User Tag List

First 404849505152 Last

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Jarlaxle View Post
    Is there someone who got separated from the group who can still be alive? It's getting difficult to keep track...
    There's always the guy from the pilot, who found the letter at the church.
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Yeah, that's morgan.

--------

Looks like Aaron's got some other skills.

"Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Habba View Post
    Latest episode was another borefest. Suddenly they are all out of food and water. They also suddenly became very tired. We are shown how tough the world has become. I wouldn't if it was 5th season already!

And now they met some guy who seems to be doing fine, a little too fine. They probably have a community with strict rules. Rick will clash with the leader. That's my prediction.
    The episodes needed a change of pace other than another shoot-out or losing a cast member. Now and then, an episode goes into "quiet and reflective" mode, with themes from foraging to team drama. I agree that it wasn't exciting, but if you're looking for constant action, you would think you would find it in a zombie apocalyptic soap opera. If you subtract the zombies, what do you really get in the end?

My favorite scene in last episode was when the group kept walking down the road ignoring the zombies a few yards behind them. Tired and exhausted, you didn't know which group is really the walking dead, the zombies or survivors. Later when they reached the barn, Rick pointed out a war story, symbolic of the previous scene, that in order to survive, you have to put it in your head that you've been long dead before you truly die. This is the first time in the show any character phrased "the walking dead" as part of a sentence.
    “If you worry about what might be, and wonder what might have been, you will ignore what is.” -anonymous

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Last night (S5E11?): Interesting episode. It establishes Aaron's character a bit more.

Again, another episode where you're on edge much of the time wondering if something is going to go down. Also, Rick's responses might seem a bit over the top, except if you're a long-time watcher you can recall that inevitably EVERY ONE of these opprtunities has gone bad. In that sense, his response seems entirely natural.... and Carol backs him up on that.

Also good to see some members of the group speaking up more with their opinions.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes Ivy liked this post

MBTI
    INTp

I found the episode a bit confusing. I think they stretched out the attempt to build tension a bit too much. I didn't like how the RV just disappeared when they hit the zombie pack (so they just cut and ran?). And then the writers completely gloss over how the RV troupe found the guys partner and how they all reconvened in that warehouse place.

Finally, they play the sounds of laughing children outside the gates, but the "next week's episode" trailer shows no sign of any community members. The place looks empty in all the clips. WTF? Was everybody hearing things?

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by SensEye View Post
    Finally, they play the sounds of laughing children outside the gates, but the "next week's episode" trailer shows no sign of any community members. The place looks empty in all the clips. WTF? Was everybody hearing things?
    Add the fact that none of the photographs showed any either, and the one that was supposed to be a group photo just happened to not come out right...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I predict the episodic death forecast based on the proximity of black males surrounding each other; As soon as I saw Tyreese and Noah sitting next to each other in the car, I knew this wasn't going to end well.

Also, how come T-Dog didn't get some pretentious, overly drawn-out death montage prior to him officially biting the bullet.

He may of been a minor, throwaway character on the stage, but he was always number one in our hearts...

my prediction for this new development: after everyone gets acclimated to the community, someone from the group is going to be exiled which will force the remainder of the group to decide if they're going to stay or leave with their "family."

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    I predict the episodic death forecast based on the proximity of black males surrounding each other; As soon as I saw Tyreese and Noah sitting next to each other in the car, I knew this wasn't going to end well.

Also, how come T-Dog didn't get some pretentious, overly drawn-out death montage prior to him officially biting the bullet.

He may of been a minor, throwaway character on the stage, but he was always number one in our hearts...
    speaking of race, i get the subtle impression there may be a white supremacist undertone in this community. i haven't seen any non-white citizens in their little town and they supposedly exiled people who didn't fit in. i wouldn't be surprised if they try to get rid of glenn, michone, noah and any other non-white members. the leader said that she is amazed people in rick's family who come from so many different backgrounds are able to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by SensEye View Post
    I saw the "listen to the news" comment in a different way. Not to learn about how horrible the world is, but to be informed/involved in order to enable him to participate as a contributing member of society. And I think this upbringing was conflicting him now that the world had gone to hell (he was tired of living, but felt an obligation to carry on to support the group).
    This is exactly what I thought. He was brought up to face horror, not shy away from it and not take the easy path. That's why he had such trouble getting to the point of being able to let go, and that's why his decision to stop listening at the end is so important.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Alexandra Breckenridge ! !!