• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Walking Dead- CONTAINS SPOILERS!

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Yeah, Glenn and maybe his gf can stay. Zombie Sophia was awesome. Too bad she was shot in the head.

Uggg, and the dude that hosts Talking Dead is sooo annoying!!

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Now that I think about it, why was everyone so concerned about the walkers in the barn? The barn itself was strong enough to hold all of them and there seemed to be little chance of them escaping; you'd think thr group would act a little more rationally about the whole ordeal.
When I look back at the ones just aching to kill off the walkers in the barn, they are the ones with the least amount of rational thinking present. And it kind of makes sense, since weaker individuals are prone to sniveling under more alpha male/aggressive type individuals like Shane.

no kidding.

As much as I dislike Shane, I completely agree with him. I would've done the same. I would've told Herhsal he forgoes ownership when there is no longer enforced and established law.
Well then Shane (possibly you) is lucky to be challenging someone like Hershal and not someone like the Governor.

F

figsfiggyfigs

Well then Shane (possibly you) is lucky to be challenging someone like Hershal and not someone like the Governor.

Correct me if I'm wrong, because I tend to fast forward A LOT during each episode, but was there ever a Governor character?
Anyways, what I meant, is that after the breakout, there was no longer any law, or people to establish it, everyone made camp where they could and knew they'd have a better chance of survival. I'm surprised the group(to be fair, not all of them knew) was so hunky-dory about Hershel and his demands, especially when the other option is to continue moving about in the danger.. I understand the value of civility and team work, but, to walk out because someone "told you so" is absurd.
This is why I support Shane's decision to open the barn and kill them all. Danger should not voluntarily be allowed to exist in your home, especially if you can help it.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Correct me if I'm wrong, because I tend to fast forward A LOT during each episode, but was there ever a Governor character?
Anyways, what I meant, is that after the breakout, there was no longer any law, or people to establish it, everyone made camp where they could and knew they'd have a better chance of survival. I'm surprised the group(to be fair, not all of them knew) was so hunky-dory about Hershel and his demands, especially when the other option is to continue moving about in the danger.. I understand the value of civility and team work, but, to walk out because someone "told you so" is absurd.
This is why I support Shane's decision to open the barn and kill them all. Danger should not voluntarily be allowed to exist in your home, especially if you can help it.

There's a Governor character in the comics, apparently, who is more sadistic.

I agree with Shane's decision to shoot the barn zombies...but then, even I'm a little torn. This band SHOULD move on. They wouldn't be there if not for their own stupidity and Hershel's kindness. Rick is a man of honor, not to mention law and order. Shane's probably the only one at this point who might decide to just take over Hershel's farm by force, and he would have to have backup. I definitely get that the rules would change regarding land ownership after the ZA, but Hershel and his family made plans for self-sufficiency. These are just a bunch of dumb opportunists. I'd have a serious problem with them taking the farm by force, especially after Hershel saved the stupid kid and has fed and housed them. Daryl found that abandoned house where the roses were growing--they can find another like that.

It also always bothered me the level of guilt Otis had for shooting Carl and him being the sacrificial lamb. He didn't mean to shoot Carl; Carl shouldn't have been there in the first place. He shot a deer. And then took Carl to the house out of the kindness of his heart. He didn't owe them anything, nor did Hershel. I kind of find Hershel's group more sympathetic than our heroes in some regards, even though Hershel is in denial about the zombies being sick.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Damn, why bother watching?

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Personally, I disagree with shooting the zombies in the barn. It's Hershel's land, Hershel's rule. I think if the group wanted to settle down like that, there are plenty of farmhouses with wide open fields, I'm sure. They should move on and find a piece of land, work together to fence it off, and get some sustainable food sources going. Granted, that probably wouldn't make for a very entertaining or dramatic show. But from where Rick is standing... If he wants to settle down like that because of his wife... He has 9 months to find his own place.

If they wanted to stay there and were uncomfortable about the barn, they should have reinforced it. Make the walls thicker, put another fence around it, etc.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
I'm just tired of most of this cast, and I feel like the writers aren't writing people--they're writing DRAMA and SITUATIONS. but they're not doing it well.
I can't even be mad at characters for choices they make, b/c it doesn't feel like they're people making flawed choices. It seems like they're pawns of stupid writers.

Agreed. I was willing to forgive the first season's "people awkwardness" in favor of the positive elements of the show.

BUT ... this season is just making me want to change the channel. :cry:

MBTI Type
INTJ
As much as I dislike Shane, I completely agree with him. I would've done the same. I would've told Herhsal he forgoes ownership when there is no longer enforced and established law.

Ahhh, no!

Enforced law isn't a yoke we'd throw off in an apocalypse, it's something that was established to codify existing ideas about right and wrong. Lack of enforcement shouldn't mean that there isn't any more right or wrong. Without that we might as well just lay down and let the walkers eat us, because we'd be done as a species. I'd have no issue with popping someone who suggested what you think Shane should do. That may sound hypocritical, but frontier justice is better than no justice.

F

figsfiggyfigs

Ahhh, no!

