User Tag List

First 21293031323341 Last

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Not sure where the discussion of the rest of Season 3 is located.

What did people think about the opener for Season 4?
    I thought it was alright. I welcomed the beleaguering of zambinos.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck_of_Death View Post
    Screw this show. So sick of zombies.
    Nope.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Yes.

Walking Dead is predictable and draws on every bad cliche in the book. Melodrama is for cunts, for the record.

This is why it is the most popular show on TV. The program is as mediocre as its fanbase.

Kudos on the make-up work, though.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp

I think the suggestion was that the zombies had been up there, but they were all just kind of scattered on the roof. The noise brought them all to one location on the room, increasing the weight load tremendously on a section that already had the downed chopper on it, which meant...

... oh snap, who knows??
    Yeah, at first you saw them walking into the direction the noise came from. Then the whole area above the doctor broke down, but just one zombie fell down, later other zombies fell down. After that they started to fall down at random locations and in the end the whole roof broke down.
    Like I said, I'm too picky

I thought it was also bad, that you saw random characters cry in full shot. You can't really get emotionally affected when you don't know that person.

All in all I thought it was cool and I'm excited for new episodes.

There were a number of cute lines / fun zingers, at least.
    I watched it in German, many lines got sacrificed due to a good synchronisation, but I understand only half of what they are talking in English. Do they speak in dialect?
    4w3 - 7w6 - 1w9 : The Idealist

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Stephano View Post
    I watched it in German, many lines got sacrificed due to a good synchronisation, but I understand only half of what they are talking in English. Do they speak in dialect?
    Hmm. Well, it's set down in Atlanta so some characters have a southern accent, I think mostly if there was anything hard to understand, maybe self-referential lines to earlier episodes? Or maybe some of the humor?

For example, the one kid with glasses was so overly polite to Daryl (who is kind of a backwoods guy) and gushing all over him, calling him "Mr. Dixon" (which is very formal) whereas Daryl is informal by nature and also soft-spoken and seems to shy away from hero worship / doesn't want to be put on a pedestal. So he licks his hand before shaking to "clean it off" (what a joker), and then later Carol is ribbing him about "how she knew him first" (before he falls in love with this other Daryl worshiper).

Or another kid (we who are about to die) starts trying to guess who Daryl was in his former life, and finally settles on homicide cop or something... which isn't correct at all, but Daryl plays along in that low-key cute Daryl way ('it was a lot of heavy shit'... as if killing zombies and his brother and fighting daily to survive isn't).

Or Michonne brings Rick a razor as a gift and says, "his face is losing the war [against his whiskers]."

And there's the whole "30 days without an accident" sign that used to (does it still?) show up in manufacturing plants, as bragging rights for how safe the place is (theoretically), and the clock is reset as soon as there is an accident.

I dunno, do you mean stuff like that was confusing or dropped in the translation?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp

No, I didnt mean something like that.
    The confusion is not thematically but more linguistically (If that is understandable).
    I live in Austria and we are pretty familiar with US culture since we are watching your movies, shows, music, etc...
    I know that "x days without an accident - sign" from e.g. The Simpsons but I maybe have a hard time with it because they are not talking formal english. Sometimes I miss some words and then my brain can't construct the sentence. It's harder to follow the plot because of that. I also watched season 3 of Game of thrones in English and they are talking some kind of British dialect, right? I usually wait for the synchro when a new season comes out.

Or another kid (we who are about to die) starts trying to guess who Daryl was in his former life, and finally settles on homicide cop or something... which isn't correct at all, but Daryl plays along in that low-key cute Daryl way ('it was a lot of heavy shit'... as if killing zombies and his brother and fighting daily to survive isn't).
    This is different to the German version. The boy immediately guesses Daryl's job right and that was it if I remember right. Then they went into the building.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Some men are blessed by fate to be farmers, but it looks like -- despite his best efforts -- Rick is not one of them.
    The world he wishes to escape to or recreate for himself no longer exists.

And it looks like Michonne wasn't telling us something.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephano View Post
    This is different to the German version. The boy immediately guesses Daryl's job right and that was it if I remember right. Then they went into the building.
    Sounds like they cut the rest of the dialogue there where he plays along.

In the “30 Days without an Accident” episode of The Walking Dead, Daryl has become part of the governing council, and he hunts to provide food for the group. However, there is an air of mystery over what Daryl did before the zombie apocalypse. Beth’s new boyfriend Zach has even made a game out of trying to guess Daryl’s former occupation.

Zach tells Daryl and Michonne, “Okay, big swing here: homicide cop.” After Michonne starts laughing, Daryl answers, “Actually, the man’s right. Undercover.” While Daryl plays his reply straight at first, he eventually cracks up about it. Realizing he’s guessed wrong again, Zach says, “I guess I’ll just keep guessing I guess.” Daryl responds, “Yeah, you keep doing that.”

Even though Zach doesn’t find out what Daryl’s former occupation was, executive producer Gale Anne Hurd seemed to indicate in an interview with MTV that fans might eventually learn the answer. Hurd said, “Everyone wants to know who Daryl was before the apocalypse. And it’s not just the fans, it’s the characters on the show. So you never know, we might just find out.”
    EDIT:

In other news, I didn't know Steven Yeun (the guy who plays Glenn) was so funny. This article is a year old, and the "spoiler" in it (about the comic) old news now, but the letter is pretty amusing.

http://comicbook.com/blog/2012/10/08...-to-the-comic/

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp

How lame was Episode 2? The sense is really missing in this one. It always turns out bad when kids get roles where they have to show real emotions, it broke the "stage reality" almost completely.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Weird but I liked this episode more than the season opener... despite the kids not being the greatest actors.

That said, too many predictable redshirts being used as cheap plot devices.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Episode 3

Well, I kind of had guessed that last bit of the episode, when Rick asks someone a pertinent question and gets the answer he didn't want to hear. No idea where that's going to go.

And I guess someone isn't quite as numb as she thinks she is, although only her closest relationships apparently get to her. (BTW, what is up with her perfectly tweaked eyebrows? Seriously? It looks like she purposefully and consistently shapes them.)

i think my favorite conversations happen between Daryl and Michonne. They're the two least talkative individuals, so their conversations are so minimalist while still getting the point across.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp

Weird but I liked this episode more than the season opener... despite the kids not being the greatest actors.

That said, too many predictable redshirts being used as cheap plot devices.
    Exactly, it was a bit too predictable as well, since almost every unimportant character seems to be dead now, haha Btw, I haven't watched episode 3 yet, but I will when it comes out, so I'm going to read it later.