User Tag List

First 567891757 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 574

  1. #61
    Senior Member The Outsider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    2,425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    What's so bad about it?
    I like the direction work and cinematography, but the writing is just so unbearable.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    I'm tired of the kids in general, but I thought Sophia's actress did a heck of a job being a zombie.
    I agree, I really enjoyed the ending.

  2. #62
    unscannable Tigerlily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    5,936

    Default

    Yeah, Glenn and maybe his gf can stay. Zombie Sophia was awesome. Too bad she was shot in the head.

    Uggg, and the dude that hosts Talking Dead is sooo annoying!!
    Time is a delicate mistress.

  3. #63
    XES 5231311252's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Socionics
    LII
    Posts
    450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    Now that I think about it, why was everyone so concerned about the walkers in the barn? The barn itself was strong enough to hold all of them and there seemed to be little chance of them escaping; you'd think thr group would act a little more rationally about the whole ordeal.
    When I look back at the ones just aching to kill off the walkers in the barn, they are the ones with the least amount of rational thinking present. And it kind of makes sense, since weaker individuals are prone to sniveling under more alpha male/aggressive type individuals like Shane.

    Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    no kidding.

    As much as I dislike Shane, I completely agree with him. I would've done the same. I would've told Herhsal he forgoes ownership when there is no longer enforced and established law.
    Well then Shane (possibly you) is lucky to be challenging someone like Hershal and not someone like the Governor.
    “'Fuck', I think. What a beautiful word. If I could say only one thing for the rest of my life, that would be it.”

  4. #64
    figsfiggyfigs
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 5231311252 View Post

    Well then Shane (possibly you) is lucky to be challenging someone like Hershal and not someone like the Governor.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, because I tend to fast forward A LOT during each episode, but was there ever a Governor character?
    Anyways, what I meant, is that after the breakout, there was no longer any law, or people to establish it, everyone made camp where they could and knew they'd have a better chance of survival. I'm surprised the group(to be fair, not all of them knew) was so hunky-dory about Hershel and his demands, especially when the other option is to continue moving about in the danger.. I understand the value of civility and team work, but, to walk out because someone "told you so" is absurd.
    This is why I support Shane's decision to open the barn and kill them all. Danger should not voluntarily be allowed to exist in your home, especially if you can help it.

  5. #65
    Emerging Tallulah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    6,028

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, because I tend to fast forward A LOT during each episode, but was there ever a Governor character?
    Anyways, what I meant, is that after the breakout, there was no longer any law, or people to establish it, everyone made camp where they could and knew they'd have a better chance of survival. I'm surprised the group(to be fair, not all of them knew) was so hunky-dory about Hershel and his demands, especially when the other option is to continue moving about in the danger.. I understand the value of civility and team work, but, to walk out because someone "told you so" is absurd.
    This is why I support Shane's decision to open the barn and kill them all. Danger should not voluntarily be allowed to exist in your home, especially if you can help it.
    There's a Governor character in the comics, apparently, who is more sadistic.

    I agree with Shane's decision to shoot the barn zombies...but then, even I'm a little torn. This band SHOULD move on. They wouldn't be there if not for their own stupidity and Hershel's kindness. Rick is a man of honor, not to mention law and order. Shane's probably the only one at this point who might decide to just take over Hershel's farm by force, and he would have to have backup. I definitely get that the rules would change regarding land ownership after the ZA, but Hershel and his family made plans for self-sufficiency. These are just a bunch of dumb opportunists. I'd have a serious problem with them taking the farm by force, especially after Hershel saved the stupid kid and has fed and housed them. Daryl found that abandoned house where the roses were growing--they can find another like that.

    It also always bothered me the level of guilt Otis had for shooting Carl and him being the sacrificial lamb. He didn't mean to shoot Carl; Carl shouldn't have been there in the first place. He shot a deer. And then took Carl to the house out of the kindness of his heart. He didn't owe them anything, nor did Hershel. I kind of find Hershel's group more sympathetic than our heroes in some regards, even though Hershel is in denial about the zombies being sick.
    Something Witty

  6. #66
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, because I tend to fast forward A LOT during each episode, but was there ever a Governor character?
    Damn, why bother watching?

  7. #67
    Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,312

    Default

    Personally, I disagree with shooting the zombies in the barn. It's Hershel's land, Hershel's rule. I think if the group wanted to settle down like that, there are plenty of farmhouses with wide open fields, I'm sure. They should move on and find a piece of land, work together to fence it off, and get some sustainable food sources going. Granted, that probably wouldn't make for a very entertaining or dramatic show. But from where Rick is standing... If he wants to settle down like that because of his wife... He has 9 months to find his own place.

