User Tag List

First 36444546474856 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

This season has been a return to form. I've thoroughly enjoyed it. I checked out a little bit during the Governor seasons (I think Rick's mental breakdown was the last compelling thing I remember before that) but this has been way more realistic and affecting, IMO.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

^^ I agree that, whatever my issues with certain plots, this season (and the latter half of season 4) has been one of the best. Gimple might overall be the best showrunner so far.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes Ivy liked this post

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

That's how I scanned Daryl as well (last paragraphs):

https://gma.yahoo.com/walking-dead-c...lebrities.html

The question of Daryl Dixon's sexuality on "The Walking Dead" has been a hotbed topic for quite a while.

... “I can make it official, Daryl Dixon is actually straight," Kirkman said.

He added that Daryl Dixon, played by Norman Reedus, is "somewhat asexual on the show" and that his introverted persona is probably his appeal to viewers.

...“I think he’s a virgin in my opinion,” Nicotero told "Nightline." “I don’t think Daryl has ever been close enough with anyone to have sex so I always imagined that he’s a shy 12-year-old kid who doesn't know how to handle the emotions that he has but has feelings for people on the show that he is close to but I never really imagined one way or the other that he’s had sex.”

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    ^^ I agree that, whatever my issues with certain plots, this season (and the latter half of season 4) has been one of the best. Gimple might overall be the best showrunner so far.
    Thirded. It's been a pretty entertaining season so far despite a few slow episodes.

A minor gripe about the episode is when Preacher had to get all stupid and go walkabout as a plot device to wreck the church as a safe place. I grow weary of "somebody has a major brain cramp" as the best thing the writers can come up when they need a reason to push the group out of a safe place. Just have them move on (for food/water/whatever) rather than have somebody just blow it (again).

Hey, and I've no Glen hate this season so far. Kudos for that.
    Likes Totenkindly liked this post

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by SensEye View Post
    A minor gripe about the episode is when Preacher had to get all stupid and go walkabout as a plot device to wreck the church as a safe place. I grow weary of "somebody has a major brain cramp" as the best thing the writers can come up when they need a reason to push the group out of a safe place. Just have them move on (for food/water/whatever) rather than have somebody just blow it (again).
    I happened to run across this online, but apparently Gabriel "didn't believe the story about the cannibals" and I guess just thought the deaths in the church were needless hostility. ["How stupid IS he?" was my response to reading that.] But yeah, he was going to the school apparently to check on the story... and found a little bit of Bob, which confirmed the rest. So then he realized it WAS all true, that humanity was depraved, and that the world was truly changed, and now he needs to change with it.

Or something like that.

Otherwise it came across to me like you said.

Hey, and I've no Glen hate this season so far. Kudos for that.
    haha. Well, we've still come a long way since Glenn was used as Walker-bait in Herschel's well...

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

New show news:

TWD spinoff/pre/simultaneous arc has been cast. Cliff Curtis is a lead, woo-hoo...! I think he'll do decently.

https://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/-...202656211.html

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

... It was all a dream, apparently. Or at least if a petition works as planned.

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/walking-de...202955048.html

Die-hard fans of AMC's The Walking Dead have launched a Change.org petition to bring Emily Kinney's sweet and beloved character back to the zombie drama — and more than 30,000 people have joined the cause.... The petition says Beth's death "was far too soon and the writers threw away the potential of a perfectly good character."

"Her story wasn't over. Emily Kinney and her character don't deserve this. There was so much more to be done with her character and they chose to kill her in a disgusting, unsatisfying death that caused more anger and disappointment than shock and mourning. Beth was a symbol of hope that a lot of women could relate to and see themselves in (especially self-harmers who saw her as someone who overcame their suicidal/depressive feelings). By sloppily killing her it just shows that she was used to further a man's (Daryl's) storyline. We realize that the circumstances she dies in are irreversible, but this is television. Anything is possible. By signing this petition you can at least show your support for Beth. Let's show Emily Kinney how much we love her and want her back."
    .... OH WHERE IS THE LOVE FOR T-DOG???

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Do we have a thread to type the characters because that would be super fun.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    Do we have a thread to type the characters because that would be super fun.
    Yeah, it's in the Popular Culture typing subforum:
    The Walking Dead

Likes labyrinthine liked this post