Enforced law isn't a yoke we'd throw off in an apocalypse, it's something that was established to codify existing ideas about right and wrong. Lack of enforcement shouldn't mean that there isn't any more right or wrong. Without that we might as well just lay down and let the walkers eat us, because we'd be done as a species. I'd have no issue with popping someone who suggested what you think Shane should do. That may sound hypocritical, but frontier justice is better than no justice.

Making sure you stay safe by establishing a safe haven, even if others are reluctant to allow it to happen, does not mean right and wrong will no longer exist. I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sure if I had a group that large, and we found such a great farm, I'd do everything I could to guarantee that me and my people get to stay there. Of course, it would be a first measure to use a strategy where it could be seen as a win-win, rather than a hostile take over.

Damn, why bother watching?

Because I am curious as to how it all plays out.

There's a Governor character in the comics, apparently, who is more sadistic.

I agree with Shane's decision to shoot the barn zombies...but then, even I'm a little torn. This band SHOULD move on. They wouldn't be there if not for their own stupidity and Hershel's kindness. Rick is a man of honor, not to mention law and order. Shane's probably the only one at this point who might decide to just take over Hershel's farm by force, and he would have to have backup. I definitely get that the rules would change regarding land ownership after the ZA, but Hershel and his family made plans for self-sufficiency. These are just a bunch of dumb opportunists. I'd have a serious problem with them taking the farm by force, especially after Hershel saved the stupid kid and has fed and housed them. Daryl found that abandoned house where the roses were growing--they can find another like that.

It also always bothered me the level of guilt Otis had for shooting Carl and him being the sacrificial lamb. He didn't mean to shoot Carl; Carl shouldn't have been there in the first place. He shot a deer. And then took Carl to the house out of the kindness of his heart. He didn't owe them anything, nor did Hershel. I kind of find Hershel's group more sympathetic than our heroes in some regards, even though Hershel is in denial about the zombies being sick.

I completely understand Hershel's position, and I understand the demands he is making by asking them to leave. I don't blame him at all, I think it is the smart thing to do for himself and his family, especially since how he thinks is so different from the other group. The longer they stay, the more authority they feel they've gained, the less he has.
They are a bunch of opportunities, which is why I am surprised they didn't just take over the barn. I think the fact that Hershel saved Carl and gave them a place to stay is the only reason they're respecting his wishes.

Personally, I disagree with shooting the zombies in the barn. It's Hershel's land, Hershel's rule. I think if the group wanted to settle down like that, there are plenty of farmhouses with wide open fields, I'm sure. They should move on and find a piece of land, work together to fence it off, and get some sustainable food sources going. Granted, that probably wouldn't make for a very entertaining or dramatic show. But from where Rick is standing... If he wants to settle down like that because of his wife... He has 9 months to find his own place.

If they wanted to stay there and were uncomfortable about the barn, they should have reinforced it. Make the walls thicker, put another fence around it, etc.

Well think of the way they're going out and looking for walkers to catch. It is extremely retarded that they'd even bother staying and helping, if that is what the cost is. The best option for them now is to move on, which is what I suspect the writers will do. I don't think they'll have them take over the land, because the audience won't react to kindly to it.

F

figsfiggyfigs

But you don't even know who is who. Wikipedia probably would give you enough info.

Here's an article for everyone:

How We'd Fix The Walking Dead via Grantland.com

No, I stated that I didn't know who the "Governor" was, which is not the same as not knowing who is who. Anyways, since I only watch the show, and have not read the comic book, I use IMDB in case I mix a character's name up with another's. I usually just refer to them by their physical attributes. :}

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No, I stated that I didn't know who the "Governor" was, which is not the same as not knowing who is who. Anyways, since I only watch the show, and have not read the comic book, I use IMDB in case I mix a character's name up with another's.

Seems easier just to watch it... :p

F

figsfiggyfigs

Seems easier just to watch it... :p
But this is what happens.

mugabe-sleeps-at-conference-590x444.jpg

F

figsfiggyfigs

Yeah, why waste your time with something that doesn't engage you?

Because I am curious as to what happens. It is just very very slow and dramatic. I just want to see who dies, and how, maybe learn why each of them does what they do, without having to watch an hour of them bitching.
Give me the big picture please, no detail.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Yeah, why waste your time with something that doesn't engage you?

I think that's what practically everyone who watches this show is asking him/herself at this point. And still we watch. I think it's that we hope it gets back to they way it was last season, and we hope the people will become more, instead of less, relatable. I'm really not sure why I'm watching now, other than that.

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I'll be elated when the Governor makes his entrance and fists Rick & company's arses like a guido at a fist-pumping contest. That is unless AMC decides to fuck that storyline up as well.

I'm just tired of most of this cast, and I feel like the writers aren't writing people--they're writing DRAMA and SITUATIONS.
Especially when you've read the comics and the TV characters are caricatures of the comic book ones. Even worse is when they add sniveling, hanger-ons like T-Dog to the ranks.

Personally, I disagree with shooting the zombies in the barn. It's Hershel's land, Hershel's rule. I think if the group wanted to settle down like that, there are plenty of farmhouses with wide open fields, I'm sure. They should move on and find a piece of land, work together to fence it off, and get some sustainable food sources going.
It's not as if there wasn't anywhere else on the farm they could have camped at.