User Tag List

First 24323334353644 Last

MBTI
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Same.

A lot of the news reports were saying how great the season has been and the ratings are higher, but.... I can't say it really has been doing a lot for me so far. I just feel like I'm in zombie hell, trudging through the same plot motifs over and over. I no longer also have that curiosity, "What am I going to see THIS week???" when you never knew what would happen next.
    Me too. I've been kind of waiting for the season to take a direction. The pendulum has swung too much towards that old "character development" chestnut and away from storyline. Treading water waiting for the Guv I guess.

Plus, at the risk of sounding like comic book guy, I'm appalled at the continuous zombie mismanagement. How hard is it to eyestab a hundred zombies at the fence BEFORE they break it down? It's like there are a hundred or so piling up, Maggie eyestabs half a dozen in a minute, then it's "I'll knock off for the day and go fret about Glen" and Rick is all like: "I better go blather at Carl so he can make me proud later. These zombies caving in the fence will just have to wait".

Was every redshirt in the prison sick? Half a dozen guys for 20 minutes and every zombie at the fence line is dead. Rinse and repeat every time more than a dozen pile up. Sheesh.

MBTI
    ESFJ

I love the Walking Dead. I own seasons 1-3 and have been getting glimpses of Season 4 in when I can. (no cable or Netflix) Without reading the entire thread to know where everyone's at, or what I can or can't say without spoiling, I'll simply say that overall it's a fantastic story of survival and humanity in a post apocalyptic setting.

Does it have parts where I want to scream "No! What are you doing?!" At the screen? Of course. Senseye's mention of zombie mismanagement of the prison fence line is a great example of that. But if you can accept its imperfections, it's well worth the watch.

I picked up volume one and two of the comic book compendium that I still need to read. I did not enjoy what I read of the three Walking Dead novels though. The writing style was just...bleugh.

Long live Daryl & Carol.
    . Salmon Hand Roll .
    A Blog

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Well, I gotta say after Episode 6... that wasn't really where I expected things to go. Could this be the season of personal redemption for certain characters... too little too late?

Since this seems kinda flashbacky, it doesn't really bode well for the ending.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Yeah, I thought the events of this episode were supposed to predate the final scene from the previous episode... so I suspect he'll be back to his old vengeful self soon enough.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

loved it actually
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Things I liked about it was (1) the new characters didn't just feel like "ringers," they actually seemed to have some personality in comparison to some of the other redshirts this season [and I think when and if they bite it, I am actually going to care a bit], (2) I was on edge the whole episode wondering when and if he was going to revert to his established self, and (3) now I'm left wrestling with whether redemption is possible. I felt like he and some other characters had become more cliche, and he felt much more real in this episode than I've experienced him in the past.

But it disturbs me, that miasma of the grays of character that I was left with at the end. And even if such change is possible and maintainable, well, now that casts other characters with a viable grudge as the less-forgiving and potentially "more evil" depending on their responses.

One analogy that rises to mind would be what might have happened if, after his "conversion to Christianity," Jeffrey Dahmer was released to become a member of a church. Would he have ever been trusted or accepted, and especially if they had known some of his victims or even were family members? If awful people can become good, what does that say about the good people (is there really much difference there? is there truly separation?), what does that say about the justification good people feel to exclude bad people or mete out justice, and what does it say about a God who can forgive people who have performed horrendous acts, a God who can forgive the perpetrators of concentration camps, serial crimes, etc?

I found it an unsettling episode in light of questions like that. I just wonder if they'll push it harder or they'll just have him revert back to the bad self so we don't have to wrestle with the questions.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

idk if i can judge someones actions in a normal way while in an insane environment.

which means nothing one way or another...just sort of letting it be without character judgement right now.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

From a rational approach, I agree.

But from an emotional approach? How can one emotionally forgive (and thus forgive in the practical sense) someone who has so badly hurt you and those you have loved? I think that's an intimidating question in the flotsam and jetsam of human experience.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

sure for sure...just postponing judgement i suppose....or rather judging them separately. or adding multiple parts to the whole and maintaining multiple opinions at once.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

I love how this show dictates how we'll feel about certain characters, based on their actions. Now The Governor is a good guy. But check out this clip for next week. And note that the little girl isn't with them.

http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dea...ad-dead-weight