Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    I don't want to be a killjoy, but since this thread is about the show, I would consider revealing details of the comic storyline to be unfair spoilers. Things may not happen in the exact same sequence, but plot points could still come into play.
    I would agree.

I decided not to read the comics in case they lift more plot points from them, even though they have deviated from the comics a bit so far.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    I don't want to be a killjoy, but since this thread is about the show, I would consider revealing details of the comic storyline to be unfair spoilers. Things may not happen in the exact same sequence, but plot points could still come into play.
    I agree--I think they'll mostly follow the comics, even if they stray here and there. Usually I don't care much about spoilers because the HOW of it and the character interaction is why I watch a show, but since this one is more about the action than the stellar acting, I'm going to be a bit more of a spoiler avoider.

I would say that in these discussion threads, it should be safe to talk about what has already happened (since the thread itself is spoiler-warned) and it should be safe to speculate. But stuff from the comics should be tagged.

Someone from Television without Pity had an interesting theory about the Greenes, which I'll spoiler tag in case it's true:

Something Witty

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    I really would be okay, actually, with the killing off of the children, if it wouldn't trigger a big cry-fest amongst the adults for episodes on end.

Is it me, or was Sophia's mom really mismatched with the abusive guy (before he got zombied), casting-wise? She looks like she'd run a feminist bookstore in Seattle, and he looks like he crawled out of the backwoods of Georgia.
    riiiight? i said the same thing! she seems way too cool and west coast liberal for that wife hitting hillbilly what the bloody hell.

liking this show too and am getting upset that episode 2 is not online yet. :/
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    I would say that in these discussion threads, it should be safe to talk about what has already happened (since the thread itself is spoiler-warned) and it should be safe to speculate. But stuff from the comics should be tagged.
    This is why I will not use spoiler tags. The title of this thread clearly states that there are spoilers, so it's your own fault if something is "spoiled" for you.
    “'Fuck', I think. What a beautiful word. If I could say only one thing for the rest of my life, that would be it.”

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by 5231311252 View Post
    This is why I will not use spoiler tags. The title of this thread clearly states that there are spoilers, so it's your own fault if something is "spoiled" for you.
    Exactly!

I hope tonight is better than last week.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INTP

HOLY CRAP SHANE!!!!!!!!!!! Not cool. I mean, survival and all, guilt about Carl, but sheesh.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

At least there was some excitement. This show is too predictable for me. So far, I preferred last years writers that were canned.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerlily View Post
    At least there was some excitement. This show is too predictable for me. So far, I preferred last years writers that were canned.
    I agree. I think last year was a lot more interesting. I'm kind of sick of half the characters this year, and I'm reaaaaally done with Lori and Carol. And kind of with Dale, unless they start writing him better.

It bothers me that everybody seems to have this attitude of Otis needing to pay for his crime, which was an accident. He was a standup guy, and he volunteered to go with Shane, and though I understand the survival instinct, I'm kind of annoyed that it went down that way, especially to save dumb Carl. I'm really tired of all the Carl and Sophia whining.

I really like Daryl and Andrea as a team, though!
    Something Witty

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Wowww. Did not expect that Shane storyline to go the way it did.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Shane is an @#!*% .

And I'm falling more and more in love with Daryl and Glenn every day. Here's to hoping the writers don't completely screw them up.
    1w9 sx/sp
    A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants.

All that is gold does not glitter
    Not all those who wander are lost