MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Well, one difference I can think of is that
    Perhaps those differences are meaningless but I like to think they aren't.
    Lol. Good point... although

I mean, I do agree intuitively that I think they are different, but their circles have begun to intersect to some degree even if they might never superimpose. Rick is not the same idealist Rick we saw through some of Season 2, I think things started to really change for him when that barn door was opened in mid-season.

Both men do act in utilitarian fashion and have the tribal loyalty, but along with when you have said here:
    My opinion is that with Rick we are seeing what happens to a person with a decently functioning moral compass when he's subjected to extreme terror and grief over an extended period of time. With the Governor we're seeing what happens to someone who is only a good citizen because of legal/civil boundaries, not moral ones, when those legal/civil boundaries fall away (worse if he then gets a chance to set the next set of legal/civil boundaries himself).
    I would also say that

I expect in the mid-season finale to see Andrea having to make a choice, which will end up further defining her character for good or bad.

I think she hasn't seen that the Governor is a 'slimeball' because he has aspects that she naturally resonates with. It's easy to see someone is a slimeball when their aspects don't mesh as naturally with yours. That's why I think, if she finds out what happened to Glenn, then her character is on the line -- at that point, she'll show her own character without any confusion. (AKA, is she loyal to her friends and willing to give up her own wants to help them, or will she sell out for what she personally wants, with someone who is morally dubious at best?)

"Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Good points about Rick vs. The Governator. I strongly agree with your assessment that

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Looks like we're alone in the Duck Lips Anti-Fanclub. I don't get her appeal at all. She consistently cozies up to the slimeball of the week and somehow fails to see that he's a slimeball. She has some badass qualities, that I won't deny, but personality-wise? Can't stand her.
    Count me in. She has skills and toughness, but also has amazingly poor judgment and defends it vigorously. That's really off-putting.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Did anyone read the comic? Does anyone know how the characterizations match the comic? Just curious...

(I know obviously there have been a few major departures in terms of life/death in the character continuity so far...)

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Did anyone read the comic? Does anyone know how the characterizations match the comic? Just curious...

(I know obviously there have been a few major departures in terms of life/death in the character continuity so far...)
    I haven't read the comic, but I know that Shane and Darryl don't appear at all in the comic. That was surprising to me because they're such major characters.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    I haven't read the comic, but I know that Shane and Darryl don't appear at all in the comic. That was surprising to me because they're such major characters.
    Well, Shane is at least mentioned, but he dies very early apparently... maybe even off the page. Not sure. Darryl definitely doesn't appear, nor does Merle.

I read a little bit of the comic synopsis this afternoon and was surprised at HOW different it was -- some characters are around longer, some not, some are missing altogether, some of the relationships are different, sometimes personality will be somewhat different. I only felt comfortable reading the page at all because it isn't necessarily giving anything away in the show.

You all should play the Walking Dead game (it's available for pretty much all platforms). It's not a mindless shooter or anything. It's an adventure title, and the storyline is dynamically generated based on your choices and relationships. It won many game of the year awards last year.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    You all should play the Walking Dead game (it's available for pretty much all platforms). It's not a mindless shooter or anything. It's an adventure title, and the storyline is dynamically generated based on your choices and relationships. It won many game of the year awards last year.
    So this isn't the one on FaceBook, but a different stand-alone version?

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    So this isn't the one on FaceBook, but a different stand-alone version?
    Yeah, it's standalone (probably available on Steam.. I played it on the Xbox). It's 5 different "episodes", so you can pay in increments. It's centered on an entirely different group (although Glenn is a minor character).

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

@Ivy. Yeah, she needs some serious 'taking care of' and she likes being tended to by the 'head dog'. Iow, I can't stand her either. To add to what you said about Rick; I don't think he pretends to be anything other than who he is. He's all 'over the place' sometimes, yes, but he's dealin' and he's had a lot to deal with. He's sorting himself out.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~