User Tag List

First 848565758

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Season 7 just started streaming on Netflix about a week ago. I watched the whole thing over the weekend. Overall, I agree with @Totenkindly that the show isn't as good as it used to be......Another thing - I know their relationship is old news, but I still don't like Rick and Michonne together. It ruined Michonne's character.

SpaceCadetGoldStarBrigade Population: 1's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I just revisited the first episode. Man what a difference. Something definitely was lost when they got rid of Frank Darabont. The entire atmosphere changes when that cinematic feel is gone. A lessening of scope I guess. You obviously forget that after seasons without it but revisit that first season and you’ll rediscover it.
    To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity. Douglas Adams

As per orders of the No likes experiment I am not liking posts for the duration.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Population: 1 View Post
    I just revisited the first episode. Man what a difference. Something definitely was lost when they got rid of Frank Darabont. The entire atmosphere changes when that cinematic feel is gone. A lessening of scope I guess. You obviously forget that after seasons without it but revisit that first season and you’ll rediscover it.
    I liked first season a lot.

I thought there was dead space in season 2 (trapped on the farm), but there was also some great stuff in there... and Shane's arc is pretty classic. Esp in the episode where he and Otis make a run for supplies and it's handled as flashbacks... just great TV. It also showed some balls from a writing POV.

I think things soured for me sometime during Season 3 after the birth of Judith. Rick goes insane and passively wanders around nutjobbing things, and the series didn't really seem to know what it wanted to be, and the Governor stuff just wasn't nearly as good as they pretended it to be. (And, well, also the ruination of Andrea as a character... gawd.)

Since then, it's simply been some decent moments interspersed with as much crap/fluff/aimless junk and an occasional character murder. Any time it feels like things might go somewhere, the next episode typically derails it.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes Population: 1 liked this post

This show is only good binge watched, otherwise there is a terrible narrative flow if you're watching weekly. It kills any sense of pacing. And in general I think they do a terrible job of conveying the time passed and the pace.
    Likes Totenkindly liked this post