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
fSjZN.jpg

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have two questions, exactly how long would it take for a zombie to be completely rotted to bare bones, I mean the zombies have been out in the sun for a while now, does the virus keep them from rotting or slows down the rotting?

And why can't they find more effective and efficient ways to kill off the hordes of zombies, like throwing a propane tank at them, maybe have some fresh meat to attract them to it then somehow having it explode on the zombies.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have two questions, exactly how long would it take for a zombie to be completely rotted to bare bones, I mean the zombies have been out in the sun for a while now, does the virus keep them from rotting or slows down the rotting?

And why can't they find more effective and efficient ways to kill off the hordes of zombies, like throwing a propane tank at them, maybe have some fresh meat to attract them to it then somehow having it explode on the zombies.

Well technically speaking, a zombie apocalypse would never last that long to begin with:

http://www.cracked.com/article_18683_7-scientific-reasons-zombie-outbreak-would-fail-quickly.html

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
LOL, Patches! Poor T-Dog. I have to say, though, he's quickly becoming everyone's favorite character, simply because he hasn't been in the spotlight. It's getting ridiculous, the way the writers are ignoring him.

Excellent questions. It's strange to me that they haven't really explored the actual rules of How Zombies Work much in this show. And the zombie stuff has been backburnered to make room for the Shane/Lori/Rick triangle of boringness.

I guess they're having time move so slowly so that it doesn't seem odd that there are still zombies around. It would be great if they would think of some ideas for the mass-killing of zombies.

We know that when a human dies from a zombie bite, they come back as a zombie, but SPOILER/SPECULATION/RUMOR there is speculation that the doctor told Rick that everyone has the zombie infection within them, and even if you die of natural causes, you come back as a zombie. I think that has borne out with Rick's killing of the Bar Baddies, too. Didn't he make sure he got them in the head? Regardless, in a dangerous world like this one, there would be more zombies created from the survivors. Just not in the hordes that there were from the initial event/virus/whatever.

I do wonder if at some point, most of the zombies from the first wave will have died off, and the focus will shift to encountering the Bad Guy Survivor Types.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4

Well, it depends. Basically it's all up to the zombie creator to sort of make their rules. Even if zombies could exist, how they gain energy, how they rot, etc, implies they'd fall apart after not that long. In the comics and this show (and George Romero's "Dead" series) zombies can pretty much just walk around forever sans food and in in climate conditions. I guess you could take that to imply they were somehow magically reanimated, or some super advanced space-virus we can't understand is to blame or something. Since neither series goes into it (I know the comics never touches what's causing the zombies, they might have said virus at the end of season one of this show), it doesn't really matter. Zombies are fairly illogical on the face of it. Like vampires or Freddy Krueger or whatever, sometimes you just need to go with it for the sake of story.

F

figsfiggyfigs

Hah indeed. Should be fun seeing them get out of this one.
Oh definitely.

It just goes to show how predictable and terrible the writing is by killing Shane off just when the audience expected him to. Although, I am glad that fucker is gone. WHATCHYA GONNA DO NOW ANDREA!!?!?!

I also heard that pictures of zombie Shane were leaked a week before, so there is that. AMC has to get its shit together and find the source of those leaks.

I hope Lori gets bit, turning her and the baby into zombies, leading to death by shotgun. :} <gets excited just thinking about it>

Edit: wait, so do bites ensure death? Or what? I mean, they're already infected, which means that the bite should have no real consequence. . .Unless it gets infected/they bleed out, ultimately dying...

Now, contrary to what all the characters desired, there is no hope for humanity. Everyone is infected, and will birth infected babies, ensuring that zombies will forever be part of the norm.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm confused as to why they're running around taking out zombies, blood and guts flying into their faces willy-nilly, without any facial protection... no bandanas, masks, or goggles. Aren't they afraid of bodily fluid exchange? How clear are the characters supposed to be on the method of infection/transmission?

Vilku

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm confused as to why they're running around taking out zombies, blood and guts flying into their faces willy-nilly, without any facial protection... no bandanas, masks, or goggles. Aren't they afraid of bodily fluid exchange? How clear are the characters supposed to be on the method of infection/transmission?

its called hollywood effect. (you can try to imagine it more realistic if you wish, like.. imagine them never showering, all the rashes that climate + no showering would cause and many other nice beauty destroying effects ^,.~)