User Tag List

First 35434445464755 Last

Permabanned

I think I missed something:

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Okay, that was just boring and lousy overall. maybe ten minutes was interesting, but I found it extremely boring.... so much that I was on my cell phone while it was running because it just wasn't compelling enough to keep my attention, unlike the first three episodes.
    Quote Originally Posted by SensEye View Post
    I agree the Beth episode was a bit of a snoozer.
    Wow, I couldn't disagree more. I enjoyed this episode and while Emily Kinney isn't the best actress, I loved how she had to defend her survivor bonafides to Dawn, which spun us into the end of the episode. I thought it was refreshing that these hospital people were more realistic bad guys, as opposed to the cartoonish bad guys of Woodbury and Terminus.

I tend to like these episodes that focus on one or two characters away from the group. It's better than seeing another hour of the group tromping through the woods, deciding who's worthy of help, and stabbing walkers ad infinitum. I also like that in these episodes you get a glimpse of the wider world and how it all went down - I'd really like more of that.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I really enjoyed it, too, for most of the same reasons @EffEmDoubleyou mentioned, especially the "more realistic bad guys" part. The doctor, in particular- he wasn't an eye-patched badass, just a bespectacled nerd trying to figure out the best way to survive and thereby revealing his weakness of character. All things considered I found Beth's predicament much more legitimately chilling in its mundanity as I think it's much more likely to be the kind of thing I'd face in an apocalyptic situation than some of the more grandiose plotlines we've seen.

This whole season has been excellent so far, IMO.
    Likes EffEmDoubleyou liked this post

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    Wow, I couldn't disagree more. I enjoyed this episode and while Emily Kinney isn't the best actress, I loved how she had to defend her survivor bonafides to Dawn, which spun us into the end of the episode. I thought it was refreshing that these hospital people were more realistic bad guys, as opposed to the cartoonish bad guys of Woodbury and Terminus.

I tend to like these episodes that focus on one or two characters away from the group. It's better than seeing another hour of the group tromping through the woods, deciding who's worthy of help, and stabbing walkers ad infinitum. I also like that in these episodes you get a glimpse of the wider world and how it all went down - I'd really like more of that.
    I read some different reviews, and it seems pretty split. some reviewers enjoyed the episode, some had the same reaction I did. I mean, seriously, I could barely pay attention, I usually don't have that problem even when i think an episode is flawed; but I guess to each their own. It's good to know someone enjoyed it.

---

also, yes, the doctor -- i think he was one of the highlights of the episode; I like how that played out. But it wasn't enough to really make the experience exciting for me. You know, when you go back and watch some episodes you've already seen? This episode will never, ever, ever be on that list... except maybe for the last ten minutes.

I'm more interested to find out whether Carol is actually hurt or just faking it.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned

Well, the last twist...

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I got cable TV last week, so I was able to catch up on the last three episodes. I actually really liked them all; it was nice seeing some backstory for Abraham, for one. Yeah, major twist there with the hike to Wash DC; but not surprising. I also thought even the hospital scenes were decent enough in E7.

Good episode with Carol and Daryl (including the crazy ride off the bridge). I like how they can talk to each other without explicating the obvious; I don't know where their relationship is going, but they do care about each other alot, and Daryl actually opens up to her as far as Daryl ever opens up.

The zombies melted into the parking lot was pretty disgusting (but in the good way).

I still don't know to make of Gabriel. He's lucky if he doesn't get himself or someone else killed at this rate.

Finally. A sex scene. Who woulda thought? I just didn't expect the tone of it. Lol.

.... and so, here we go -- the mid-season finale. Will it suck, or won't it? I've typically had issues with their last two mid-season finales, where they seem to drop the ball. If Scott Gimple pulls off a decent episode, he will be my hero.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Interview with Norman Reedus:
    https://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/t...023943411.html

Is bad stuff gonna happen in the mid-season finale?

----
    Interview with Kirkman:
    https://www.yahoo.com/music/s/robert...050017430.html

I didn't mind much of the Season 1 finale that he is fretting a little over, although it could have been more interesting to hold off the one big spoiler (from that episode) he mentions about the virus.

I agree with his comments on Carol: She's been a real gem in the TV series.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Well, I expect there will be some differences in reaction to this mid-season finale.

My personal reaction (in spoilers, since the episode hasn't been out 24 hours yet):

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Regardless, I did feel bad reading this:
    (Interview with Axed Actor)

Anyway, it's all rather bogus (this snippet), for reasons stated:

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

My best friend recently said that if Colt had been smart they would have brought back the Python to cash in on the popularity of the show. Pythons are now in high demand and selling for an arm and a leg. Colt is broke and may default in the near future.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz