• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Walking Dead- CONTAINS SPOILERS!

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I was a bit underwhelmed. I guess it's hard to live up to how breathtaking the last episode it was, so this one seemed dull in comparison.

I also really don't want Hershel to 'come around' and allow them to stay on the farm. I think the show is more interesting when they're on the move. I want them to get going. They can bring Glenn's little squeeze with them. Im also unhappy with the turn Daryl has taken. I liked him turning into 'the hero'.

Indeed; what I noticed about the first season, was that there was always a goal in reach; Rick finding his family, the group finding the CDC, the group traveling to Ft. Benning, etc.; there was always a destination that they needed to reach, and obstacles that stood in the way. I mean staying on a location that the audience knows won't last long for an episode or two is an excellent way to build suspense, but with the farm, all tension has fallen short after too much time being spent there.

Also, I agree about Daryl, although I don't think they're going to turn his character around completely; he's reacting like any normal person would be, frustrated and angry. I'm certain that they'll have him threaten to leave the group and or return to his old self, then probably have him come back at the last moment as a good guy; it's a good way to build suspense.

Well, it was still largely zombie-free, but I have to give them credit - stuff happened. Too much of the time in Season 2, if someone had asked me what happened in a particular episode, I would have stood there trying to remember if anything did.

Yes, at the very least the last ten minutes had me on the edge of my seat with anticipation; despite not having any zmobies, that scene in the bar was probably one of the best scenes in the whole damn series; for the moral implications of what kind of world they live in, if not for the uneasy suspense and tension.

Underwhelming, for sure, except for the last 10 minutes. Lori continues to be utterly useless. Where does she get off ordering everyone in the camp around? I don't like that she's appointed herself the First Lady of the camp because Rick is the leader. LOVED that Daryl called her Olive Oyl. Hilarious.

I liked the actors playing the sleazeballs in the bar, and I liked Rick realizing that he can't be Jimmy Stewart during the Zombie Apocalypse. He has to kill or be killed, and no one gets the benefit of the doubt where supplies and safety are concerned. I like Rick so much more as a badass.

I hope they leave the farm soon, and I wish the car accident meant the end of Lori, but I'm sure all it means is that she'll be annoying and helpless and lost, and they'll spend three episodes wasting resources looking for her.

I agree, I mean it's bad enough that they make her annoying, but who in their right mind reads a map while driving down a secluded road? I can only hope that it adds to the suspense of the next episode, but overall I actually don't care enough about Lori to care about her ultimate fate.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I hope they leave the farm soon, and I wish the car accident meant the end of Lori, but I'm sure all it means is that she'll be annoying and helpless and lost, and they'll spend three episodes wasting resources looking for her.

SPOT ON :rofl1:

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Savage Idealist said:
I agree, I mean it's bad enough that they make her annoying, but who in their right mind reads a map while driving down a secluded road?

I know--I'm really beginning to think that the writers hate Lori, too. I don't think I know a single fan of the show, IRL or online, that likes or sympathizes with her. I think it's half the writing and half the actress.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I know--I'm really beginning to think that the writers hate Lori, too. I don't think I know a single fan of the show, IRL or online, that likes or sympathizes with her. I think it's half the writing and half the actress.

I'd blame it more on the writing; I haven't noticed anything glaring about her acting ability, and I'm certain if she were made to be likable, then she would be a fine character. I mean, she (the actress) doesn't have much to work with outside of being whining and bothersome.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I'd blame it more on the writing; I haven't noticed anything glaring about her acting ability, and I'm certain if she were made to be likable, then she would be a fine character. I mean, she (the actress) doesn't have much to work with outside of being whining and bothersome.

I guess so. It would be nice if we had a few flashbacks to before the zombies, so we could see people being normal and smiling and having a life and interests. The nature of the situation makes everyone 100% angsty all the time, and while that's understandable, it makes the characters less likable. Lori and Dale in particular have exactly one reaction face. I want the characters on this show to be a bit more fleshed-out.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I want the characters on this show to be a bit more fleshed-out.

esqwalkingdeadwalkerzom.jpg

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
To echo what's already been said, the beginning of the episode was largely underwhelming.

What I was really hoping for was that the gunfire from the barn zombie slaughter would (finally) draw zombies to the farm.

Unfortunately that didn't happen, and they just argued and fought about what happened without much really coming of it.

Things picked up when they went to the bar.

I've been waiting for them to cover the hostile humans angle ever since the show started.

It's almost unbelievable that all the people Rick has encountered up to this point have been as nice as they have been.

I'm gonna be pissed if I don't get any zombie action next episode.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Disco Biscuit said:
I've been waiting for them to cover the hostile humans angle ever since the show started.

It's almost unbelievable that all the people Rick has encountered up to this point have been as nice as they have been.

I'm gonna be pissed if I don't get any zombie action next episode.

Word. I'm really surprised they've ignored the conflict with fellow survivors and the competition for resources to this point. Hoping for a lot more of the kind of stuff we saw in the last ten minutes.

Maybe we'll see zombie action when they come out of the woods to eat Lori!!!!111!!!!one!!!

Spoilers from Ausiello for next week (though someone said you could tell this from the previews, which I didn't see.

