User Tag List

First 16242526272836 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Meh. Just finished watching the half-season finale (the last episode released), and I wasn't that thrilled with it. Probably the worst episode I've seen in awhile. What a shame. Michonne of course managed to stir things up a bit, though.

Oh, and the Governor is officially a dick at this point.

EDIT: Great line in one of the AV Club reviews:

...[Third Season] episodes have done a great job at selling just how lethal and driven the winter made our heroes. The Governor’s attempts to bring peace and joy to Woodbury are built on a foundation of lies and murder, but it’s also a dream that’s making his soldiers soft. As dangerous as it gets for Rick and the others, they manage to pull off a major assault and achieve their central goal with only XXXXXXX (so far). That’s the tradeoff for recognizing the world for what it really is: not many ice cream socials, but you know how to get the job done.
    I was thinking the same thing, especially in the last episode or two when the Governor cannot believe that a small group without major artillery cleared the penitentiary. Yes, our heroes have a higher-percentage body count than those who attempt Mt. Everest, it seems, but the survivors are pretty damned good at surviving. Glenn himself is a great case for it.... he was timid and skittish and a runner in that second episode of the series, and now he is a killing machine who can improvise on the fly. And you can see Maggie hardening up too. Carl doesn't even flinch. I remember them running scared in the wild, originally, chased by walkers; now they just casually walk around through the walkers and just kill them when they come near, without much urgency. Because they are no longer intimidated.

... and for you Duck Lip haters, you'll cheer with the last section of that review:

"Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

LOL@ the Talking Dead promo timing. My favorite ever bad cut scene timing on TWD:

(I'm assuming I don't need to warn anyone that there are very gory images in that video... but just in case, DO NOT WATCH unless you can stomach this show.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Oh, and the Governor is officially a dick at this point.
    Now?? Your threshold for dickishness is very high :p
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    Now?? Your threshold for dickishness is very high :p
    It just took me time to settle on the right word. I had many choices.

... seriously, I think the show didn't know how it wanted to portray him. He's more a dick than scary, to me, at this point. I think they muddled the presentation. IN the half-season finale, he should be terrifying, but I didn't feel much at all except thinking he was a paranoid ahole.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

OMG OMG OMG WALKING DEAD TONIGHT OMG OMG OMG

I have never needed the diversion of television like I need it right now. And television is there for me.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Whoop whoop! Finally!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Bummer. I don't have TV.
    But I'll be able to watch it tomorrow on some random Internet site.

I really hope the thing between Darryl and Merle ain't a let-down.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Well, I haven't much liked the last two episodes at all. I don't even understand why the last episode was called "The Suicide King."

Honestly, I don't normally feel like the writers are manipulating the characters through some predetermined paces as much as I have with the last two episodes. I had a much better time watching Sherlock this weekend...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I wondered about the title, too. I remembered from my Quaker school lunchtime poker games of yore that in a deck of cards, the "suicide king" is the king of hearts who is stabbing himself in the head (this one kid who liked to seem cool would always call "one-eyed jacks and suicide kings" wild). I'm trying to figure out how that connects to the episode, though. I suspect it has to do with Rick somehow. I'm poking around for more now.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

For me, last night wasn't great, but I think next week will be much better. Looks like they're following the comics right now, so things should be getting very crazy soon!