User Tag List

First 11192021222331 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I'm pretty sure the musical cue as they left the quarry in episode #5 (the 60-second instrumental build-up) was ripped from the movie "Sunshine," the scene where Capa is trying to run in the suit to get to the payload before it blasts off into the sun (he falls down once on the way).

Funny.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Finished the last two episodes of Season #1.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

I cannot imagine a huger waste of time than this show.

Of course, my kid likes it.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Pretty impressed with this show so far. Made it through three episodes. It seems much more "realistic" than a lot of other TV fare.

Wicked show I watched every single episode so far be prepared though to have alot of the characters you've learned to love randomly die.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    I cannot imagine a huger waste of time than this show.

Of course, my kid likes it.
    You make your kid watch it? lol it's pretty damn violent I don't advise this.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    Wicked show I watched every single episode so far be prepared though to have alot of the characters you've learned to love randomly die.
    Lol. It really is a crapshoot. I mean, characters who had time invested in them suddenly decide they don't want to keep going and/or get the axe. It definitely has been brutal!

Permabanned

Rick: ISTJ.
    Shane: ESTP.
    Lori: EXFJ I can't figure out if she's N or S.
    Glen: ENTP?
    Daryl: ESTJ or ISTP.
    Carl: ISTP.
    Carol: EXTJ?

Anew Leaf

Let's play a game of pretend.

Let's say you are someone who gets nightmares from seeing the "wrong" commericals on tv for horror films.

With that in mind, how scary is this series?

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post

Let's say you are someone who gets nightmares from seeing the "wrong" commericals on tv for horror films.

Well it's alot more suspenseful than scary it's also pretty gory and twisted alot of the time.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    Well it's alot more suspenseful than scary it's also pretty gory and twisted alot of the time.
    I agree with that. Less about scares, more about action sequences and "will they get away?" Suspenseful.

And the zombies are done up pretty horrifically. The pilot showed, for example, the top half of a zombie (sans pelvis and legs) with entrails hanging out the body, the face half-eroded, dragging itself through a park by its arms. Hordes of zombies are also getting shot, bludgeoned, decapitated, skewered, etc. The pilot also featured a poor horse getting eaten by a zombie mob, although we didn't really see the details of it; we did also see humans getting eaten/bitten badly.

It's decent movie-style makeup and prosthetics here, it looks pretty real.

Some great character drama, which makes it more poignant than just a "zombie movie" though. It's more about the people dropped into this horrible situation, than about the zombies per se.

My kids don't watch it, but they're teens and are really good at figuring out what's good for them. I think the eldest would watch it and find it interesting. My daughter would never come near it, she'd have nightmares. My middle kid could go either way, depending on mood, but not be really into it.