    If they wanted to stay there and were uncomfortable about the barn, they should have reinforced it. Make the walls thicker, put another fence around it, etc.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

    ~

  8. #68
    reborn PeaceBaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx
    Posts
    6,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    I'm just tired of most of this cast, and I feel like the writers aren't writing people--they're writing DRAMA and SITUATIONS. but they're not doing it well.
    ...
    I can't even be mad at characters for choices they make, b/c it doesn't feel like they're people making flawed choices. It seems like they're pawns of stupid writers.
    Agreed. I was willing to forgive the first season's "people awkwardness" in favor of the positive elements of the show.

    BUT ... this season is just making me want to change the channel.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt


    "When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

  9. #69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    As much as I dislike Shane, I completely agree with him. I would've done the same. I would've told Herhsal he forgoes ownership when there is no longer enforced and established law.
    Ahhh, no!

    Enforced law isn't a yoke we'd throw off in an apocalypse, it's something that was established to codify existing ideas about right and wrong. Lack of enforcement shouldn't mean that there isn't any more right or wrong. Without that we might as well just lay down and let the walkers eat us, because we'd be done as a species. I'd have no issue with popping someone who suggested what you think Shane should do. That may sound hypocritical, but frontier justice is better than no justice.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

    Johari
    /Nohari

  10. #70
    figsfiggyfigs
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    Ahhh, no!

    Enforced law isn't a yoke we'd throw off in an apocalypse, it's something that was established to codify existing ideas about right and wrong. Lack of enforcement shouldn't mean that there isn't any more right or wrong. Without that we might as well just lay down and let the walkers eat us, because we'd be done as a species. I'd have no issue with popping someone who suggested what you think Shane should do. That may sound hypocritical, but frontier justice is better than no justice.
    Making sure you stay safe by establishing a safe haven, even if others are reluctant to allow it to happen, does not mean right and wrong will no longer exist. I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sure if I had a group that large, and we found such a great farm, I'd do everything I could to guarantee that me and my people get to stay there. Of course, it would be a first measure to use a strategy where it could be seen as a win-win, rather than a hostile take over.


    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Damn, why bother watching?
    Because I am curious as to how it all plays out.


    Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    There's a Governor character in the comics, apparently, who is more sadistic.

    I agree with Shane's decision to shoot the barn zombies...but then, even I'm a little torn. This band SHOULD move on. They wouldn't be there if not for their own stupidity and Hershel's kindness. Rick is a man of honor, not to mention law and order. Shane's probably the only one at this point who might decide to just take over Hershel's farm by force, and he would have to have backup. I definitely get that the rules would change regarding land ownership after the ZA, but Hershel and his family made plans for self-sufficiency. These are just a bunch of dumb opportunists. I'd have a serious problem with them taking the farm by force, especially after Hershel saved the stupid kid and has fed and housed them. Daryl found that abandoned house where the roses were growing--they can find another like that.

    It also always bothered me the level of guilt Otis had for shooting Carl and him being the sacrificial lamb. He didn't mean to shoot Carl; Carl shouldn't have been there in the first place. He shot a deer. And then took Carl to the house out of the kindness of his heart. He didn't owe them anything, nor did Hershel. I kind of find Hershel's group more sympathetic than our heroes in some regards, even though Hershel is in denial about the zombies being sick.
    I completely understand Hershel's position, and I understand the demands he is making by asking them to leave. I don't blame him at all, I think it is the smart thing to do for himself and his family, especially since how he thinks is so different from the other group. The longer they stay, the more authority they feel they've gained, the less he has.
    They are a bunch of opportunities, which is why I am surprised they didn't just take over the barn. I think the fact that Hershel saved Carl and gave them a place to stay is the only reason they're respecting his wishes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    Personally, I disagree with shooting the zombies in the barn. It's Hershel's land, Hershel's rule. I think if the group wanted to settle down like that, there are plenty of farmhouses with wide open fields, I'm sure. They should move on and find a piece of land, work together to fence it off, and get some sustainable food sources going. Granted, that probably wouldn't make for a very entertaining or dramatic show. But from where Rick is standing... If he wants to settle down like that because of his wife... He has 9 months to find his own place.

    If they wanted to stay there and were uncomfortable about the barn, they should have reinforced it. Make the walls thicker, put another fence around it, etc.
    Well think of the way they're going out and looking for walkers to catch. It is extremely retarded that they'd even bother staying and helping, if that is what the cost is. The best option for them now is to move on, which is what I suspect the writers will do. I don't think they'll have them take over the land, because the audience won't react to kindly to it.

Similar Threads

  1. Which of the walking dead tv shows are better and why?
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-15-2017, 03:28 PM
  2. The Walking Dead
    By ItsAlwaysSunny in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 06-13-2017, 06:45 AM
  3. Fear the Walking Dead
    By Totenkindly in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 09-19-2016, 10:03 AM
  4. The Walking Dead
    By Elfboy in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-04-2014, 06:44 PM
  5. Telltale's "The Walking Dead" Game, SPOILERS
    By Totenkindly in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-07-2014, 11:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO