User Tag List

First 14222324252634 Last

I've only seen to Season 2 so far. I was burned out on whole zombie thing before, but I finally gave it a chance not long ago. Glad I did. A TV show is the best way to tell this kind of story.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by PuddleRiver View Post
    @Ivy. Isn't she just incrediblily stupid?
    SO glad somebody agrees with me! I can't stand her. Petulance is not the same thing as strength.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

So is the Governor *trying* to channel Liam Neeson at all, or is he merely a second cousin or something?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Who is "Duck Lips"?

edit: Oh, the blonde. I don't see duck lips.

she's one of the only actors I recognize in this show (she was in x-files).

I like her character. She survived a herd, running on foot. Dale is a whiner and has no place in this world.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Who is "Duck Lips"?
    edit: Oh, the blonde. I don't see duck lips.
    *quack* Yeah. Andrea (Laurie Holden).

she's one of the only actors I recognize in this show (she was in x-files).
    Yup. She hooked up with Nick "Ratboy" Lea (AKA Alex Krycek).

I like her character. She survived a herd, running on foot. Dale is a whiner and has no place in this world.
    It's funny how personality preferences impact perception. I don't mind her nearly as much as Ivy seems to, although she's more abrasive than I prefer to hang out with much. But I totally track her thinking and don't have much issue with it, and like you said... she freaking outran a herd, and she didn't stop until she literally just couldn't go any further. That's pretty badass and shows a really strong will/endurance; that is something I really respect.

Dale was definitely the moral compass of the group and had his own pro's and con's because of that... kind of Fe primary there...

Darryl's been growing on me a lot. he runs a lot deeper than people would suspect.

I probably find Carol the most annoying... she's one of the most judgmental.

I don't know what the hell is going on with Rick. he's all over the map lately, after Season 2 finished. His character hasn't stabilized yet after everything that happened in that season.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Dale was definitely the moral compass of the group and had his own pro's and con's because of that... kind of Fe primary there....
    Moral compass is OK, but he goes about it in an overly entitled way. Like how he takes her gun away, for example. I wasn't clear on how they even met, but it seemed like he barely even knew her. He acts like one of those guys who treats a first date like a wife or girlfriend.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Moral compass is OK, but he goes about it in an overly entitled way. Like how he takes her gun away, for example. I wasn't clear on how they even met, but it seemed like he barely even knew her. He acts like one of those guys who treats a first date like a wife or girlfriend.
    I don't quite remember either, but Dale's wife had died, and so he took Andrea and Amy under his wing as surrogate daughters sometime before the show began.

I had the same thought you did, and it's why Andrea had such a problem with him. Yes, he could speak his mind, they had that much connection; but he didn't really have the right to take things from her as if she was ten and her dad, even if he didn't agree with her choices.

Eventually he realized he had overstepped his bounds (although I still don't think he FELT like he did), and tried to stay out of her way.

I think things really came to a head at the end of Season 1, though, where he pressured her to keep going when she had given up, and she felt as if he had taken her autonomy from her against her will. I would like to see this addressed at some point, as what he did was definitely a violation of her choices, and yet she seems kind of happy now... will she ever feel appreciative? Was he right to do that in the long run? It is an interesting thought...

Crap. I see from IMDB that Ratboy is -- 50 years old??? That's just.. SO wrong.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I am gonna say about Season 3, Episode 7, that Glenn has really toughened up a lot since we've seen him in the second (?) episode of the series. Wow. He really has become a badass, but he still has managed to preserve a lot of his kindness and grace in the process.

Which leads me to my next puzzler: Is Rick really much different anymore than the Governor? What is the difference between the two at this point? They have both become patriots for their own tribal groups and are very suspicious of outsiders, to the point of taking decisive aggressive action... sometimes unnecessarily.

One more to go (the mid-season finale), and I am now caught up. I have the feeling lots of stuff is gonna go down and both sides are gonna feel the hurt. Where is Bloody Face when we need him?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Well, one difference I can think of is that
    Perhaps those differences are meaningless but I like to think they aren't.

My opinion is that with Rick we are seeing what happens to a person with a decently functioning moral compass when he's subjected to extreme terror and grief over an extended period of time. With the Governor we're seeing what happens to someone who is only a good citizen because of legal/civil boundaries, not moral ones, when those legal/civil boundaries fall away (worse if he then gets a chance to set the next set of legal/civil boundaries himself).

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by PuddleRiver View Post
    @Ivy. Isn't she just incrediblily stupid?
    Looks like we're alone in the Duck Lips Anti-Fanclub. I don't get her appeal at all. She consistently cozies up to the slimeball of the week and somehow fails to see that he's a slimeball. She has some badass qualities, that I won't deny, but personality-wise? Can't stand her.