User Tag List

First 3435152535455 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Season 1 Episode 1: Lies, Lies, and More Lies (+ Horsing Around)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

I hate the comic book version of the walking dead. I think I got up to 125#

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

@EffEmDoubleyou
    (spoiler from tonight, so... read after you watch)

-----

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

@Jennifer

Yep, I was right on that one, but I wish I weren't!

This episode got me excited for the finale. So many questions. I have to believe we'll see what "W" means (possibly by Rick becoming one). I wonder if our group will choose up sides or if Michonne will be alone. Or if Rick will simply come to his senses. Deanna's behavior is the most confusing. I can't believe that she believes the dude that got Noah killed (can't remember his name), yet she's acting like she does.

I like this half-season, because I have absolutely no idea what's going to happen in the finale.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari
    Likes Ivy, Totenkindly liked this post

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    @Jennifer

Yep, I was right on that one, but I wish I weren't!

This episode got me excited for the finale. So many questions. I have to believe we'll see what "W" means (possibly by Rick becoming one). I wonder if our group will choose up sides or if Michonne will be alone. Or if Rick will simply come to his senses. Deanna's behavior is the most confusing. I can't believe that she believes the dude that got Noah killed (can't remember his name), yet she's acting like she does.

I like this half-season, because I have absolutely no idea what's going to happen in the finale.
    I don't either. I have no freaking clue. Which, yes, is pretty exciting.

My best guess with Deanna is that she's suffering typical diplomatic uncertainties. Her natural instinct is to make everyone happy and cobble out an agreement... but it looks less and less like that strategy will work, and she's trying to avoid any large commitments in action that are irrevocable in nature. Perpetual negotiator, she wants the best-case scenario that makes the most people happy, and .... so far all her half-measures have just allowed things to get worse.

(She was willing to let Pete beat his family as long as the damage wasn't permanent, because the community needed a doctor, for example. She rebels against taking severe irrevocable actions with huge consequences. Maybe she even was thinking the best of him, thinking he might rise to the occasion if she just gave him time... and why lose the surgeon if he might come around?)

of course, she just lost her son. Even if he was an idiot, he was still her child. And despite his ineptitude, he was alive until Rick and company showed up, and now he's dead. Emotions can override sensibility. I think it would have made more sense for the husband to go out and burn the letter from Carol, tbh; i could see that. While she just sits there in uncertainty. Oh well. She's still a wild card, but I think she will (on some level) push for Rick to be exiled since the group staying is-as seems untenable; or maybe she will just allow things to go that way because it's the consensus and she's going to help shape it.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Interview (brief) with Danai Gurira (aka Michonne). They were pretty shameless in trying to get her to spoiler the finale, but she dodged all their inquiries along those lines and only really talked about the most recent episode.

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/s/walki...183118215.html

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

*Much of what was said here.

PS. I hope you guys watched until after the credits. There was a short scene with Michonne + another snippet back at the loading docks. The Michonne scene parallels a scene from a few episodes back... but with a significantly different ending and I think one that spells a shift in atmosphere in alexandria.

MBTI
    INTp

Yep, I also felt pretty much the same way as the reviewer. My eye's were seriously rolling when dumb ass preacher man left the gate open. I also couldn't believe they let him live at the end, nor that Glen let that other guy off the hook again. I guess it's all part of the plan to keep a few sods around that the viewers love to hate.

The wolves seemed a bit underwhelming too. It seems odd that guy would have an empty gun. Does that mean the whole wolves camp is unarmed (I assume said camp exists out there somewhere)? And why does it seem like anybody from Rick and the gang are under constant threat from walkers when they go wandering about the countryside, but these two wolf guys seem to be able to wander around with impunity and rig up sophisticated zombie traps with nothing more than a couple of machetes?

A bit disappointing as far as a season finale goes. Seemed like more of a set up for the next season than a wrap up of the current season. It was OK though.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Well, the boxcar trap is explained (however briefly) at the end, because otherwise it wouldn't make much sense. I just don't really get why they do it or what it's for, it seems rather a stupid waste of time for them.

After the finale, I went and looked at the equivalent comic book synopsis and it seems they actually played it pretty close to home. The genders are switched for the leader (it's Deanna and Reg in the show, Donald and Regina in the comic), but it looks like the show actually followed the book in that resolution. So I guess the finale wasn't much of a surprise to the book readers.

tyreese loses his marbles. i blame the zombie apocalypse