MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I like Tyreese but I still miss T-Dogg.
    T-Dogg was a good guy. Who would have thought Carol would have outlived him for so long?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

The show is veering away from the comic. Tyreese is decapitated by the governor in the comic. Guess we'll have to wait and see. Yeah, I miss T-Dogg too.
    Marilyn Manson was obsessed with Carl's hat, Activia/Candida, women's menstrual cycles, and the bowel movements of walkers.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Oh yeah, the show has already gone way off from where the comics went, from what I've been told. I just think the "Tyreese kind of goes apeshit on some zombies with a hammer" scene was an homage to the scene in the comic where he loses time and clears out a huge number of zombies in a small space.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

So what did you guys think of Sunday's episode? I just watched it tonight.

Found this interesting link.
    http://www.wired.com/underwire/2013/...-indifference/

I did understand where Rick was coming from, but this article is still kind of fair (and amusing) in its criticisms.

I did feel bad for the girl with the tattoo on her leg.

And, oh, look... more redshirts. Cuz this show is all about murdering redshirts. Keep 'em coming... anything to prevent Daryl and our other hand-picked faves from biting it. *doh*

Not a lot happened overall in the episode, I felt, but I actually liked the conversations between Carol and Rick. And I've been kind of surprised. I really had hated (and almost been disgusted by) Carol and her weakness in the first two seasons. She was such a hot mess. I don't agree with everything she has done in the season, but I've found her so much more interesting. (Note that Carol has been "off the clock" for a long long time now. Didn't she kill herself in the comic, like issues and issues ago? So they can pretty much do anything with her. Hey, maybe she'll go shack up with the Guv'nor and start her own empire!)

I also liked whatever is passing for a philosophical discussion between Michonne and Daryl: "M: You were right. The trail is cold. I'm not going out anymore. D: Good. 'bout time." Lol, they crack me up.... both trying to bare their hearts, and that's how it comes out.)

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

oh man...idk. should be interesting.

There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    So what did you guys think of Sunday's episode? I just watched it tonight.

Found this interesting link.
    http://www.wired.com/underwire/2013/...-indifference/

I did understand where Rick was coming from, but this article is still kind of fair (and amusing) in its criticisms.
    I agree with the article in that Rick is almost bipolar between being dysfunctional and a dictator. In reality the "group" should have demoted him to junior flunky due to his failed leadership long ago. But I get the "main character must be involved" restrictions of a TV series.

I like the new all business Carol, hopefully she will show up again sometime.

PS> Never read the comic, so I have no clue about what might happen, or the general storyline that the series is likely to follow.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by SensEye View Post
    PS> Never read the comic, so I have no clue about what might happen, or the general storyline that the series is likely to follow.
    I've kept some general tabs on the comic, but am not a reader either. I tried to read an issue once, and I thought the show was dramatically a lot better; the book felt rather emotionally lifeless to me and more based on shock value than having some dramatic direction.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Well, that was a thrilling episode: Tons more redshirts dead. But of course no one cares about that, they just want to know if anyone in the core group bit the big one. And I ain't tellin'.

...And then of course the startling ending that we all pretty much anticipated a few episodes ago. Big surprise there.

I'll say that I really didn't much like Herschel in Season #2 but now he's one of my favorite characters. Once he got past his own spot of blindness, he kind of took over as the moral/rational center of the group in Season #3 and has been a great stabilizing force since.

And what do you know? They still haven't killed off the entire black cast. Normally the writers seem to have it in for them... well, except for Michonne, who might as well have her own fan club and spin-off show.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I'm irritated about the ending. I knew it had to be coming but I didn't want it to.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I'm irritated about the ending. I knew it had to be coming but I didn't want it to.
    Same.

A lot of the news reports were saying how great the season has been and the ratings are higher, but.... I can't say it really has been doing a lot for me so far. I just feel like I'm in zombie hell, trudging through the same plot motifs over and over. I no longer also have that curiosity, "What am I going to see THIS week???" when you never knew what would happen next.