First 5455354555657 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Anaximander View Post
    I think they're a weaker group who've been under Negan's foot until now. It's looking like they're going with the alliance thing they did in the graphic novels, hilltop/Alexandria/kingdom vs saviours in season 7. They veered away from the comics a lot in the early seasons, but it seems like the writers have really steered it back toward the comic storyline lately.

I haven't read them either (only up to where Shane dies, which happens earlier in the comic), but I've picked up tidbits from wikis and elsewhere.
    The impression I get is that Negan's deal is so bad that no one really has opted for it except to avoid extinction.

If there was a way they could join forces to have simply enough manpower and firepower to take out the Saviors, then it would be in everyone's common interest to do so.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

For about 5 seconds, I thought Negan was Robert Downey, Jr. I thought, holy shit, how'd they get RDJ to do this?
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.

MBTI
    xNTJ
    Enneagram
    584 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Honestly, I can't hate Negan because of Jeffrey Dean Morgan. He is too awesome.

The writers, on the other hand, are the real villains.
    CHOOSE THE PATH THEY'LL NEVER TAKE

5w4 8w9 4w3 sx/sp/so

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by cosmic royal View Post
    Honestly, I can't hate Negan because of Jeffrey Dean Morgan. He is too awesome.
    Well, it's Lucille (in Negan's words) who "is awesome."

But yeah, totes. Morgan was great, and the writers should be tossed into the zombie pit for this one.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    xNTJ
    Enneagram
    584 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Bellflower View Post
    Well, it's Lucille (in Negan's words) who "is awesome."

But yeah, totes. Morgan was great, and the writers should be tossed into the zombie pit for this one.
    OK, fine, Lucille is a great weapon. It definitely struck fear in the hearts of the survivors.

Initially, I was annoyed by Morgan's "All life is precious" philosophy. Especially when he refused to kill that Wolf member. Now he's one of the redeeming qualities of the show. I swear, almost all the characters are so OOC this season.
    CHOOSE THE PATH THEY'LL NEVER TAKE

5w4 8w9 4w3 sx/sp/so
    Likes Totenkindly liked this post

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Well, as expected, now everyone is looking at whose filming schedule is committed to other projects in the next 6-12 months in order to figure out who got killed at the end of Season 6. Of course, one of the candidates seems to be booked solid on other projects. The whole thing was handled piss-poorly regardless. They should have just told the story rather than trying to drag things out between seasons, they could have nailed it and lost perspective.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Well, the opener is tonight, in about 1.5 hours here on the East Coast USA.

I'd rather watch HBO's "Westworld" which airs simultaneously (and I have them both on DCR record), but I'll end up watching this because there's no way I'll be able to avoid spoilers. I expected news of the dead character(s) from the first few minutes to be all over Twitter and Facebook as it happens.

I did find a copy of the uncensored season ender. That was rather amusing, and Most Creative Variations on the F Bomb that I've heard since Goodfellas or The Commitments.

My thoughts:
    1. Glenn OR Daryl
    2. Glenn AND Maggie
    3. Glenn AND Abraham

Out of everyone there, the only ones not really cowed were Abraham, Michonne, and maybe Daryl (although he's pretty badly hurt). I love those guys; even in the face of this, they are not shaken or shocked. Bassassery.

I can easily see Abraham (if he's not the first victim) to decide to take out Negan even knowing he's going to die in the process. He's kind of made peace with himself, and it's just his style; he hates all the bullshit.

Sorry Glenn. I love ya, but if you walk out this tonight alive.... well, a lot of people are going to lose their stake money.

(as a side note, the show will take yet another shot to its credibility if they kill Sasha, Rosita, or Aaron instead; talk about a gutless choice by the writers. Eugene might be in that group as well.)

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Well.

That sucked. I feel sick.

EDIT: All that being said, it's probably one of the best episodes of the entire series. I don't think the tone was ever off, and the episode just built, and built, and built. At least they nailed it.

With Carl:

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    LSE Si

I haven't watched Walking Dead since after the jail arc with Mayor.

Was flipping through channels and I watched
    get rekt.

RIP
    The last relatable character to ever appear on the Walking Dead since the first wave of writers left
    MBTI: Te = Ne > Ni = Si > Se > Fi > Fe > Ti
    Enneagram: 2w3 - 8w7 - 7w8 (The Humanitarian) | sx/so/sp
    Zodiac: Aries-Taurus Cusp Sun, Scorpio Moon, Gemini Rising
    Holland Code: Enterprising > Social > Artistic = Conventional = Investigative > Realistic
    Temperaments: Sanguine = Choleric > Melancholic > Phlegmatic
    Potter House: Slytherin
    Johari · Private Blog · Nohari

The MBTI Test Test Status: Phase One

Nice fake out. Saw it coming but it still hurt.