Question: Anything on The Walking Dead please! —Chrissy

Ausiello: I’ve got bad news for Lori: The zombie that had that unfortunate run-in with her truck still has the use of his legs. And he’s hungry. And he has friends. And… that’s all. He’s hungry and has friends.

F

FigerPuppet

She crashed? I hope she died.

In fact, I hope the entire cast died

- in real life. That's what you get for being in the worst show on TV in terms of wasted potential. I hope an entirely new level of Hell will be created just for the writers of the show. One for the bald woman as well, where she will be beat to death by shades of her relatives every day.

Not_Me

MBTI Type
INTj
Perhaps it will be an expedient way to end the "whose kid is it" storyline. The show needs screaming zombies, not screaming babies.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Underwhelming, for sure, except for the last 10 minutes. Lori continues to be utterly useless. Where does she get off ordering everyone in the camp around? I don't like that she's appointed herself the First Lady of the camp because Rick is the leader. LOVED that Daryl called her Olive Oyl. Hilarious.

I liked the actors playing the sleazeballs in the bar, and I liked Rick realizing that he can't be Jimmy Stewart during the Zombie Apocalypse. He has to kill or be killed, and no one gets the benefit of the doubt where supplies and safety are concerned. I like Rick so much more as a badass.

Yes, pretty much all of this. I doubt Lori will die, even though the dude on Talking Dead outright said she dies. Then the host (I can't remember anyone's name) said, "He's just kidding". We'll have to wait and see.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Watching now...whoa, this is actually a really solid episode so far! Supposedly this is the first episode of the series that is completely the work of the new showrunners and writing team. It's promising.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Now that's what I'm talking about! Well worth watching last night! Lori was even tolerable, though irl I doubt she'd have made it out alive. Any thoughts on what they should have done with the impaled dude?

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Don't know if it makes me a horrible person or not, but in the scene with the impaled dude, I was thinking they should have just put a bullet in his brain. Safer than sticking around while zombies are swarming the place to attempt to saw his leg off (and even if it worked, sawing his leg off leaves him dead meat in the future. Hello, zombie apocalypse?) and kinder than leaving him to get torn to pieces.
In other news, the writers have now taken it upon themselves to drive Glenn and Daryl, the only characters that I liked, off a cliff. Goddamn. It was such a promising first half hour of the episode, too!

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
It would have been hard for me to put a bullet in his brain, but then, it'd have been hard for me to yank his leg off the iron fence, too! I'm surprised Herschel didn't shoot the guy whose face was getting eaten off, to spare him further pain. I guess he didn't want to make himself a target.

Lori was much better last night! I hope Carol and Daryl are just forging a friendship and not a romance.

They are totally making Glenn suck. I don't like Maggie anymore.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Good episode! Plenty of zombies, plenty of non-zombie action, and another moral dilemma. All the stuff the show does best. My take on the guy stuck on the fence is that I'd have put a bullet in his head. They risked their lives and used up a LOT of ammunition to take a chance on saving him, and in their situation, a guy with one leg doesn't have a very long life expectancy anyway. I think in the bleak zombie apocalypse world, the sanctity of life would probably take a hit based on the miserable quality of life. I think scenarios like this would be treated similarly to keeping the elderly alive only to lay in hospital beds. The value of life also comes into play in this episode with the argument Glenn and Maggie had. Glenn thinks that being in love is making him soft, but in this world, what do you have to live for but love? It's not like you can have a fulfilling career or material wealth or anything else besides love that people strive for. It's like refusing to eat because it will make you sleepy and unable to guard your food.

It looks like the new writers have a totally different take on Lori. Which is good, since she was pretty insufferable. They seem to have injected a bit of Lady Macbeth into her - that last scene where she's talking to Rick was great.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yep, overall that was a really great episode. Good job Walking Dead writing staff, keep it up.

However, there were several things that bothered me; the scene with Carl inquiring whether the baby is a boy or girl and then wanted it named Sphia if it is a girl, dear god was that cheesy and probably unnecesary; they made Glen a coward, which overall worsens his character a bit, but hopefully he'll make up for it and eventually build up his courage as well as actually cementing his relationship with the farm chick.

There were at least a few other annoying aspects, but I'm not going to gripe about all of them given that the episode was enjoyable.

93JC

Presumably you watched this week's episode and loved that Andrea called out Lori for being a selfish, bossy cow? ;)

I didn't really start watching the show until a couple weeks ago, when I bought the first season Blu-rays and watched the first half of the second season in a Sunday marathon on AMC. I think if you watch them back-to-back-to-back you get a very different sense of how the narrative works, vs. watching one episode every week. They all flow quite well. There's always a new predicament, a new motivation, a new revelation, etc. to keep the story advancing.

A lot of you seem to have been very annoyed at the first half of the second season ("The Walking Dead II: The Search for Sophia") because of a lack of "zombie apocalypse action". I don't get it! That's what separates The Walking Dead from the rest of the zombie productions ever done before! A zombie TV show has the freedom to explore characters to a depth and length you couldn't possibly do in a movie. The point of the show IS the human interactions and the shifts in motivations and alliances and petty politics and arguments and all that crap. It's exploring what people would do in that situation. The zombies are the backdrop, not the point.