User Tag List

First 20282930313240 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I saw the first webisode series, involving the bicycle/park zombie from episode one. The clips were short, but poignant. Interestingly, the director of that went on to be more prominently involved in Seasons 2 and 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I think my favorite part (besides Morgan's awesome soliloquy and Michonne and the cat) was when Rick was like "Do you wanna drive? Good, 'cause I see things."
    I was happy to hear Rick finally make a joke about himself. He's not completely gone.

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleYou
    Also, I think Carl is going to be a remorseless killing machine, not LESS callous than Rick. He hasn't lived enough of his life under the old ways to have as much humanity as Rick does.
    He was being portrayed that way, midway through Season 2, but he simply hasn't been written or portrayed that way in the last few episodes. He's not operating as a detached machine. He still expresses strong attachment, and in broader ways than Rick. He didn't know Morgan, for example, but apologized to him on his own initiative, beacuse he felt bad about shooting him. He also risked his life over something broadly sentimental (a picture) of his family, for a little sister he barely knows but who he is attached to. He also interacted with Michonne as a person, not as some kind of guardian getting in his way. Very different from children who have had the attachments/feelings burned out of them... and Carl has already been through probably the biggest traumas he'll experience for the first time. If Rick gets killed, for example, yes, he'll lose his dad; but he's already lost his mom in a far worse way, and had to be the one to cap her. He might have lost his innocence, but Carl is still showing sensitivity and nuance in social interactions, on an almost adult level.

The actor playing Carl is also playing things more warmly, not coldly.

So the progression into "ruthlessness" seems momentarily halted. If the writers want to go in that direction, they need to set up his character differently, and the director needs to direct the actor better to not be so warm.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

He shot Morgan without knowing he had on a vest, and didn't think twice about it until he realized that Morgan was important to his dad. I don't think he's ever going to be completely heartless or ruthless, but "remorseless killing machine"? Yeah, he's on track to be that. He's going to dispense with anyone who is a threat to his core group and it doesn't seem like he's going to dither about it much.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Whatever. I guess we'll see.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ

Critics:
    I found the series to have thin stories. They have no plan, they all run around like headless chickens every single time zombies come, and every single time someone fucks up. And no one rigged anything ever.. for zombie proofing. Like the cars.. They did start to rig the farm as they covered the windows. No one ever thinks about some sort of body armor and swords/spears/spikes. They only use the knifes who are slow close to and risky.

And them lowering a Glenn into the well was pretty stupid.

And that son of Rick.. Carl.. he needs a slap for not letting everyone know where he saw a zombie and being unmannered.

And the series got too much girly drama.. so.. annoying.

Positives.

Ricks gun is awesome. Daryl is awesome. Glenn is cool, And that stupid Andrea who almost shot him is cool.

I hope they find a new farm. Other wise i will continue to "speedread" this series.

MBTI
    INTJ

Season 3 is looking much better.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Not sure where the discussion of the rest of Season 3 is located.

What did people think about the opener for Season 4?

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

I think zombies fell from the sky.
    Screw this show. So sick of zombies.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I didn't really like the opener. "It's Raining Zombies" was kind of interesting for a brief moment, but it was all same-old, same-old... up to and including the typical "redshirt" approach to casting.

Oh, except now there might be a plague going around. Wheee.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp

I didn't really like the opener. "It's Raining Zombies" was kind of interesting for a brief moment, but it was all same-old, same-old... up to and including the typical "redshirt" approach to casting.

Oh, except now there might be a plague going around. Wheee.
    It really makes no sense. Why should the whole building break down right at that moment they are in it? The zombies were at least years up there.
    I thought they could have made the opener smarter (maybe I'm just to picky because of Breaking Bad), but I got entertained, so they did well.
    4w3 - 7w6 - 1w9 : The Idealist

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Stephano View Post
    It really makes no sense. Why should the whole building break down right at that moment they are in it? The zombies were at least years up there.
    I think the suggestion was that the zombies had been up there, but they were all just kind of scattered on the roof. The noise brought them all to one location on the room, increasing the weight load tremendously on a section that already had the downed chopper on it, which meant...

... oh snap, who knows??

That dumbass doc should have just kept his bottle of wine (I guess he had a drinking problem?). In this case, not boozing it up will kill you.

I thought they could have made the opener smarter (maybe I'm just to picky because of Breaking Bad), but I got entertained, so they did well.
    There were a number of cute lines / fun zingers, at least.