User Tag List

First 2425051525354 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

After watching last night's episode,
    “If you worry about what might be, and wonder what might have been, you will ignore what is.” -anonymous

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Eluded_One View Post
    After watching last night's episode,

---

"Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    So I'm not even sure what assumptions you are making here, you seem to just be purely cynical lately about anything that happens.
    “If you worry about what might be, and wonder what might have been, you will ignore what is.” -anonymous

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Anyone else think Deanna resembles Captain Janeway? Very impressed with Steven Yuen's emoting after the incident.

Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.
    Likes Totenkindly liked this post

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    Anyone else think Deanna resembles Captain Janeway? Very impressed with Steven Yuen's emoting after the incident.
    Yuen was pretty good -- some of the best acting I've seen from him throughout the series esp in terms of facial emoting without having to say much.

EDIT: Oh yeah:

Last edited by Bellflower; 03-17-2015 at 09:45 AM.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

This Alexandria plot is by far my favorite development in the show since maybe Season 1. It feels like a breath of fresh air - the exact opposite of the slog that was the farm or the prison. I love the idea of the group having to tame itself to fit in and yet keep the animal edge they've developed from all their time in the field.

This last episode in particular was perhaps the most emotionally grueling and physically gruesome of the entire series for me. I felt for Noah in a way I didn't even feel for Tyrese when he died, even though I liked Tyrese so much more as a character. They simply bungled his death. The way they lingered on both deaths was a trial to watch, and carried emotional heft.

My worthless prediction is that in the finale, a member or members of our group will decide to stay and take the side of Alexandria in the inevitable showdown, leading to the first time our group will be fighting itself, kind of like the Civil War. The resulting death will be horrifying.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari
    Likes Ivy, Totenkindly liked this post

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Do you have any suspicions about who that character might be?
    (Well, aside from Gabriel, who is a threat to no one.)

I think the whole Gabriel thing was more stunning because in this very same episode we see Rick's group exuding goodness compared to the Alexandriates. To the audience, it comes off as a huge misrepresentation that could have horrific results considering Glenn's group is coming home decimated and without Aiden. The reality is that Rick's group are not TAME lions, but they're very loyal, very good lions. They don't leave their people behind, so once you're in their family, they are all willing to die to protect you and vice versa. (Here Glenn almost died for Aiden, for example, after Nicholas ran... and they're still in the process of integrating.) Meanwhile, the Alexandrites are very much "survival of the not-weakest" -- they seem to abandon people at the drop of a hat even when the risk is not great and have no courage or skill at survival.

So it's jaw-dropping that you watch the group risk their lives (and get killed) to save Alexandriates throughout this episode, yet then get broadly tarred by Gabriel... and circumstances are such that his charges could generate enough suspicion and anxiety to create the very kind of destructive divisive conflict that Gabriel thinks he is heading off.

And now I'm wondering why they have such a stockpile and why it is rationed so severely. It could just be that they suck at supply runs. But there's something that Deanna isn't telling them, and it's why she took the risk in the first place of integrating them so they all might view each other as one community (although it hasn't gone as planned and there is still a strong us/them view). She wants them around for something.

Likes Tellenbach liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Do you have any suspicions about who that character might be?
    (Well, aside from Gabriel, who is a threat to no one.)
    Well, Michonne makes the most sense, because her character has always been the one pushing hardest for a "home". But I really don't think they're gonna kill her off (as foolish as saying that about any character in this show is.) So my guess is Sasha. It's just a vibe I get.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INTp

I enjoyed the episode but mainly because I figured we'd be in a couple of episode lull until a big season finale blow out. So I was pleasantly surprised to see a couple of red shirts go down (well, Noah might be considered a pink shirt I guess, he was sort of established but kind of expendable).

Preacher man already was easy to dislike (I don't like any of the characters I perceive to be whiny losers, although I am OK with Eugene since he's so upfront about it) so now yeah, everybody's going to hate him. Speculating now whether he will get his comeuppance in the finale or live to antagonize viewers next season.

I'm enjoying the season since I can't anticipate where it's going - does the gang get expelled from Alexandria or take over? I'm discounting an outside threat for now, but there is still the teaser relating to that other outsider kid who goes over the wall. So an attack from an outside group could still manifest as some sort of bonding event (i.e. if the gang saves Alexandria after a divide between them and the residents springs up).

Insert Snarky Quip Here Stigmata's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

*see Gabriel and Noah on-screen together within the first five minutes of the episode*

"Uh oh, this isn't going to end well. The theory of two hungers"

*30 minutes later*

"Yep. Saw that coming..."